• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 donvega

donvega

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 02:16 PM

Hi guys. this past weekend we (my wife and I) moved our clocks forward for spring. We have an atomic clock in the bedroom. It stays on time and even changes for daylight savings time automaticly. Well, Sunday everything went fine, time wise. We had no trouble ajusting to the time. However Monday, we got up for work at our usual time. 5:30, we left for work at our usual time 6:15. This is where it gets good. As we are driving down the street, I notice that the sun is up and if our time is one hour earlier, the sun should not have risen yet. My wife also noticed more children in front of the school by our home. That is when my wife noticed the dash clock on our van and it read 7:15. We were 15 mins late for work. I looked at my watch and it confirmed 7:15. We lost an hour from 6:15 to 7:15 and we don't know how or what could have happened to cause us to lose an hour. I know most will say we didn't pay attention to our clocks. Not true, we are both in our 50's and don't take going to work late lightly. We pay close attention to our time and clocks. The fact that this was the weekend for the time change makes it seem that, this is the reason for our missing hour. My wife and I know better. Any suggestions. Like to hear. And thanks in advance. DonVega :-)

#2 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 02:41 PM

Abducted by aliens?

:( :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#3 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Interests:supernatural, history, reading, writing, criminology, cartoons, camping

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:20 PM

Time warp would be my answer!
I love Shanon.Currently running Life 3.3 operating system. Upgrade due in 8 months.My Forum

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,206 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:50 AM

I dont think alien abduction, but time warp is definitely a possibility.

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#5 donvega

donvega

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:37 AM

Hi guys, I think that it could be either. But the most likely is that our resident guest changed the clock after we got out of bed. My wife says that it is the kind of thing her past (dead) friend would do as a joke. That she had that kinda humor. I think that is probably it cause as I was resetting the atomic clock in the bedroom the night after this happened, the tv was on and it changed channel by itself as I was working on clock but listening to tv. Thanks for your responses. DonVega:-)

#6 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:48 PM

aliens do cause time loss and you usually don't realize it unti hours later. I experienced this flying through the Bermuda Triangle on a commercial airliner. Everyone on board that I spoke with when I noticed the time difference after arriving at Miami Intnl. said they hadn't realized it until I asked them about it while we were standing and waiting for our luggage. But there was about an hours difference.We thought we had arrived on time but according to the clocks in the terminal we were almost an hour late.

#7 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:19 PM

is this the same thing that holly studies? reality shifting? or is an hour too long for it to be reality shifting?

how frustrating dntueva!!! what on earth would you tell your boss about why you were late!! sorry, we got stuck in a time warp!! lol... :rolleyes: I hope we can find some answers for you, certainly interesting!!

My first thought was that perhaps you set the clock wrong in the first place..but you say you didnt...and the fact that the tv was playing funny bugga's whilst you were using the clock, t hen i'd say your ghostie was having fun with you lol

If i was a ghost, this is the exact same things i would do lol...

#8 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:47 PM

LOL@ Simmy....You knew I'd be drawn to this thread just by the title, didn't you?

Don, reality shifts are one of my main interests. If you're curious, I can post some links here for you.
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#9 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:25 PM

yep holly !! i was wondering how long it would take you to get here!!

added: is an hour too long for it to be reality shifting? and the fact that they both experienced it... :unsure:

#10 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:34 PM

An hour is not too long at all...I've researched shifts that lasted a couple of minutes, and those that have lasted for nearly an entire day.

I have an incredible amount of questions for Don...He's probably going to regret making this post!
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#11 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:44 PM

The tricky part to work out though Holly, is, whether it was his ghostly freind who was changing the channels on his TV when he was adjusting the clock, or whether it was a reality shift of some kind .. GOOD LUCK!! lol

#12 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:02 PM

My wife says that it is the kind of thing her past (dead) friend would do as a joke.

I hate to admit it, but I would too :rolleyes:
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#13 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,622 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:10 AM

was the bedroom clock the only clock in the house that was different?
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#14 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:12 AM

good question mr god :)

#15 donvega

donvega

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:26 AM

Hi everyone, thanks for the responses. I really am intrested in knowing the truth as well. To answer some of the questions asked, all the clocks were set correctly and were as such when we returned home that Monday after work. The only clock not set right was the bedroom clock. It was an hour late. The time was correct because on sat/sun night I set my clocks and watches forward. Our time Sunday went correctly, clockwise and timewise. The thing weird was when we rose from sleep, Monday, it was very dark. As it should have been. Yet when we drove away from our home it was extra light cause the sun was even higher in the sky as it should have been as it was 7:15, not 6:15. As you probably read, we rise at 5:30 and get ready for work and leave at 6:15. The sun rose awfully quick in 45 mins. Maybe just my imigination. My money is on our resident guest. Maybe.Any links or help is apprecieated. Thanks again GV. donvega:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users