Doing EVP's

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GhostHunterJordan

GhostHunterJordan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hey all. I am going to start recording on my DVR soon and was wondering how exactly is the best way to obtain EVP's? Do you just ask respectful questions and then later on during playback you might have picked up something on your recorder?

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

Regarding technique I generally start by simply recording background without any talking or anything. After about 5 minutes I ask basic questions then wait about 5 minutes for replies. After that I repeat the sequence a couple times then announce I am going to discontinue recording. But always wait another couple minutes before actually doing so.

As for types of questions or comments that depends on the history of the location. I try to relate to the background of the area and keep things friendly. A question often comes up about provoking. I will do that but only sparingly. Again it depends on what you believe you are dealing with. Knowing what you expect and reacting appropriately to the area is vital.

Regarding recording equipment, always record in stereo, never carry a recorder while recording, and use quality equipment! A DVR may or may not be suitable depending on the settings, sample rate, and conversion codec used. I generally use either analog tape or a good digital recorder, not a voice recorder.

#3 TiaLeigha

TiaLeigha

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

I plan on attempting an EVP later this week using a dell laptop (It's all I have and worth a shot). Let me know how yours works out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users