Most Dissapointing epsiode

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ryuu

Ryuu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Video games and anime not as heavily as I used to be though just watch anime and play video games once in a while. And the paranormal of course.

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:47 AM

What is the most dissapointing epsiode of a paranormal show you have seen?

For me its a tie between 2 epsiodes of GH when they investigated the Queen mary and the Blue Lady episode

Queen Mary: That would have been insane evidence with the sheet being pulled off the bed but someone pulled a cruddy move and faked it.

Blue Lady: Who sets up fake evidence like that with out telling the investigators and laughs about it during reveal thats just wrong.
"A winner is a loser who will get up and try again." - Dennis DeYoung

#2 Aesalon

Aesalon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:35 PM

I actually thought that both of those were pretty good - because having clients faking events is actually something that is encountered. (Plus watching Jason grind his teeth as Grant politely informed the guy about all of his fakery was a definite plus on the entertainment side.)

-Stephen G.

Co-founder of Fly By Night Paranormal Investigations.

Based in Omaha, NE with a chapter in Dallas /Ft. Worth, TX. FBN is primarily a paranormal research team with a focus on classical 'haunting phenomena.' 

Please visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook...NightParanormal

#3 grimshawl

grimshawl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:all things paranormal, cemetery photography, odd and forgotten history and locations, fishing, reading, gaming.

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:12 AM

I actually thought that both of those were pretty good - because having clients faking events is actually something that is encountered. (Plus watching Jason grind his teeth as Grant politely informed the guy about all of his fakery was a definite plus on the entertainment side.)

I have to agree that these were entertaining and eduacational. I am glad they made and aired these episodes to show the general public what can happen at times when you go investigate places.

Edited by grimshawl, 21 April 2010 - 09:12 AM.

Still full of Wonder at the Worlds Workings, looking for some of the ansers and most of the questions. Lost and Found Ohio

#4 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:33 PM

The silly part is it never stopped them from selling $300 tickets to go investigate the Queen Mary with them. I always thought that if you caught a client faking evidence you stayed away from them?
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:01 AM

I aviod most para-tainment TV because I think a large partb of their "evidence" is fabricated or embellished. Having done this for 35 years, if I know one thing, good evidence is often hard to get. It would take too many hours to reliably get what some of these shows claim for them to meet schedules. Thus, they fabricate or fill up the time slot with whiz-bang graphics and drama....

#6 GhosthunterCharles

GhosthunterCharles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, movies, video games.

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:31 AM

I remember the episode of "unsolved Mysteries" that profiled the "Blue Lady." When I saw this on GH I was suprised. oh well. It happens.

#7 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:31 AM

It's not strictly a paranormal show, but I have to say that I was very disappointed with an episode that National Geographic did about the Sasquatch phenomena.
Almost from the very beginning you could see where they were going with the show. They preferred to go with a National Enquirer angle for the episode rather than at least TRY to stay serious.
I really expected more from NG.

#8 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

Ohhhhhh man this is an easy one for me. I actually started a post here on GV about it and it was an episode called "6, the exorcism of lara" from one of the para shows on tv. I believe it was Paranormal Research Society on The Travel Channel. Ever since that episode, I no longer can watch the show (thats why i can't remember the name of the show)......but yeah, that was one of thee most dissappointing episodes ever.....and I do mean ever (lol).
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#9 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:33 AM

Paranormal State...yeah, I gave up on them after they used a beer can to cause a thermal imager "hit" and that silly shakti helmet episode where the leader was puking all over himself. The 6 episode was also particularly ridiculous, but the family was just as disgusting....that poor girl needed serious hospitalization.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#10 Bob101910

Bob101910

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:39 PM

Not sure what show it was, but I think it was on the Travel Channel or Scifi. They went to a castle and went into one of the bedrooms that belonged to a princess or queen, or something. They asked something like, "Is "name of the persons room" here?" The response they got was something like, "Of course I'm here, where are you?". Then the episode ended shortly after that and they didn't explain anything.

To me, this is evidence that we might be ghosts to them, as they are ghosts to us. This stuck out for me because I never thought of ghosts that way before and I wish they would've looked into it some more.

#11 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

bob, on that same note, I suggest you rent a movie called "The Others" with Nicole Kidman. It'll really give you something to think about. :kitty:
petunia4998

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

Yeah I agree on that statement with the movie The Others. well, even Sixth Sense.

I guess we are all on parallel planes of existence, at times the planes gets interchanged......
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users