• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 09:01 PM

Well it's been quite awhile since I've checked up on the site. I've missed everyone! It's been very crazy in my life lately.

I probably won't be on the site for awhile. My uncle, who I was very close to, passed away, and my mother is taking the death of her brother very hard, so I need to be there for her. He was 54 and died of collapsed lungs and empysema, caused obviously from smoking. It was a heartbreaking loss. I've also started a new job. I work as a nurse's aide at a nursing home. So far I love it. The people there are so interesting to talk to. Sometimes it's hard, but I can tell I will enjoy it.

As for the good news...the nursing home where I work is haunted. There are switches in the rooms attached to strings, so if any of the residents need something, they can just pull on the string and a light will blink above their door, and an alarm will sound at the nurses station. I had taken a lady to the dining hall and turned off her light. After about 3 minutes a call light went off and I looked to see who's room it was. It was the same lady I had just taken to dinner. I went into the room, the lights were still off, and there was nothing that could have gotten caught on the string. The other nurse's aides have spooky stories of their own to share. I can tell I'll have fun there!

So it'll be awhile before I can catch up again. I'm so busy with work and family. I'll miss you all...once again! Don't have too much fun without me!  :(
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 November 2003 - 09:25 PM

Take Care buddy! Our prayers are with you!
Posted Image

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 06:14 AM

[glow=red,2,300]Ghosthunter_Girl[/glow]
Please accept my condolances for the loss of your Uncle, loss of family is always hard, so if you ever need to vent or talk, know that we're here for you.

The nursing home job sounds cool and they are a great population to work with, a lot of history is remembered by those older*who knows, you may even learn something about the resident haunts*

GHG,do what you need to do, you'll be missed but we understand and we'll be here when things calm down for you.

Blessings and Happy Hunting,
Whispers
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users