Negative spell casting Do or Dont?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

Im wondering how many people would consider doing a negative spell on someone who plain causes you, and your family nothing but grief. someone that reiks negativty, and takes pokes and literly is trying to destory your life?I know the witches creed Harm none. But what about the christian creed..Do onto others as they do to you? Im not talking anything serious like to hurt them, maybe just give them a taste of their own meds. What happens when all spells you cast to try and get peace fails? What is next?
Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#2 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:27 PM

Great topic, Heavenlee!

Personally, I would never, ever put any kind of spell on someone – irregardless of what they did to me or those close to me. It is my opinion that if someone is bothering me, that the best thing to do is to tell that person exactly how I feel and go about making the situation right in that manner. If that person continues doing something to hurt me, then I will no longer have anything to do with that person. Hence, problem solved. If they did something illegal to me (whether it be harassment, assault, etc.), then I would deal with that by calling the police and letting the police handle it.

As far as a spell to give someone a “taste of their own medicine,” well, it seems that would be rather shaky ground. First of all, that’s not a spell for peace, that’s a spell to “get back” at someone. Sure, you’re not necessarily wishing someone else harm, but you are wishing for something negative to happen to another – it’s just mis-guided, in my eyes. If someone does something bad towards you and then you put a spell on them to "give them a taste of their own medicine," it would seem to me that you would only be sinking to their level and not accomplishing anything more than that (too, it might be even worse on your part because you know how it feels and you know it's wrong, and yet you do the same back to them). I’ve known people I sometimes wish would learn what it feels like to be treated poorly. But, I try to stop myself from thinking that way and say to myself: “They’re being nasty for a reason. They must be having a rough time or they just aren’t a very nice person. And, being a “not very nice person” must be pretty rough on them, when all is said and done.” So, I usually say a little prayer for them to find whatever peace they need to find so that they will become a better person that way – that they will understand through something positive rather than something negative. People respond much better to positive stimuli than they do to negative stimuli. It’s easy to respond in a negative manner to negative stimuli, particularly when people are throwing the negative stimuli at us. But, that really doesn't solve anything, in the end.

To be honest, I really don’t know too much about spells. I guess, I just don’t put any stock in them. But, that’s just me. And, it does have a lot to do with my own religious beliefs, too. A witch, for example, might cast a spell to help protect him/her and their family whereas a Christian might say a prayer for that protection. Every religion has their own ways and all those ways are perfectly acceptable, in my eyes, as long as no one gets hurt (and, the intent to hurt, in any manner, is not there). I honestly don’t see much difference in these two examples I've given as it’s merely the way that people chose to practice their own beliefs.

As you mentioned, each religion seems to have their own version of the "Golden Rule." It’s just worded in different ways depending on the different religions – but, the basic principle IS there. And, that’s what counts, in my eyes. We shouldn’t do anything that could harm (in any way, shape or form) another person. We should stop and think how we would feel if someone did the same to us and we should take into consideration our own feelings of morality and how doing something that we question morally will effect us: both in our eyes, our loved ones eyes and the eyes of whatever god or goddess, etc. that we believe.

As for people who go against their morality, their religion, etc. I guess, “what goes around comes around.” At least, that’s how I feel about that. The big question here seems to be morality, so a lot rests on each individual’s morality. But, I think there is a general “human” morality, despite religion, that all of us should try to adhere to.

As far as what happens when spells for peace fail (as long as the spell is for peace and not any form of harm), I really don’t know as I have never tried a spell. But, from my own views on religion, I would say that if I prayed for peace and peace didn’t happen, I would have to think: “What is God trying to tell me?” Usually, I come to the conclusion that God is trying to tell me that I need to work harder on my own to gain what I need and not place it all in His hands. So, then, I look at my options and pick the one that I think is the best and the right one and I try to do it. I’m not sure how that would be for a witch or for a person of another religion, but that would be how I would view it. I believe that, even though we practice different religions, we are all human and we should try to practice that basic human morality.

Just my thoughts. :clap:

Viv

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 04 January 2007 - 09:28 PM.

#3 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:22 PM

Very good reply Viv, thanks!

#4 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:12 AM

I might be mistaken, but isn't it "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? Which means if you want them to do something bad, then do something bad to them.

I understand what you are saying, but from reading your statement, if this involves you, then you seem like a very caring person. Let's face it, if you weren't caring, the other person wouldn't be getting to you. As hard as it is, you don't want to lower yourself to their level. If you are going to spend your energy, spend it giving happiness and strength to those around you, and in return, you will receive the same from them. Try to block this person out of your life as much as possible, try to ignore them, don't give them the satisfaction of seeing how they affect you, and they will eventually tire of you and move on.

I know that is easier said than done, however, in the end, it's worth it. Surround yourself by those who love you, and who you love.

Back to the saying "Do unto others..." Give love if you want to receive love. Give happiness if you want to receive happiness. And only focus on those who want it, and accept it.

Don't waste your spells on them, good or bad. Use your good spells for the good people.
Posted Image

#5 myss911

myss911

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigation, spellwork, research, crafts, writing, travel, collecting...

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:57 AM

I agree with Justa... The phrase is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" so in other words if you desire to be treated with respect, treat with respect, if you desire to be shown love, show love etc... As far as doing a negative spell on someone, yes it has been done on many occasions, but not by me. I would never suggest that you but a negative spell on anyone it indeed falls back to the old adage of "Do unto others". If you send out a neg. spell then be prepared to receive even more grief back ie: Karmic Law or Law of Three, whick is the belief in which I subscribe to and try to live according to.

Here is The Wiccan Rede

The Wiccan Rede

Bide ye Wiccan laws ye must,

in perfect love and perfect trust.

Live and let live, fairly take and fairly give.

Form the circle thrice about, to keep all evil spirits out.

To bind ye spell every time, let ye spell be spake in rhyme.

Soft of eye, light of touch, speak ye little, listen much.

Deosil go by the waxing moon, singing out ye Witches’ Rune.

Widdershins go by the waning moon, chanting out ye Baneful Rune.

When the Lady’s moon is new, kiss your hand to her times two.

When the moon rides at her peak, then ye heart’s desire seek.

Heed the North wind’s mighty gale, lock the door and trim the sail.

When the wind comes from the South, love will kiss thee on the mouth.

When the wind blows from the West, departed souls may have no rest.

When the wind blows from the East, except the new and set the feast.

Nine woods in ye cauldron go, burn them fast and burn them slow.

Elder be ye Lady’s tree, burn it not or cursed ye’ll be.

When the wheel begins to turn, soon ye Beltaine fire’ll burn.

When the wheel hath turned to Yule, light the log the Horned One rules.

Heed ye flower, bush and tree, by the Lady blessed be.

Where the rippling waters flow, cast a stone and truth ye’ll know.

When ye have and hold a need, harken not to others greed.

With a fool no season spend, nor be counted as his friend.

Merry meet and merry part, bright the cheeks and warm the heart.

Mind ye threefold law ye should, three times bad and three times good.

When misfortune is anow, wear the blue star upon thy brow.

True in love ye must ever be, lest thy love be false to thee.

In these eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill,

‘An ye harm none, do what ye will.

Even if someone is Pagan, Wiccan, Druid, Dianic, Gardenarian, etc... it is a good bais to go by..
BB
May love, light and laughter surround you...

#6 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy music and practice the dicipline of &quot;Happy.&quot; It takes constant effort and attention to create and maintain a peaceful happy life. <br /><br />I've been told that I live in a &quot;pink bubble world&quot;. Ha! It's taken a life of experiencing the dark side to create this sweet abundant life. It has all of the colors, not just pink. What it doesn't have are people who are disturbing and sick minded. There is no room in my life for hurtful abusive friends or family. <br /><br />After 40 years as a professional musician, entertainer and producer, I now teach. I love it. No more travel or long late nights with strangers who pretend to be friends. <br /><br />My home is the creative result of my happy state of mind. There are beautiful flowers and huge gold fish. The squirrels come every day to gather the nuts I provide. Two feeders keep dozens of hummingbirds busy.<br /><br />Four days each week, people come to learn what a life time of hard living has taught me. They come to learn how to play. We play music.

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:53 AM

Im wondering how many people would consider doing a negative spell on someone who plain causes you, and your family nothing but grief. someone that reiks negativty, and takes pokes and literly is trying to destory your life?I know the witches creed Harm none. But what about the christian creed..Do onto others as they do to you? Im not talking anything serious like to hurt them, maybe just give them a taste of their own meds. What happens when all spells you cast to try and get peace fails? What is next?

Tee Hee. Yes. It's not a spell though. It's a shield. Did you ever watch Star Trek? "Shields up!"

Put up mirrors. Imagine your self surrounded on all sides by mirrors and say, "I am surrounded by mirrors that every thing sent to me by (insert name) will be reflected back to them." Now it's up to the sender. If they send hateful thoughts nasty things will manifest for them. If they send love, they will experience the outcome of loving thoughts and intentions. Meanwhile, you are protected and may feel an immediate sense of peace.

Everyone EVERYONE that I've used this on has experienced wierd physical disabilities. (It is not my intention that they suffer - only that they leave me alone) One woman, an abusive thug, developed a toothache. My husband's daughter, developed a mysterious pain in her ankle. The physical ailment takes their mind off of you, distracting them into fearing for their own health. I like this not only because it is effective, but it is all about their personal responsability. They must change their thoughts in order for them to heal.

Meanwhile, be amused and picture you and your loved ones in a state of health and well-being. Stop picturing yourself in war with these people. Your thoughts are powerful and you are creating your life.
SingerJoy is a way a traveling for the singer of songs."

#7 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:45 PM

I just wouldn't risk it, to do a negative spell.

Here is something I do on a small scale to help me not get road rage....let me tell ya, it doens't always work though! But awhile back I realized I was real negative in thinking. For example, if I had to wait in line or someone cut me off I would think mean thoughts...even if it was "hurry up cashier!" or "that *bleep* cut me off." I didn't wish ill-will on them...but anyway, I got tired of negative thinking and tried to change it. So when someone cuts me off I'll mentally wish for them to find it in themselves to slow down or be more cautious. Or I will say something like "I forgive her for being rude...maybe she is having a bad day."

It might not effect them at all...but it effects me and gives me a more positive attitude rather than think negative.

For more serious issues...sometimes magick just won't work and all one can do is resort to other methods. Like calling police or filing official complaints, etc.
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#8 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:08 PM

Im just trying to start conversation Justa.. Dont worry about saving my soul! :wow: Doesn't it seem that before goodness wins..evil gets way to many pokes! Just my Opinion! I know my spiritual advisor always says pray for them 7 times a day.Say 7 times in jesus name i bless**** and pray that you help her/him find peace and love that she/he needs!

#9 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:11 AM

The Wiccan Rede

Bide ye Wiccan laws ye must,

in perfect love and perfect trust.

Live and let live, fairly take and fairly give.

Form the circle thrice about, to keep all evil spirits out.

To bind ye spell every time, let ye spell be spake in rhyme.

Soft of eye, light of touch, speak ye little, listen much.

Deosil go by the waxing moon, singing out ye Witches’ Rune.

Widdershins go by the waning moon, chanting out ye Baneful Rune.

When the Lady’s moon is new, kiss your hand to her times two.

When the moon rides at her peak, then ye heart’s desire seek.

Heed the North wind’s mighty gale, lock the door and trim the sail.

When the wind comes from the South, love will kiss thee on the mouth.

When the wind blows from the West, departed souls may have no rest.

When the wind blows from the East, except the new and set the feast.

Nine woods in ye cauldron go, burn them fast and burn them slow.

Elder be ye Lady’s tree, burn it not or cursed ye’ll be.

When the wheel begins to turn, soon ye Beltaine fire’ll burn.

When the wheel hath turned to Yule, light the log the Horned One rules.

Heed ye flower, bush and tree, by the Lady blessed be.

Where the rippling waters flow, cast a stone and truth ye’ll know.

When ye have and hold a need, harken not to others greed.

With a fool no season spend, nor be counted as his friend.

Merry meet and merry part, bright the cheeks and warm the heart.

Mind ye threefold law ye should, three times bad and three times good.

When misfortune is anow, wear the blue star upon thy brow.

True in love ye must ever be, lest thy love be false to thee.

In these eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill,

‘An ye harm none, do what ye will.

Hi Myss911~

WELL DONE!!! :hug:
Thanks for posting, in full, the Wiccan Rede!!!!!!!!!!!

:wow: ~Bellarose

#10 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:19 PM

I practice my own religion pretty much these days, and in my karmic profile it stole the phrase "An Eye For An Eye". If you believe you've been hurt badly enough, you can retaliate, but don't overdo it. I wouldn't suggest it for anyone who has a slight thought that it could be bad for them, because I believe that sets up a chance for a backlash.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#11 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:15 PM

I practice my own religion pretty much these days, and in my karmic profile it stole the phrase "An Eye For An Eye". If you believe you've been hurt badly enough, you can retaliate, but don't overdo it. I wouldn't suggest it for anyone who has a slight thought that it could be bad for them, because I believe that sets up a chance for a backlash.

What do you mean Morbid, that the thought of it could set a person up to think they are getting it (bad karma retaliation )back?

#12 TreeBeard

TreeBeard

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:36 PM

Witches use a threefold rule. Whatever you send out comes back in threefold. So sending out harmful energy could be unpleasant. However, you do have a right to defend yourself and you can do it with candle magick or other various methods, and if it gets really bad, a binding. Just be careful, choose your defenses wisely.

:Spaz:

#13 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:44 PM

On a practical level, retaliating against someone, magically or mundanely, is usually counterproductive in the long run. If someone is already behaving agressively, doing something to make them more angry will only serve to increase their level of aggression. You might not be the one they take it out on, but you can be sure that they are taking it out on someone.

Also, if a peace spell isn't working, why assume that a retaliation spell is going to be any more effective?

#14 TreeBeard

TreeBeard

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:29 PM

On a practical level, retaliating against someone, magically or mundanely, is usually counterproductive in the long run. If someone is already behaving agressively, doing something to make them more angry will only serve to increase their level of aggression. You might not be the one they take it out on, but you can be sure that they are taking it out on someone.

Also, if a peace spell isn't working, why assume that a retaliation spell is going to be any more effective?

Defending yourself doesn't necessarily mean 'retaliating' or making the other person angrier. It can be magick which only serves to dispell the harmful magick directed towards you. More or less, like an umbrella in a lite rain shower. The umbrella deflects the water droplets and you stay dry. The correct type of countermeasures using magick will do the same thing.

:Spaz:

#15 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:07 AM

I have been known to cast either a binding spell or a justice spell a time or two in my life. I have done so knowing the ramifications of said acts and have accepted the consequences. The binding spell I have used is one which prevents a person from doing harm to another. Knowing that this will come back to me, I accept that I will bind myself in the future from harming another. A justice spell is one that I see as being a bit stronger, and basically askes that the Gods deal with a person who has harmed others, and deal with that person in a judicial manner. With this spell, you may get the same justice meted out to yourself as well. These are the consequences I deal with when casting. As I have said, I have cast these only a few times, and only under circumstances where other things have failed. I don't do it lightly. However, I have never done so on my own behalf. I have enough protective forces around me that I do not need to cast such spells for myself. Usually if someone ends up bothering me too much, if I act pleasantly enough to them, they eventually seek other entertainment.

Raven
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users