Photo

Zombies.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 xRaexRaex

xRaexRaex

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:I'm a basic 13 year old, music, friends, but I like a lot of different things too...<br /><br />I like zombies and reading about them. Reasearching them and ghosts, demons and what not; a hobby? you might call it. I've read the book, &quot;The Zombie Survival Guide&quot; By: Max Brooks, and it's a very intelligent source of information.<br />I like to read about ghost's too. I get many books here and there about such things.<br /><br />I live in California and have experienced paranormal accurences, so have my siblings. I'm a well believer of ghosts and many unexplainable happanings.<br /><br />So, I like normal stuff, but I have different ideas about a lot of other stuff too.

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:55 PM

Do zombies count as parnormal?

Cause they are caused by the virus Solanum. Unless you believe otherwise?
Don't be carefree and foolish with your most precious asset - life.~Max Brooks

#2 Zoidberg

Zoidberg

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 01:30 AM

Do zombies count as parnormal?

Cause they are caused by the virus Solanum.
Unless you believe otherwise?

According to Wikipedia, Solanum originates from the satirical, humor book, The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From the Living Dead. I honestly don't believe in them.

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 01:58 AM

Its is my understanding that the origions of the Zombie come from the voodoo religion.The participants in some of the voodoo ceremonies where narcotic herbs were used would walk around in a stupor,and to an outside observer,seemed to be walking the walking dead.I believe that an early author was just such an observer and incorperated into his novels in the latter 1800's.I dont find any basis for a factual belief in such a thing myself.

#4 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:23 AM

Ah...fellow readers of The Zombie Survival Guide. Very interesting book. It does make one wonder if there is sure a virus out there. As for the original question...if the virus were real and therefor zombie were real...I'd say they wouldn't be paranormal.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#5 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:28 AM

~What about the movie that was based on facts "The Serpent and the Rainbow"? Wasn't that about "zombies"? It's been so long since I've seen it, I can't remember. I don't think zombies would fall into the catagory of Paranormal...although I'm not sure exactly what catagory it would fall under. Is "Just Plain Creepy" considered a catagory?
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#6 Medicus

Medicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:was naive and belived now skeptic.

Posted 20 July 2006 - 01:15 PM

I don't think zombies walk the earth in certain parts of the globe however it would be fun to shot them in the face with guns.

:clap:

#7 dan_nwmps

dan_nwmps

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:50 PM

thought i read voodoo priests blow some sort of powder into a victims face a short time later they die (not actualy dead but metabolism slows down soo much they appear dead) .. they bury the "body" that night the priest digs up the person and revives them then they keep them drugged and use them to work the fields etc etc one man served a priest for 3 years one day the priest missed his dose of drugs the man woke up and went home .. imagine his familys surprise!!
"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open."Lord Thomas DewarPosted Image

#8 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 20 July 2006 - 05:02 PM

I don't think zombies walk the earth in certain parts of the globe however it would be fun to shot them in the face with guns.

:clap:

I thought we discussed this Medi....
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#9 Magrathea82

Magrathea82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, ghost hunting

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:05 PM

Aside from VooDoo, there is no possible way zombies can exist. Once the brain is dead, it's dead. Sometimes, I think it would be interesting if the dead walked, other times, it would be downright scary. Especially if they were flesh-eating zombies, not slaves.
When life throws you a fast one, either duck or catch

#10 WickedBrat

WickedBrat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:29 married, feel like 19. Just like to meet new people and have fun. Outgoing and I enjoy reading ghost stories. Writing and drawing.

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:13 PM

i have a question pertaining to that post.. can you feel like a zombie at the end of the day ... in this hot sticky weather cleaning rooms... i know it's a virus related thing

but i find that i just feel like one :S

but no one knows for sure huh?
"You seem to be on Death's doorstep" Grandmother"Yeah well, I just wipe My feet on His Unwelcome Mat, say Ciao Sucker and walk away" Me Order My Life with a Side of Fun and Hold the Grim Reaper. I'm just so Evil I could Take His JobPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 xRaexRaex

xRaexRaex

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:I'm a basic 13 year old, music, friends, but I like a lot of different things too...<br /><br />I like zombies and reading about them. Reasearching them and ghosts, demons and what not; a hobby? you might call it. I've read the book, &quot;The Zombie Survival Guide&quot; By: Max Brooks, and it's a very intelligent source of information.<br />I like to read about ghost's too. I get many books here and there about such things.<br /><br />I live in California and have experienced paranormal accurences, so have my siblings. I'm a well believer of ghosts and many unexplainable happanings.<br /><br />So, I like normal stuff, but I have different ideas about a lot of other stuff too.

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:17 PM

Well VooDoo zombies,(if you believe they have or could exist) are toatally different from the other ones. Voodoo ones can feel, or have emotions, regulars ones can't. There is a lot of other differences too. And yea, some information comes from the book written by Max Brooks. But thanks, I didnt really think they were paranormal either. Happy for the info. =)
Don't be carefree and foolish with your most precious asset - life.~Max Brooks

#12 pentagram345

pentagram345

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:07 PM

i love the zombie survival guide its a great read (real or not) but if the virus does exist i cant help but think that somthing from an outbreak would somehow leak through the cracks even if it was swiftly taken care of but of course then there is the part of me that still wants to believe

#13 mish_mash

mish_mash

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:art, drawing, ghosts, paranormal, supernatural, brave little toaster, horror, film, animals, pizza, anthropomorphic, furries, ferrets, fantasy, cars ( the movie)

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:00 AM

my mums calls my brother zombie cos he goes on the computer for about10 hours a day non stop and ends up zombified lol.

zombies in videos games and movies are caused by chemical waste, toxic stuff, T-virus and sometimes by hell getting to over crowded and God letting them run around on the surface. also electricity like Frankensteins monster.

"real life" zombies are caused by voodoo and too much marajuana, computer or just being woken up to early. I actually have an article from fortean times some where about different zombie accounts. that did n't say what caused them though :S
Posted ImageAme: "MATER! DON'T POKE THE GHOSTLIGHT!"Mater: *Pokes it*Ame: O.o "Idiot..."

#14 Mistteak

Mistteak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:horses<br />animals<br />ghosts<br />this site

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:24 AM

I think that it is possible to "Create" a zombie in the Voodoo religion, due to drugs and yes they do reduce the metabolic rate that you do appear Dead, you fail all the 'regular' tests to live. Mythology has them as slaves, buryed and they dug up later.

I am not sure about the virus, but anything is possible.

There is a spider in Australia (can not quite think which one) that's venom is similar on mammals. It slows there heart rate down so that the Flesh of the cought animal stays FRESH. It does this so it can feed off the meal for more than one day, Milking the goodness out of it

I do not think that they are paranormal. They are created, and would be in this world.

#15 whiskeysuicide

whiskeysuicide

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:. joe strummer &lt;3 . the clash . the mescarleros . this rockin' world . reggae . elvis . kitty-cats . riots . supernatural . vampires. faeries . aliens . jurassic park . ghosts . graveyards . ramen noodles . my love. yer face . ATHF . DBZ . chalupas . animals . halloween . ookie spookie things . saving the world .

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:22 PM

i read somewhere in africa someone saw this girl walking around she couldn'tt talk or anything and she looked dead. when they finally got the name out of her, she said her name was of someone who had died years ago...

Superior Galactic Grandma, after eatinga block of cheese, smoking three packsof cigarettes, and drinking a quart of milk... disgusting, that's the word ...R.I.P. Adam Sanders & Steve Harmonilove&missyouboth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users