• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 03:46 PM

I'm not sure why I'm posting this, really, more just to clarify my thoughts to myself, so perhaps it should go into a personal journal, but it is on-topic for here, so...anyway...the other day I had a spontaneous visit from one of my spirit friends, who brought another spirit along with him that I couldn't get as clear a fix on( no real visual impression or anything), but I did get a name...the problem with that is, it's a very common name and happens to belong to both someone now dead for several years who was his friend when alive, and to a friend of mine whom I've been somewhat worried about as he has completely lost contact with everyone for several months after re-entering a drug rehab program that he had dropped out of twice before...On the one hand, I've more than once before had experiences of being 'notified' in a psychic/spiritual way of the death of someone I know...on the other, part of this visit involved levitating my hand, which seemed almost like a 'lesson' in improving my spirit contact skills and, being said to be difficult for spirits to do, might be something one might bring a friend along for as an added energy boost. I guess there's not much I can do except wait/pray for additional information, but I just wanted to get this out of my head and into text, so to speak...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#2 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:04 PM

That's interesting. When you concentrate on your friend - who dropped out of sight - do you have any specific feelings? Is there any way you could contact the place where he was in rehab to see if he is still a patient? Sometimes a person new in recovery has to concentrate on themselves to the point that they drop out for awhile - getting their houses in order again so to speak. Depends on what step he's working on.

What do you get when you think of the name? For me, what will come through in a reading isn't necessarily a specific name or relationship. What I get is, say, a dad-feeling or a grandmother feeling. And it isn't necessarily their dad or grandma - could be a person that they were especially close to that reminded them of their dad, etc. Or you feel mom - and it's a friend who was like a second mother to them.

Please keep me up on this one - it really caught my imagination!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#3 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 05:02 PM

That's interesting. When you concentrate on your friend - who dropped out of sight - do you have any specific feelings? Is there any way you could contact the place where he was in rehab to see if he is still a patient? Sometimes a person new in recovery has to concentrate on themselves to the point that they drop out for awhile - getting their houses in order again so to speak. Depends on what step he's working on.

What do you get when you think of the name? For me, what will come through in a reading isn't necessarily a specific name or relationship. What I get is, say, a dad-feeling or a grandmother feeling. And it isn't necessarily their dad or grandma - could be a person that they were especially close to that reminded them of their dad, etc. Or you feel mom - and it's a friend who was like a second mother to them.

Please keep me up on this one - it really caught my imagination!

Well, he's in another state and didn't tell me the name of the place, so it would require a bit of detective work to contact them, plus I know some places like that have rules against divulging information anyway...perhaps later this evening when it's quiet I can try a bit of meditation and see if I get any useful impressions, though it's approaching the time of my monthly cycle when my psychic abilities seem rather deadened...Hopefully it's just as you suggested and he's simply isolating himself for a time as part of the recovery process...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#4 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 12:01 PM

Yosei..

Interesting experience. I'm wondering if you spoke aloud at any point to offer encouragement/receptiveness/communication.

It's been my experience that my voice seems to offer additional strength to visiting spirits. I have absolutely no research to back that up, and never heard anyone else mention it...But, for me, when I speak, I often get a turn of the head, and often a nod and then we go from there. Sometimes I feel like..Well, if we're both looking at each other or sensing each other, then I'm going to be the one to make the first move!

The levitation of your hand is interesting. If he is a dear friend, perhaps it was a motion towards holding your hand.

I believe I read that you meditate(on another post). I think that would be very successful towards opening yourself for a return visit.
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 04:17 PM

Yosei..

Interesting experience. I'm wondering if you spoke aloud at any point to offer encouragement/receptiveness/communication.

It's been my experience that my voice seems to offer additional strength to visiting spirits. I have absolutely no research to back that up, and never heard anyone else mention it...But, for me, when I speak, I often get a turn of the head, and often a nod and then we go from there. Sometimes I feel like..Well, if we're both looking at each other or sensing each other, then I'm going to be the one to make the first move!

The levitation of your hand is interesting. If he is a dear friend, perhaps it was a motion towards holding your hand.

I believe I read that you meditate(on another post). I think that would be very successful towards opening yourself for a return visit.

Hm...I could try speaking aloud sometime, maybe...it's always something that's been difficult and not really natural for me even with the living, though...As for holding my hand, it seemed to me that was what it started with...holding my hand, encouraging me to feel his in detail---hence why it felt somewhat lesson-like, though also affectionate as well, then gradually raising my hand without me moving it. ( I tend to sense spirits most strongly through touch, though I've never heard of anyone else doing that---I can distinguish the emotional feel of individual personalities after tuning in and focusing a bit, but I first notice the difference between specific spirits in things like temperature, texture or level of resistance---resistance in the sense that sometimes it's only a faint feeling like pushing opposing magnets together)

#6 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 28 September 2004 - 04:31 PM

wow, thats some really powerful stuff there Yosei. does he have some family or friend that you call talk to?have you tried talking to you spirit friend to find out what he was doing there?
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#7 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 07:29 PM

wow, thats some really powerful stuff there Yosei. does he have some family or friend that you call talk to?have you tried talking to you spirit friend to find out what he was doing there?

Well, his other friends have been wondering where he's been, too...I'm not actually acquainted with his family and since he's got an even more common last name than first name I can't easily look it up, there are three pages of them even in the Salt Lake phone book, and I know that the greater Los Angeles and Orange County area, which is what I'd be searching, must be a lot more populated. I do intend as Holly said to try some meditation and open up the possibility of a return visit to try and find out more, though the problem with spirit communication in general is that when it's an emotional issue it can be a little difficult to be sure you aren't just hearing what you want to hear...That's why there are so many skeptics in the world!

#8 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:46 PM

you have a good point there YOSEI. i hope it turns out for the best...let us know what you find out B)
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#9 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:22 PM

Yay! Just got an IM about 5 minutes ago from my (living) friend, who has just got out of rehab and enrolled in college! Lest anyone accuse my spirit friend of being lax in causing me worry, he DID try to tell me that would be the case last night, and I've actually been thinking to myself that I felt kind of weirdly calm over this, but I wasn't sure if that was 'reassurance that he's alive and well' or 'He's passed on but happy'.

#10 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:50 PM

Good news, Yosei!

So...possibly, this is a case of finely tuned synchronicity?
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#11 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:46 PM

Good news, Yosei!

So...possibly, this is a case of finely tuned synchronicity?

You mean, having him turn up just after I meet a spirit who makes me think of him and start to wonder if he's alive? Yeah, I guess you could say that.

#12 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:27 AM

This is certainly good news, Yosei. I am glad your friend has contacted you - and that this person is working on a program. I guess that spirit may be someone who is close to your friend and wanted to let you know that he was going through something difficult. It's nice to know that we have our support networks firmly in place - even when they are on the other side!!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users