• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:43 PM

Actually, it's the size of the hole.  Just a bullet hole, through the fuselage or an window isn't going to cause a EXPLOSIVE decompression.  Explosive decompression is a pilot's nightmare.  1-time of usefull consciouness; the higher you go the less oxygen the less time you have awake.  At 35,000 feet your looking at about 15 SECONDS. At 41,000 your down to about 10 seconds and at 51,000 you'll be conscious about 5 seconds. 2-the cold.  It usually around -54 degrees Celsius at 35,000- a normal cruise altitude.  So exposed to those altitudes you're basically freeze-dried.  The larger the hole in the fuselage the bigger the rush of air (explosive) out of the cabin, the faster all of the above will come into play.  Okay, enough prattle from me.    ::)
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#17 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 04:36 PM

Hawker, back to the insane asylum for you!

We really know that you can't fly [smiley=cwm12.gif] [smiley=cwm12.gif]
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#18 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 06:10 PM

Hey!  After the horrible Simulator session I had tonight I pretty sure I don't know how to fly.  It was as if I didn't know a jet from a car.   :-[
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#19 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 23 January 2004 - 06:26 PM

Hmmmmmm freeze dried.  I had some specimens I was going to take to a taxidermist, but now,,,,,,,  Hawkers, what's the chance of loading them on the plane and punching a few small holes at 35000 feet?  ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users