Psychics

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#46 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:26 AM

There is a newish theory that those who are sensitive
to paranormal experiences fall into the Marion Briggs NF
category.

For anyone who has taken this test you know who you are.

http://www.personali...060105020742973
My Webpage

You've lost me spooks. What are you saying? I dont get what your getting at. Whats a personality test got to do with my psychic ability?

#47 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 05 January 2006 - 12:28 PM

There is a newish theory that those who are sensitive
to paranormal experiences fall into the Marion Briggs NF
category.

For anyone who has taken this test you know who you are.

http://www.personali...060105020742973
My Webpage

You've lost me spooks. What are you saying? I dont get what your getting at. Whats a personality test got to do with my psychic ability?

Hi Simmy, it has been noted that those who were being tested for
their psychic abilities in one study had also been tested with the
Meyers Briggs Type Indicator, it was found that they were 96% in the
NF category or Intuitive/Feeling.
I also fall into this category as do the freinds that I have tested who
have had psychic experiences. My friends who have never experienced
anything psychic and the ones who don't believe anyone in the world is
psychic don't fall into those indicators.
Spooks

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#48 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:11 PM

Ok spooks. I think I know what your talking about. I opened the link though and it gave me a blank page. I did the personality test. It has stuff about my personality. I dont see how this proves or disproves i have psychic abilities though. I know i have them, but some online test on my personality may not i dont feel.

#49 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:01 PM

Ok spooks. I think I know what your talking about. I opened the link though and it gave me a blank page. I did the personality test. It has stuff about my personality. I dont see how this proves or disproves i have psychic abilities though. I know i have them, but some online test on my personality may not i dont feel.

It was just an observation made by some who've
studied people that have the "gift".
It is merely another layer to add to the mystery of
why some can and others can't.
It is perhaps indicative of the wiring needed for psychic
abilities to come through.

Spooks

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#50 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:23 AM

I took the test. The results were fairly accurate, but so were the results of a horoscope cast for me by the Edgar Cayce society, whatever it's called.

I don't know what to think about some of this. In any test, it's possible to measure something unintended, or to miss the intended target altogether.

I was watching "Law and Order " with my wife on the television. The show is socially liberal, and tries to draw a lot of it's plots from what's controversial in the daily newspaper. This time is was about a new study which tested children exposed to "gun violence". The proponents of the study claimed that exposure to gun violence was a disease, causing the "victim" to become more violent in return.

Think about this for a minute. Do most combat vets come home and engage upon a bloodbath of terror? Well, no. So, what was the test "looking" at? Perhaps people who had a family member killed in front of their eyes become more likely to seek revenge. Perhaps people who are most apt to witness that sort of extreme violence are just more likely to belong to a culture and class likely to commit such a crime.

The point is, perhaps most psychics are "sensitive", but not all sensitive people are psychics. My wife insisted I read a book about sensitive people. That book claimed that sensitive people were most likely to become mentally ill. Is that a parallel anyone would like to draw with psychics?
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#51 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:26 PM

Mark, you brought it up and I can't resist, What is mentally Ill? Just because you are outside what our society considers normal, are you Insane or Mentally Ill?

If you look at the history of the American Indian, we had people who could see visions and predict things, we encouraged them and planned our hunt by their words. We embraced these people; today society would through them in Bellevue and throw away the key.

2000 years ago people were being nailed to the cross because they believed something that went against the grain.

Edited by evad_83647, 06 January 2006 - 02:29 PM.

Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#52 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 08:29 PM

Gee. Glad i wasnt alive back then! Dont think I'd like that!!

Mark, is it sensitive as in emotionally sensitive people or sensitives spiritually? Emotionally sensitive people could possibly got a bit nutty due to depression perhaps. Depression can hit at the worst of times and it comes so easily to just about anyone! You start mixing depression with drugs or alcohol. Then your heading for disaster. OR mental illness I guess.

I believe theres a very good chance i have a gift or two. I'm not clinically insane lol Well. Nobody has locked me up YET!

#53 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:53 AM

People think I'm pretty strange, lol
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#54 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:43 AM

Okay, personal revelation time. My mother was bi-polar, (manic depressive), amd verged upon being a borderline personality. My oldest sister was one credit away from her MBA when she ran away to try to break into commercial crab fishing, ( a million dollar operation), with no money and God knows what motivation. She now lives in a dirt-floored shack on the local indian reservation, bathes once a month, and spends all of her time in on-line gaming. This from a woman who was not unattractive, and had an IQ of over 150.

My wife has bi-polar disorder as well, and had a breakdown in 1999 which she has never fully recovered from. My brother, (first cousin), suffers from depression, as do I. Through heroic measures I managed to provide a more or less normal childhood for my children, and I have hopes that they will achieve happy and mostly well adjusted lives.

I mention this to emphasize my first-hand experience, and my lack of negative, through-away attitudes. From study and experience, I can tell you how very common it is for talent and high intelligence to go along with some form of mental illness.

By the same token, most children would be considered mentally ill if they persisted in their belief in imaginary friends, or the ability of a Barbie to talk. Children are also more apt to see ghosts and so on than adults. I attribute this to their ability to see deeper into the infrared than adults, along with other developmental diferences in the human brain.

This line of thinking leads to the notion that psychic ability on a high level, is counter-survival to the individual, but advantageous to the group. Also, that it seems to be genetic in origin. Example; homosexuality is obviously a sexual abberration, perhaps even a mental illness, but being so counter survival on an individual basis, it would seem likely to have died out very quickly. Why not? The answer is that a group of hunters who contributed to a community's assets, (food), without incurring deficits, (children), would promote community survival. In the same way high psychic ability may coincide with high emotional instability, but provide the whole group with advance warning of disaster.

Two final thoughts. One: Mental illness is no euphemism. Some people are well and truly screwed up Two: mental illness seems to go along with high creativity, and sensitivity.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#55 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:55 PM

There is a definate correlation between many mental illnesses
especially bi-polar, schizophrenia and m.p.d. with high intelligence
and sensitivity.
My mother had Multiple personality dissorder and an IQ of 169.
She was also one of the most sensitive Intuitive/Feeler's I have
ever known.
I have tested with many of the people I've known with the full
Myers Briggs test for nearly 20 years. Though I have never found
a skeptic who fell into the Intuitive/feeling type I found all the psychics
fell into that type.
Of course I'm not saying that all N/F's are "psychic" per say, but I do
wonder if they wouldn't be more apt to learn to develope psychic abilities
than the other types.

#56 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:48 AM

A person who loses sight seems to have better hearing and feel. I could never decipher one of those braille tablets. A person who loses hearing has their other senses enhanced. I'm kind of wondering if a person who has part of their brain defective or as I understand from Bi-polar definitions, short circuited, maybe the other areas of the brain become more functional to make up for it.

I tend to think everyone is bi-polar to an extent, women more than men. Sorry Spooks.

#57 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:14 AM

Most of the geniuses that are stable individuals seem to be gifted with left-brain type wonders. The connections of their neural pathways seem to move more swiftly. Those who are less emotionally stable are the creative bunch. I am proud to have held down a job, run a business etc. My IQ is around 170, (165 on the Stanford Binet, and 181 on the untimed Mensa exam), by father suffered from depression, as does my younger sister. My mother and older sister are, or were Bi-polar, (Dieing cures you). I am ambidextrous, and had a couple of shows at the University of my paintings. Some of you might actually own one. ( I gave most away to old girlfriends.) Sometimes I become very confused, about what is real, and I depend very heavily on my wife for reassurance. Sometimes I write in mirror-image with my left hand. When I realize what I'm doing, I fugue out for a minute or so. It's as if someone other than me was in charge. I don't really think that I'm all that smart, it's more as if my brain just works differently. I still can't add without making mistakes, and am unsure of the times tables past 5. I see patterns and shapes forming in my head. I become distracted by the urge to re-engineer everything that I touch. Ever since my back injury I contemplate suicide every couple of months. I'm the stable one in my family.

Being wired differently makes you different. Heck, when I was a kid I saw, actually saw things like disembodied eyes. Real? I'm not sure. Oh, and by the way, with my meds, my IQ is probably about 30, and those tests you all referred me to named me a Captain of business, an Idealist, and an Intuitive.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#58 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:04 AM

I'm not on meds and my IQ is 29. lol Actually I've never had an IQ test, it can't be very high because I can relate to you guys, J/K

I don't have any trouble spelling, adding or multiplying. Any spelling errors here are the keyboards fault not mine. Actually I type pretty slow and while my mind may be slow it is faster than my fingers and I tend to leave out a lot of letters. Or type letters for the next word I'm thinking of. Either way sometimes my typing is difficult to read. Thank god for Word and Spellcheck.

I believe I am sensitive to the images floating around us. I have never seen a ghost, I can swear that I've felt some at one point or another. But with things, You probably won't hear very many ghost stories from me, though I have some. I don't have a good grasp on what ghosts are and for some reason I fear them.

My dreams or premonitions are different, I don't feel like they are abnormal, I've had them all my life. I don't understand them either but I accept them.

I posted in premonitions a couple of weeks ago that I dreamed I broke the middle finger of my right hand. It was the same kind of dream which seems to predict an upcoming event. I knew it wasn't going to happen to me, but was going to happen to someone I knew and from previous experience I predicted within two weeks. This could be coincidence but one of my coworkers on another shift (he was previuosly my room mate) broke the pinky finger on his right hand. I told a couple of people this time so I would have witnesses which I have never done in the past. I also posted it on here before he broke his finger. Still could be coincidence but I plan on posting any dreams like that I have and then waiting and see what happens and let you guys know.

My circle of friends and aquaintences is rather small so I don't have these dreams often. I bet my friends are glad of that, or would be if they knew. lol

#59 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:29 PM

I see we are all out of our flippin' tree's here.
Good, I like "crazy"people better than the
"salt of the earth type".
I've been seeing, hearing, and smelling unexplained
(by those who won't except my explaination)
thingy's that go bump in the night,(or day for that matter)
my entire life.
I learned by six to keep mum about it to most folk.
I stopped giving a rats butt who knew how odd I may be
when I turned 21.
Dave you may be right about bi-polars being predominantly
women, however most of the b.p.'s I've known have been
men, three of which have commited suicide.
I know that the meds tend to make them feel quite dim indeed.

#60 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:12 PM

I suspect that there are a lot of folks around with wild and eccentric mental traits and abilities. I read my post and it sounds like a brag, but the point was to illustrate how many strange ways a persons mind can stray.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users