Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Can we talk intelligently about intelligent design

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#31 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:14 PM

Actually, evolution works pretty well within the Christian worlview if you can get past the literal habit of mind. You may have heard the drill: "from dust to dust", humility, caretakers of Gods' creation, etc. What better illustration than to be just a jumped up animal? What bothers ME about evolution is lack of scientific proof.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#32 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:43 PM

I'm onboard, lol
It was already mention here but I feel I need to adress it anyway. What was there before the begining? What will happen after the end? Where did god come from? How can he recreate us in his image if he has no image? If he is omnipotent and is all things everywhere and together we are each a part of a collective consious how come we can't get along?

Just wondering.
Dave
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#33 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 05 December 2005 - 06:39 PM

As a scientist, I can say that the beginning, the big bang etc is all based upon Einstein's "Empty Space" and relativity theories. Some other scientist make a good case for an active Aether. If you allow the Aether theories the Big Bang etc become unnecessary. It's obvious to me that the science of Physics is incomplete, but not physicist enough to prove my belief.

As a Christian I would respond that God's image is spirit, not anthropomorphic. If, for example, elephants or whales turn out to be smart enough i would give them the vote, if they were dumb enough to participate in the process! lol As for the rest, well, we, like all real beings are singular, alone and aware of our condition. God allows us free will, and free choices. If we make the right choices we move closer to Him. If we don't we gradually CHOOSE Hell, a piece at a time, until it seems the norm.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#34 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:48 AM

If we make the right choices we move closer to Him.  If we don't we gradually CHOOSE Hell, a piece at a time, until it seems the norm.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But how do we explain spirit stuck inbetween that have murdered???
Surely that is the ultimate mistake or maybe there isnt a hell. I'm thinking there isnt.

#35 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 06 December 2005 - 03:14 AM

What happened before the big bang? My theory is that at the end of everything there is a new begining. So in order for the big bang to have occurred there had to be a previous universe which collapsed on itself. You can't have a big bang without the material. The logical explanation is that the material (universe) was here before, collapsed on itself and has repeated the cycle over and over and over.

This doesn't explain why there is a universe at all though.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#36 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:49 AM

Does murder keep you out of Heaven? I think not. I don't rule reincarnation out either. Maybe one lifetime is not enough to be fit for Heaven, to pay our debts and to truly choose Hell.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#37 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:14 AM

Perhaps the ones that can't go to heaven are the ones the GV was designed to talk about. Tortured souls with no where to go....

#38 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:58 PM

How did this turn from a discussion about Creationism vs Intelligent Desing into one about who will get into heaven?

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#39 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:59 PM

How did this turn from a discussion about Creationism vs Intelligent Desing into one about who will get into heaven?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They done lost thier train..... :wave: :ghost:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#40 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:05 AM

I guess we answered your question Spooks, No we can't talk intelligently about intelligent design. lol

#41 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:57 AM

I guess we answered your question Spooks, No we can't talk intelligently about intelligent design. lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh welllll....... :D :hug:
I love you idiots, all the same. :Spaz:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#42 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 09:41 PM

Dear Spooks,

The problem with this thread is that everyone agrees! What do we do when we agree? We look for something to disagree and/or discuss! That simple.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#43 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:26 PM

But if it's something that goes utterly off the original topic, one then goes and creates a brand spankin new thread in which to discuss said tangent.

So if you are looking to discuss who gets into heaven how and why, feel free to start said topic. But leave this one to the discussion of Intelligent Design.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#44 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:35 PM

But if it's something that goes utterly off the original topic, one then goes and creates a brand spankin new thread in which to discuss said tangent. 

So if you are looking to discuss who gets into heaven how and why, feel free to start said topic.  But leave this one to the discussion of Intelligent Design.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Vamp! Still mad at me over that fairy thing?
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#45 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 11:48 AM

Dear Spooks,

The problem with this thread is that everyone agrees!  What do we do when we agree?  We look for something to disagree and/or discuss!  That simple.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fine by me Markway. We can all argue the same point too if our symantics are all twisted in a bunch...... :weeee:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users