Sounds like Smoke Alarm

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tink444

Tink444

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

On July 4 I had a serious riding accident. That night I had a friend stay with me. It was the following night, actually early morning 5-6am, that I was woken up from a deep sleep to the sound of an alarm. At first I thought it was the alarm on my night stand, which confused me because I didn't set it, but I woke myself up enough to shut it off only to realize that my alarm goes off with the sound of birds. And furthermore, I realized the sound was coming from the hallway. So I figured it was a smoke alarm battery that needed to be replaced and since I wasn't in any shape to change it I went back to sleep. The alarm sound didn't wake me anymore. So a couple hours later I woke up to silence, so I walked around and checked the alarms for the flashing red light indicating the battery was low, but all of them were fine. Furthermore, since that time, and it's been a couple months, it has not happened again. The thing I want to make clear is that this definitely was not ringing in my ears. This was very loud and sounded just like a smoke alarm. And actually, maybe the smoke alarm was set off by the temperature difference of the spirit that was present. Not sure, but something came to visit me.

#2 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

I'm not sure about a spirit setting it off by temperature change. I've never heard of that before.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#3 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

Since you said you were awoken out of a deep sleep, don't discount the possibility of an audible "sleep start." Sleep starts generally tend NOT to be audible, but rather, that myoclonic "jerk" that feels like you're falling or being jerked awake. The audible type generally tends to manifest as hearing a loud bang or having one's name called, but it can be about anything, as its so closely tied in with hypnagogia/hypnagogic hallucinations. When I have these, I tend to hear the doorbell or an old fashioned telephone ring, lol.

Unfortunately, any time sleep is involved, there are SO many parasoms that mimic paranormal activity that it is impossible to prove that the event is supernatural in any way. But...if it makes you feel better knowing someone was stopping by to check on you after your accident, go with your instincts, and if anything else happens of a possible paranormal nature, document it in a journal.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#4 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

I've not heard of an alarm going off like that. Go with your gut-feeling though.
One thing I was thinking is that maybe you had an out-of-body experience and that was just your spirit bouncing back into your body.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

I would go with one of twpo possibilities at this point. First it is possible that a smoke alarm can malfunction and cause false alarms. Sometimes this can even be something as simple as slight condensation building up around the sensor triggering the action. Later conditions change, the condensation evaporates and everything is normal again. This has happened before, usually but not always when smoke detectors are located near a bathrrom or shower which can add hudity to the air.

Theresa touched on the second and most likely possibility. You don't state to what degree you were awake, but if you only marginally awoke then this is the most probable cause for the event you report. From the description provided though it sounds like you were only half awake when this happened. If you were fully awake and lucid then the probability shifts more toward my first statement above. You will have to decide which is more fitting based on your condition at the time. Also consider, since you were recovering from an accident might you have been under the effect of any pain medications or other drugs? This could alter your waking patterns as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users