• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16 the queen

the queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

As of today, some changes have been made to the membership groups.

From now on, when a new person signs up, they will be in a group classified as New Member. This group will be restricted in that they will not have access to the Private Message System or the ability to look at other members profiles. New Members will still be able to send emails through the site as well as post on the various boards.

Once a new member has reached 30 posts, their account will be promoted to Full Member. At that point, they will have full access to the PM system and other member's profiles.

Unfortunately, this will have a minor impact on our current membership. However, the fix is very simple. You may have noticed that at this time, everyone is listed in the New Member group. If you already have 30 posts or more, it will only take 1 post to move you to the Full Member group and for access to the PM system and profiles to be restored.

I have created THIS THREAD where you can take advantage of this one time chance to inflate your post count. You can add a single post in that thread or post on any of the other boards where it will increase your post count (Please note, any board located in the Village Suburbs will not increase your post count).

If you don't care to add a post to update your membership, you can send me an email at mrsspookypants@ghostvillage.com and I can do it manually. In addition, if you have any questions or concerns, you can send me a PM or an email.

We hope that this move will compliment the great community that we have here while at the same time, helping us to deter those not interested in participating in the community.

Thanks
mrsspookypants

thanks ms spookypants; i usually read and not post much as the few posts i have put out there have never been responded to, which is very disappointing as i had serious questions; anywho, i don't know what my status is but i trust you will fix it.
Fondly,the Queen
"What a long strange trip it's been" aka Grateful Dead
The West Memphis 3 Are Free!!!!!
www.wm3.org

#17 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:43 PM

thanks ms spookypants; i usually read and not post much as the few posts i have put out there have never been responded to, which is very disappointing as i had serious questions; anywho, i don't know what my status is but i trust you will fix it.

Your status is New Member. Once you hit 30 posts in the core forums, you will be a full member. There is nothing to fix for your account.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#18 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:13 AM

Hi guys ;)

I knows its been a while, but i do check in from time to time, but i dont know if its because i havent been here in a while but i dont seem to have a personal message icon and also cant look at my own profile. Does that mean my account has been reset because i've been gone so long?

Thanks

Grey
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#19 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

GreyMan, it is not that the account is reset, but we have a new user group with feature permissions set. ;) You have to post in the link mentioned in one of the posts above, so that the admin can re-enable the permissions.
Posted Image

#20 grimshawl

grimshawl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:all things paranormal, cemetery photography, odd and forgotten history and locations, fishing, reading, gaming.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:52 AM

I havent been over here in a while unfortunately. i am going to try to change that and get onto this board more often. Hopefully I will stick to this.
Still full of Wonder at the Worlds Workings, looking for some of the ansers and most of the questions. Lost and Found Ohio

#21 Kelli Chases Ghosts

Kelli Chases Ghosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:27 AM

I guess if I want to PM I have to step out of the darkness for a while. >sigh<
Speak to me in Gaelic and I will love you. Tell me you know what Inverse Square Law is and I will love you forever.~K

#22 bbabin5

bbabin5

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:19 PM

From now on, when a new person signs up, they will be in a group classified as New Member. This group will be restricted in that they will not have access to the Private Message System or the ability to look at other members profiles. New Members will still be able to send emails through the site as well as post on the various boards.

Once a new member has reached 30 posts, their account will be promoted to Full Member. At that point, they will have full access to the PM system and other member's profiles.

Unfortunately, this will have a minor impact on our current membership. However, the fix is very simple. You may have noticed that at this time, everyone is listed in the New Member group. If you already have 30 posts or more, it will only take 1 post to move you to the Full Member group and for access to the PM system and profiles to be restored.

I have created THIS THREAD where you can take advantage of this one time chance to inflate your post count. You can add a single post in that thread or post on any of the other boards where it will increase your post count (Please note, any board located in the Village Suburbs will not increase your post count).

If you don't care to add a post to update your membership, you can send me an email at mrsspookypants@ghostvillage.com and I can do it manually. In addition, if you have any questions or concerns, you can send me a PM or an email.

We hope that this move will compliment the great community that we have here while at the same time, helping us to deter those not interested in participating in the community.

Thanks
mrsspookypants

Brett

#23 nkeelty

nkeelty

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:43 AM

Thanks
mrsspookypants

I really don't understand to much I have, I think, posted a query and don't know how to proceed from here?

#24 nkeelty

nkeelty

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:46 AM

I am new please if you can help me out. I just need some guidance with where to go :weeee:

#25 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

Maybe this is why I've been having member issues and errors? :headbang:
Posted Image

#26 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

Yep, she's THE GHOST....blame it ALL on her!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Scary things....

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:15 PM

DarkPrincess, if you follow the link in the first post in this thead, it should help you out. It will take you to the thread set up on the General Board that will help you update your account.

nkeelty, I'm not quite sure what it is that you are looking for help with? You seem to be posting fine..........but you wont' have access to Private Messages or Profile views until you have reached 30 posts on the active boards.

You can always email me at mrsspookypants@ghostvillage.com with any questions.....

#27 aya&aki

aya&aki

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:arts, music, literature, science... and a bunch of other stuff that I'd like to keep private.

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:39 AM

i was wondering why i couldn't get into my account...even though i have been a member for atleast a year...

thanks for the info!
"The Open-mindness of a person can be measured by his/her ability to accept that everything is right and everything is wrong. There are no such things as contradictions, just two sides of the same coin." -Samantha Williams

#28 Roger phillips

Roger phillips

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:44 AM

sounds good to me :headbang:

#29 dannyau

dannyau

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:33 AM

Thanks
mrsspookypants

ok cool

#30 harleysalen

harleysalen

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:43 AM

Interesting, I don't even know if I have posted on this message board yet, I rediscovered when I googled my username that I was a member here. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users