Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Animals coming back in spirit to comfort you?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Country_Gal

Country_Gal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Sports, paranormal phenomenon, extraterrestrials, drawing, reading, writing, movies, video games, bodyboarding, surfing the web, snowboarding, horseback riding, animal welfare.

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:18 PM

I was checking out the website Ghost Study and I came across a page where they had let spirits communicate via e-mail/Internet/computer. They had a response from a ghost that said animals make it to the other side and that it's hard for them when their life-owners weep over the loss because the animals have to go back and comfort them.

What do you guys think of it?

AmberPosted ImagePosted Image

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

It is absolutely true. Animals have spirits just as humans do. :)
petunia4998

#3 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:39 PM

It is very true!

I have had many experiences with my own pets coming back and sticking around. We knew of one that came as another pet. They pop in from time to time.

My youngest daugter wasn't born yet when we had to have our Dalmation "Maggie" put down due to her age. My daughter is 19 now and last year she asked if we ever had a black and white dog? I asked why? She said she keeps seeing a black and white dog, like a dalmation walking around the house.
I had heard Maggie walking around many times and I know one of my favorite cats comes to see me quite often.
I should mention that my children and I are psychic mediums, we see and hear them rather well when they come around.

Hope that helps.
Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#4 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:09 PM

Oh yes, they definitely come back for visits. I've had this experience several times and like Leslie, so has my daughter. She sees them more clearly than I do. I see their shadows and hear them, whereas my daughter actually sees our dog Chloe, running up and down the hallway.

The first time I experienced this was in my freshmen year of college. I had a black cat named Max. He was like a dog, he came everywhere with me, loved the car. I couldn't bring him to college with me as pets are not allowed in dorms. So on the day I came home for Christmas break, I pulled into the driveway and just as I turned the car off, I heard Max meow. I went running in the house calling for him and he was nowhere to be found. When my mom came home from work I asked her where Max was, and she told me he had died the night before. He ate the leaves/flowers of a pointsettia plant, had convulsions and died. I never knew Pointsettia's were poisonous to cats. Nevertheless, I cried and cried for days, but felt strangely comforted because I knew he was still around and wanted to say good-bye to me.

Since then I've had lots of other cats that have died, and I see their shadows and hear them meow every once in a while. It's very nice to know they are still around; but they know I am not devasted anymore, so I think it's more that they're coming for a visit.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#5 Country_Gal

Country_Gal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Sports, paranormal phenomenon, extraterrestrials, drawing, reading, writing, movies, video games, bodyboarding, surfing the web, snowboarding, horseback riding, animal welfare.

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:57 PM

Oh yes, they definitely come back for visits. I've had this experience several times and like Leslie, so has my daughter. She sees them more clearly than I do. I see their shadows and hear them, whereas my daughter actually sees our dog Chloe, running up and down the hallway.

The first time I experienced this was in my freshmen year of college. I had a black cat named Max. He was like a dog, he came everywhere with me, loved the car. I couldn't bring him to college with me as pets are not allowed in dorms. So on the day I came home for Christmas break, I pulled into the driveway and just as I turned the car off, I heard Max meow. I went running in the house calling for him and he was nowhere to be found. When my mom came home from work I asked her where Max was, and she told me he had died the night before. He ate the leaves/flowers of a pointsettia plant, had convulsions and died. I never knew Pointsettia's were poisonous to cats. Nevertheless, I cried and cried for days, but felt strangely comforted because I knew he was still around and wanted to say good-bye to me.

Since then I've had lots of other cats that have died, and I see their shadows and hear them meow every once in a while. It's very nice to know they are still around; but they know I am not devasted anymore, so I think it's more that they're coming for a visit.

I've never been able to make contact with the pets that I've lost.. I've always wondered if they could still feel my love for them and see me even though I can't feel their presence. It would be very comforting to feel that soft nudge of my horses nose or the paw of my first dog.

You're very lucky that you got to feel your pet come say goodbye. My dog Smokey got ran over one night - I was really tired when I came home so I didn't say much to him and just went to bed. That night I knew something wasn't right. I awoke the next morning and he was no where to be found (we lived on a ranch) and I got on my horse to go find him. My dad found him about a mile away on the highway. He said Smokey looked like he was just sleeping. We found him with his collar ingrown into his skin - we took him in and he was my first dog. At any rate, I always wonder if I would have just spent a few more minutes with him if that would have changed the timing of his death - how selfish of me to think that way, but can't help it. I wish I got to say goodbye. I hope he knows I love him though. Losing a pet is always hard.

#6 Country_Gal

Country_Gal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:59 PM

It is very true!

I have had many experiences with my own pets coming back and sticking around. We knew of one that came as another pet. They pop in from time to time.

My youngest daugter wasn't born yet when we had to have our Dalmation "Maggie" put down due to her age. My daughter is 19 now and last year she asked if we ever had a black and white dog? I asked why? She said she keeps seeing a black and white dog, like a dalmation walking around the house.
I had heard Maggie walking around many times and I know one of my favorite cats comes to see me quite often.
I should mention that my children and I are psychic mediums, we see and hear them rather well when they come around.

Hope that helps.
Les

I bet that must be pretty comforting for you to know she's doing all right :whee: She's probably having a blast on the other side with a bunch of other pets.

#7 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:16 PM

Try and not feel guilty. The day my last cat died, just a few months ago, I knew she was going to die that day. I was sitting on the steps of my deck and she was snuggling up to me like never before. I looked at her and said aloud, you are not long for this world Gwennie and I love you. I told her that I hoped that the last few years with me were good. (We got her from an old friend who left her at my house and never came back for her about 6 years ago). That night I heard a huge commotion at around 2 am, it's very woodsy where I live. My dogs woke up and started barking, the other 2 cats were outside. The dogs wanted to go out but I wouldn't let them. In the morning I went to let in the cats as per the usual routine, and no Gwennie. For the next week I called and called for Gwennie. I thought I heard her "mew" a few times, I even heard a rustling in the trees, but I never found her. For two weeks after that Kip, my male, black cat, would go and sit in the back yard where Gwennie always hung out. We were all looking for her, but she never came back. But I know that I said good-bye to her that day, and she knew she was loved.

Your dog knew you loved him. They love us unconditionally even when we have a day that we may not show it 100% to them. It's ok and so is he. You made his life better than it would have been had your dad not found him. You can try meditating and thinking about him, tell him you love and miss him and that you are sorry you didn't get to say good-bye. If he doesn't come around, then be sure in the knowledge that he is happy where he is.

Love,
Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#8 Kara

Kara

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:48 PM

I completely believe in this, as I saw one of my cats several months after she died. Her death was not pleasant, and I had to watch much of it. I stayed up much of the night before holding her because I knew she would be gone the next morning. I was pregnant with my second child when she died.

A few months later right after my daughter was born, I was walking downstairs just before dawn (my newborn daughter thought play time started at 5am :whee:). The hall light was already turned off, so I was trying to make my way down the stairs in the semi-dark. I caught a glimps of a cat running up the stairs as soon as I opened the door. I thought it was one of the other cats who had similar markings, until I saw him looking in the window outside. Thinking it was our other living cat, I went into the bathroom and saw her. Ah, nope, it was the cat who had passed making her presence known!

Her sister (a few years later) came back shortly after she passed as well. She had a special trick for getting my attention when she was outside and wanted in. We have a bay window in the main room, and they stand on the deck bench and peer in when they want inside (all my cats have figured this one out for some reason, they know I'll open the door). Although this cat would reach up and run her paw down the window making a squeezing noise on the glass. Right after she died, I heard that noise and got up to let her in - until it hit me we buried her the week before.

Both those girls were born in my garage, and both died here, so that may have a lot to do with it. Although I think a lot has to do with how much we love them in life. :hug:

#9 ali88baba

ali88baba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy cooking, baking, playing The Sims 2 on PC, crochet, and of course, ghost stories!

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:06 PM

My 10 year old daughter has seen the spirits of her pet rat and her sister's two rats that had died. I haven't seen any of my pets that have passed on, but recently I think one of my dogs has been back around to visit. Kaya used to sniff metal objects all the time, particularly brass, and recently the touch lamps on my bedside tables were turned on when no one had been in the room. I know those things are touchy, I posted about this in a thread on the subject in Personal Encounters a while back, but it hadn't happened again since I had plugged them into a surge protector-until a few days ago. Everyone was accounted for in the house and no one had been in that room for hours. Then I went up there to gather laundry and both lights were on full blast. I'd like to think it was my beloved Kaya letting me know she's visiting. She was the first dog I ever had from a young pup, and she had the best personality. Everyone that had the pleasure of knowing her wanted a dog just like her. I dream about her every so often and she is just happy and running around playing. One other time I dreamed of a dog that had passed, he was my neighbor's dog. They were very neglectful of him and I tried to give him the attention they didn't, but he turned vicious and eventually had to be put down after he attacked my brother-in-law. About a week after he died I saw him in a dream. He came running up to me very happy and I think he was letting me know he was okay. I hope so, cause he was a nice dog until they ruined him. I cannot stand those people, they are so ignorant and inconsiderate towards animals and other people. Anyway I really believe that animals will come back to comfort you.

ali

#10 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

Absolutely they do !!

#11 Country_Gal

Country_Gal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:48 PM

My 10 year old daughter has seen the spirits of her pet rat and her sister's two rats that had died. I haven't seen any of my pets that have passed on, but recently I think one of my dogs has been back around to visit. Kaya used to sniff metal objects all the time, particularly brass, and recently the touch lamps on my bedside tables were turned on when no one had been in the room. I know those things are touchy, I posted about this in a thread on the subject in Personal Encounters a while back, but it hadn't happened again since I had plugged them into a surge protector-until a few days ago. Everyone was accounted for in the house and no one had been in that room for hours. Then I went up there to gather laundry and both lights were on full blast. I'd like to think it was my beloved Kaya letting me know she's visiting. She was the first dog I ever had from a young pup, and she had the best personality. Everyone that had the pleasure of knowing her wanted a dog just like her. I dream about her every so often and she is just happy and running around playing. One other time I dreamed of a dog that had passed, he was my neighbor's dog. They were very neglectful of him and I tried to give him the attention they didn't, but he turned vicious and eventually had to be put down after he attacked my brother-in-law. About a week after he died I saw him in a dream. He came running up to me very happy and I think he was letting me know he was okay. I hope so, cause he was a nice dog until they ruined him. I cannot stand those people, they are so ignorant and inconsiderate towards animals and other people. Anyway I really believe that animals will come back to comfort you.

ali

Rats are so cute and intelligent! Sorry to hear about your neighbors dog -- that's terrible. I also can't stand it when people neglect their pets like that. The dream you had about your little guy gives me a great deal of relief.. Reminds me of the Rainbow Bridge poem :)

#12 jomarie

jomarie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:I love so many things, Life, birthdays, Christmas, Reading, holistic medicines and healing, respectful people, Egyptian pyramids, cold rainy days that you can only snuggle and read, dreaming of travelling when my kids grow up and i get my life back lol.

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:02 PM

soon after our old dog died we would hear the door banging in the laundry for a few weeks he used to always let himself in there and being such a big dog when he laid down he would bump the inside door as he flopped down. a few times i would hear hiss distinctive whine that he would do if he felt we had ignored him too long lol.
When my oldest was in hospital in a bad way a while back he was talking to our dog and patting him beside his bed.
So yes i believe they stick around even if its just till they know your ok.

#13 ali88baba

ali88baba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy cooking, baking, playing The Sims 2 on PC, crochet, and of course, ghost stories!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:47 PM

Rats are so cute and intelligent! Sorry to hear about your neighbors dog -- that's terrible. I also can't stand it when people neglect their pets like that. The dream you had about your little guy gives me a great deal of relief.. Reminds me of the Rainbow Bridge poem :)

Rats are great pets. A lot of people go "ewwe" when you say pet rat, but they are very sweet and very smart.

I felt relieved after having that dream. I am an animal lover, I have two big puppies so it kills me when I see people mistreating animals. Unfortunately, they don't have the rights and respect they deserve. When my neighbor's dog attacked my dog the cops said they couldn't do anything until he attacks a human. Even then the only reason they confiscated the dog is because my neighbors could not prove he was vaccinated for rabies. It's sickening. Well I've ranted enough now, lol!

ali

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users