Discorporation

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:25 PM

Discorporation is the separation of body and....essence, ie death. My question is this, what happens to the intangible self, whether you want to call it the soul, the essence or simply the personality of the body once the lights fade on that final act?
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#2 afterlife

afterlife

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, playing guitar, music, &amp; the most Important FAMILY!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:43 PM

Personally,... I think we (the spirit or energy) carry on with our free will after we die. I also think we stay the same person as well,.. with the same traits personality's ect. If we choose to "go to the light" or remain earth bound I think it is our decision. A conscious choice we make. After all I feel consciousness is the essence of our soul....!!

#3 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:52 AM

Very interesting, Afterlife, thank you and I agree about the essence choosing

I'd been playing around with a theory that the essence just dissipates but then, there'd be a lot more reports of paranormal activity as people walked through someone else' memories

#4 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:56 PM

I, personally, believe in reincarnation (though I'm not completely sold on the idea of transmigration of souls-I have an interesting personal story related to that that I still struggle over - though it makes for a very sweet story), and feel somewhat like afterlife, in that we do make a conscious choice to remain in one way or another. I guess 'ghosts' would be, after all, those of us who cannot or have not worked out this particular life and are trying to work out THIS LIFE (that is the one currently being let go of) before moving on to the next step in our spiritual evolution with rebirth. I have not gotten completely thought through, but that's kind of a compressed idea from my perspective.
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#5 afterlife

afterlife

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, playing guitar, music, &amp; the most Important FAMILY!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

I'd been playing around with a theory that the essence just dissipates but then, there'd be a lot more reports of paranormal activity as people walked through someone else' memories

The essence,.. I beleave is energy & I think Einstein is one of the first people who said energy can not be destroyed just transferred. It has been proven that we as living beings do have energy/electric impulses within our body's.

#6 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:52 PM

Afterlife, dissipate was a poor choice of wording on my part as we are energy. Mixes with the environment

Miriam, you've got me curious about your reincarnation story

I actually love the notion of returning to this plane as someone/something else. I think in some cases, however, its not a matter of choosing to, its mandatory

#7 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:14 PM

Oiche, well... you dragged it out of me - I just love telling the story really! When I was pregnant with my 'baby' - my last and 4th child - we were visited by a little mouse. And, I mean 'visited' . We live in the redwoods, and have all sorts of critters around, including some we don't necessarily want around, but never, even next to several cow pastures, any mice(??). Well, this cute little guy would appear whenever we were in the living room, and run across the mantle, over the top of the heater, or sit on top of the television and just sit and watch us. He had no brothers or other family that we ever found evidence of; he had NO fear of us and simply observed us while we went about our business. He left no droppings ( the most weird thing of all) - all this during the last trimester of the pregnancy. Well, along came Avram (who I'd been convinced was a girl) and poof! our little pet mouse vanished - never to be seen again. Thereafter, we began to notice behaviors in our baby that were a little out of keeping with our others - I would continually find stashed food in the closets, or he would leave his 'nibblings' around as he grazed on food, or even to this day - he's a teenager - he will just drop whatever he has -clothing, food whatever- wherever he is - like a little mouse. Even my very cerebral and logical (read - Vulcan like) husband, posits that this is our little mouse 'transmigrating' to our son. For those who know more of reincarnation, I would love to hear opinions - but there's my 'reincarnation' story - seems convincing evidence to me; yet I'm not completely sold.
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#8 afterlife

afterlife

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

I have known about reincarnation since I was a child but I never really considered the possibility,... until I read a book called "Soul Survivor". After reading this book (which I recommend ) it totally changed my thinking about reincarnation.

#9 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

Miriam, thank you for sharing this very fascinating story! I'd read accounts of pregnant women having dreams of strangers with luggage knocking on their door to introduce themselves as their child

Afterlife, the title sounds familiar, do you happen to know the author?

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:33 AM

Interesting thread, I wish I had some definite answers :wub:
Posted Image

#11 afterlife

afterlife

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

No I'm not sure,... but you can get it at Amazon for about $16

#12 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:20 AM

Me, too, Moonie, the only ones in the know can't tell us or we just can't understand

Thanks, Afterlife, will check it out

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:05 AM

I have some idea as to what I can share here on this subject, but I need to put my thoughts in a concise form before I can make sense of what I have to say. Later...... I guess.
Posted Image

#14 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:09 AM

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

#15 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:10 AM

The essence,.. I beleave is energy & I think Einstein is one of the first people who said energy can not be destroyed just transferred. It has been proven that we as living beings do have energy/electric impulses within our body's.

True. I believe it's some thing like 12v. It goes some where when the body ceases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users