Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo
- - - - -

Please Recommend Good PC Voice Recorder?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 reapr

reapr

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Wisdom, Knowledge and Truth.

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:50 PM

Can anyone recommend a good PC digital voice recorder. I am very partial to Olympus. Is there other recorders someone can recommend?
People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe. Andy Rooney

#2 jmander

jmander

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 12:26 AM

Can anyone recommend a good PC digital voice recorder. I am very partial to Olympus. Is there other recorders someone can recommend?

I recently purchased an Olympus VN-3100..it has excellent sound quality and is very easy to use. If you get the VN-3100PC or the VN-4100 PC, they come with a USB link so you can hook them up to your computer. I didn't realize that crucial difference when I bought mine, as you may have seen in the thread I started in this forum below! Anyway, based on the performance of my digital recorder I'd definitely recommend those Olympus models.
Posted Image

#3 reapr

reapr

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Wisdom, Knowledge and Truth.

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:39 AM

I recently purchased an Olympus VN-3100..it has excellent sound quality and is very easy to use. If you get the VN-3100PC or the VN-4100 PC, they come with a USB link so you can hook them up to your computer. I didn't realize that crucial difference when I bought mine, as you may have seen in the thread I started in this forum below! Anyway, based on the performance of my digital recorder I'd definitely recommend those Olympus models.

I really enjoy the quality of Olympus cameras but I am concerned about battery power on the recorders do the batteries hold up as advertised?
People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe. Andy Rooney

#4 jmander

jmander

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:06 PM

I really enjoy the quality of Olympus cameras but I am concerned about battery power on the recorders do the batteries hold up as advertised?

To be honest, I can't really give you an informed answer about battery life because I haven't had my recorder for very long (literally just got it last week, and have only had time to test the settings and play around with it at home). Having said that, I'm guessing the battery life will be just fine...the display is a very basic LCD (like a big calculator screen), which wouldn't drain much power at all.
Posted Image

#5 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:40 PM

I swithched over to using Olympus about 2 years ago.... I currently have a DS 2, but they were discontinued about 6 months ago.... I have no problems at all with it... it is a fine recorder and has one of the best mics I've ever used.... it's speakers for playback aren't that great(obvious reasons!), but when you get the track on the computer, it shows itself well..... here is a link to the Olympus web site for perusing their offerings:

http://www.olympusam...cerecorders.asp

....I'm about to purchase a newer model, myself, to add to my collection....

The DS 2 uses two AAA batteries and I get a lot of running time from them.... I use my recorder at least 5 hours a week, if not more, and change the batteries once every 2-3 months.....

Have fun picking one out....
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#6 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:41 PM

I have been using my VN-4100pc for about two months now and my batt life still displays as full. I use it for work and home as well. I highly suggest them. When I bought mine, Staples online had them for $30.00, regularly $60 in stores. That was sometime in mid July.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#7 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:40 PM

I just got an Olympus DS2 as a gift. (ebay) I only got it today but it seems very easy to use and the test recording I did seemed really really good.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#8 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:31 PM

I just got an Olympus DS2 as a gift. (ebay) I only got it today but it seems very easy to use and the test recording I did seemed really really good.

.... my new laptop has Windos Vista and the DS 2 software is not compatable with with Vista.... I found upgrades for Vista users at the Olympus site I posted a few notes back... I have not downloaded it yet, but will later this week....
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#9 jason82

jason82

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Music, Guitar, Reading, ghost, some movies and tv

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:24 PM

.... my new laptop has Windos Vista and the DS 2 software is not compatable with with Vista.... I found upgrades for Vista users at the Olympus site I posted a few notes back... I have not downloaded it yet, but will later this week....

I use a sony ICD-P520 works awesome. I actually saw TAPS using this voice recorder last week on the new episode (or at least looked exactly the same). was $60 at bestbuy I think got it on sale for $50 something. Has a USB port, mic input headphone input, real strong external mic, good quality
Trust me Don't Cross the Streams!!

#10 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:45 PM

I use a sony ICD-P520 works awesome. I actually saw TAPS using this voice recorder last week on the new episode (or at least looked exactly the same). was $60 at bestbuy I think got it on sale for $50 something. Has a USB port, mic input headphone input, real strong external mic, good quality

Good to know.... I love Sony products and my new laptop is a VAIO.... but, I didn't care for the older DVR line, esp. the mic quality.... will have to check out the newest models........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users