Psychics

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#61 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:58 PM

Fortunately in my household growing up I was considered almost normal because my mom took the brunt of the "She's Seing things again!" comments.

I learned early not to share my speculative skills with others outside the family.

Because of GV I've actually had a couple real life conversations about, oh my god, "Ghosts" and paranormal, the last few weeks. It seems that we may not be as crazy as we thought. People whom I've considered pretty rational are just as screwed up about their thinking as we are. lol

The people I've talked to have even taken the time to come up with a rationale for their beliefs. Sounding familiar?

Somehow we challenged each other to come up with an essay on why we believe our way is the right way. I have until friday to finish mine. "The Big Small Theory by Dyslexic Dave." What have I got myself into? So much for my ability to predict the future. lol
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#62 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:14 AM

You go Dave!
I aplaud your efforts my friend.
It's great to be able to share these
kinds of ideas w/other people freely.... :P

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#63 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 11 January 2006 - 05:57 AM

I have read back over the last couple of pages, and I realize that I have caused more turmoil than anything else. This makes me morally culpable to try and fix the confusion I caused.

First. Intellegence above a certain level should almost certainly be considered a form of mental illness. It comes with a price, and that price is often emotional instability. Certain aspects are inevitable of course. My brother, (actually my second cousin, it's a long story) and I on our last visit discussed the design of a gyroscopically stabilized motor driven unicycle, and the possibility of the sun's core being solid. When your mind is focused on that sort of thing listening to a littany of Shaun Alexander, and the Seahawks chances in the Super Bowl can drive you crazy (er). So far this is just simple isolation and the frustration and loneliness that it causes. But there's more. My brother and I both have trouble identifying our emotions. I tend to see myself in the third person, except in the case of an emergency or when I'm drunk.

There's a difference between having an emotional illness and being crazy or evil. Emotionally ill persons have a sense of self, but are pushed and pulled by interior forces that they cannot control. The really crazy people I've known ; the evil ones as well, seem to have lost their sense of self, their soul perhaps. What is going on in them surpasses anyone else's ability to grasp. As Jesus said, "When no one's home, something else moves in."

My research has led me to conclude that we are triploid beings by nature. That means that we have three parts; a physical body, an energetic but non material body, and a soul that commands the rest, but exists upon another plane of existence, some sort of spirit plane.

The physical brain is capable of many diverse tasks depending upon it's structure and how efficient it's connections are. For example, physical coordination is considered a form of intellegence by some Physical Psychologists. Consider: many apparitions are mere blobs on the camera, it's the ability of the brain that makes sense out of the direct stimulus of the energy applied to it. In like manner electrodes applied to the brain can summon up odors, auditory phenomena and ocular memory.

Most cultures choose to view individuals who can see or hear supernatural beings, or accurately predict the future, with either awe, anger, fear, or contempt. Imagine the pressures upon such a person! Now imagine, that the price that they paid for the "gift" was a confusion about what they were feeling or what was "real". Nothing comes without a price.

Edited by Markway, 11 January 2006 - 05:59 AM.

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#64 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 11 January 2006 - 04:21 PM

The more I investigate into things, the more I see an energy force which makes us and the entire universe operate. You can apply whatever name you want to the force.

I picture residual energy that will let the tuned people tune into it. This could explain a lot of things from ghosts, esp, premonitions, dreams, alternate realities, parallel universes, and even good evil. There is positive energy and negative energy which have to balance each other out for their even to be a universe that could have beings like us to discuss this stuff.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#65 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

[quote name='Markway'

Most cultures choose to view individuals who can see or hear supernatural beings, or accurately predict the future, with either awe, anger, fear, or contempt. Imagine the pressures upon such a person! Now imagine, that the price that they paid for the "gift" was a confusion about what they were feeling or what was "real". Nothing comes without a price.
[/quote]

Precisely why I spend a lot of time alone or on this board.

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#66 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:48 AM

i have always had a strong intuition and 9 out of 10 times my gut feeling is always right, when i was younger i used to see things in my bedroom at nightime.

i went to a medium/tarot reader 8 years ago and although some things she said came true the one that bothers me is she said that i would have twins when i was 29, i will be 30 next month and i am most definetly NOT pregnant!!!

now this really upsets me as i seem to be having trouble getting pregnant - me and my partner have been trying for over two years.

i know that she is still about and still does readings, i would love to go back to her and ask her why she told me something like that would happen when it hasnt happened and dosent look likely to happen.

if she was to offer me an another reading i would say no, because i wouldn't believe anything she says.
Posted Image

#67 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:10 AM

Hi Ratgirl. If she managed to tune into you enough to get a few things right, then is it possible she got the age wrong? Is it possible that she might have made a mistake. I see why your angry with her, the thing is, when you go to a psychic or anyone like this, you have to take the info your given lightly. Unless of course they might predict the onset of some nasty disease, then sure, be precautionary and have it checked out. But mostly you just have to take it as it comes. I hope you know what i mean.

I have been doing readings for some time now and I can understand how she might get dates wrong, times. etc etc. This happens. Its not easy translating visions like flash cards (in my case) to the sitter and have them understand it straight away.

This is another reason I am glad I'm not at that level where I can answer a direct question. I give whatever info comes to me, i dont answer questions about future events etc. I'm just not ready for that and like what has happened to you. I would prefer that didnt happen to somone i read to. I would rather tell them that i was sure. Did she even say to you that she might be right or she was dead certain she was?

Its interesting you said you have been trying. I started to think, if you are that keen to have kids, perhaps you'll try IVF or somthing like this. And in those cases. Somtimes the woman can have twins or more. Is there twins in your family? Perhaps her prediction was right? Just the dates were out. (NO I am not predicting this, I'm just running random thoughts past you)

I hope you get what you desire :clap:

#68 rat girl

rat girl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:59 AM

hi simmy,

i forgot all about this post - well she read my tarot cards and tea leaves and read my palm, i thought myself that she got the age wrong, i just dont know, she was very certain that i would have twins and the funny thing is that my dad was supposed to be a twin and my dad was born in 1929 and was born in the house - his "twin" was ment to have been stillborn but we never found out the true story.

we have been having some problems lately and i have been thinking that maybe the time is not right yet, things are getting better so who knows?.

its hard not to think about it but i seen another medium and she also said that she seen me having a baby - not TWINS, but then again this one got nothin right !!! LOL :lol:

anyway im just going to go with the flow and see what happens.

anyone else had good or bad experinces with fortune tellers/mediums??
Posted Image

#69 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:36 AM

I have had several psychics tell me over the years that I would not have children starting from when I was a teenager. They were right unfortunately...

#70 rat girl

rat girl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:56 PM

oh dear spooks, im sorry about that - i know how you feel, i look after disabled kids at work and it really makes me feel very broody, but im now 30 years old and still not pregnant after 2 years of trying.

big hugs to you spooks :Popcorn: :Spaz:
Posted Image

#71 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:32 PM

when ever i see a psyic i never never give any info if they are right i say yes but if they start probing i quit
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#72 Opal

Opal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 01:43 PM

I agree with this post!

As a developing person myself who is on my own personal spiritual quest, I have come across many sites and people who claim to be psychic and offers readings to people knowing full well they are not....I personally do not charge as a developing psychic medium for reading. I only request a testimonial on my blog for my readings, pretty fair isn't it?

I have been educating myself through courses, studying reiki, and psychic development for the past 2 1/2 years. I have also learned as a medium to work with spirits. In the near future I will have earned the right to request money for these services but one needs to not only be real but prepared to offer such a service.

So to answer your question are psychics real well yes and no. There are some out there including myself who are very real but there are others who take advantage of many hopefulls looking for guidance and answers. It's those people that make my job difficult when trying to establish credability.
Blessings...

*I'm now going to be offering people who are looking to develop themselves courses to enable them to do so. This is not only a good service but one that will legitamize the real from the fakes!

http://www.seekersdoor.com/
http://ca.360.yahoo....TelXjDkRfHUTuJ3

I wanted to open a new thread about Psychics .

What do you think about their abilities ?

Believers , tell us your experiences and how you know psychics are indeed real.

Skeptics , tell us why they are fakes.

Anyone have any direct proof either way? Anyone ever have an experience with a psychic where they were right on target? Dead wrong?

Here is your chance to state your case.

Enjoy the discussion ,

Rockhauler2k1

www.seekersdoor.com

#73 whispering leaves

whispering leaves

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:43 AM

it all depends on who you see. a bad medium will misuse their powers

#74 whiskeysuicide

whiskeysuicide

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:. joe strummer <3 . the clash . the mescarleros . this rockin' world . reggae . elvis . kitty-cats . riots . supernatural . vampires. faeries . aliens . jurassic park . ghosts . graveyards . ramen noodles . my love. yer face . ATHF . DBZ . chalupas . animals . halloween . ookie spookie things . saving the world .

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:11 PM

I believe in psychics but I think alot of people make alot of money from say that they are psychic when they are not. A certain woman that is a regular guest on a day time talk show, I haven't seen anything psychic from her what so ever.

haha sylvia browne?
i think she's real fake.
i don't know why.
but i think she's a fake.

Superior Galactic Grandma, after eatinga block of cheese, smoking three packsof cigarettes, and drinking a quart of milk... disgusting, that's the word ...R.I.P. Adam Sanders & Steve Harmonilove&missyouboth

#75 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:27 PM

I believe in psychics but I think alot of people make alot of money from say that they are psychic when they are not. A certain woman that is a regular guest on a day time talk show, I haven't seen anything psychic from her what so ever.

haha sylvia browne?
i think she's real fake.
i don't know why.
but i think she's a fake.

It's like I 've said before,how come we hate psychics that make a living out of being a psychic?
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users