Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Ghost Image from Devil's Den at Gettysburg?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 rigormortis

rigormortis

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Race cars,drawing & My family

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:43 AM

That would really freak me out if i took a pic. and something like that showed up but anyways thats one of the coolest pic. i've ever seen.

#32 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:06 AM

hi there rigormortis,

i noticed that you are new and wanted to say welcome to ghost village!!!

great name by the way!!! :clap:
Posted Image

#33 rigormortis

rigormortis

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Race cars,drawing & My family

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:41 AM

hi there rigormortis,

i noticed that you are new and wanted to say welcome to ghost village!!!

great name by the way!!! :clap:

Thank you

Edited by rigormortis, 06 June 2006 - 09:41 AM.

#34 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:06 AM

It does sort of look like a kid in a uniform that is too big for him/her..... :clap: ?

#35 Laura N

Laura N

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:59 PM

Hello Everyone, I am the one who took this picture. It seems that there is alot of questions regarding this picture. First of all, I am a paranormal investigator. I went on this trip with just one other person (a female) I did not have anyone dress for this picture. I know for a fact that this person was not there when I took the picture. I kept a log of and did a visual scan of all pics taken, and made absolutly sure that no re-inactors were in my photos. Now, I am not an expert on photograpy or anything, nor am I an expert in history or civil war, I did my best to research the uniform, and I couldn't come up with a match at all. I value everyone's opinion and I will try to answer any questions that some might have. I am just a paranormal investigator, trying to discern what is fact, and what is fiction. I know that there are many skeptics even among our field of paranormal. But if it was known for a fact that there are ghosts out there among us, this would no longer be a field of study.

Thanks,

Laura N.

#36 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:making my crafts,love anything that has to do with american history.but mostly civil war.love to read ghost books.go to civil war battlefields.those are haunted to.so i get the history with the ghosts.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:46 PM

well laura n, i think its a ghost.no matter what people say in here.as for rat girl being from scotland i bet shes got plenty of ghosts over there.i would luvvvvvvvvvvvvvv to go to scotland.see where my kin folk came from.well just about any place is haunted that has history.i personally like the civil war time frame.hence my name in here.
when sliding down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...an irish blessing.......may those that love us, love us, as for those that dont love us, may God turn their hearts.and if God cant turn their hearts, may God turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limp.

#37 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:27 PM

As much as I would like to say that this was genuine, I honestly can't. Now, I don't beleive it to be an optical illusion, rather, i beleive it to be an actual person (probably a kid)...because, if you look at the group that is taking the tour, you will see children...I think that one of them sort of hang back from the rest, or went to look at something...so....but, that's my 02 cents on the issue...

Maybe! We just don't know! And probably never will. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#38 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:02 PM

Hello Everyone, I am the one who took this picture. It seems that there is alot of questions regarding this picture. First of all, I am a paranormal investigator. I went on this trip with just one other person (a female) I did not have anyone dress for this picture. I know for a fact that this person was not there when I took the picture. I kept a log of and did a visual scan of all pics taken, and made absolutly sure that no re-inactors were in my photos. Now, I am not an expert on photograpy or anything, nor am I an expert in history or civil war, I did my best to research the uniform, and I couldn't come up with a match at all. I value everyone's opinion and I will try to answer any questions that some might have. I am just a paranormal investigator, trying to discern what is fact, and what is fiction. I know that there are many skeptics even among our field of paranormal. But if it was known for a fact that there are ghosts out there among us, this would no longer be a field of study.

Thanks,

Laura N.

Hello Laura and welcome to Ghost Village.(ok, three thoughts) Your picture is very interesting to say the least. Well done. But you have to understand we were not there at the time the pic was taken. If you say that he was not in the pic, so be it. Is it possable that you might of missed him, do to the fact the pic was taken at a distance? Just a thought. Also there are many people to the right of the pic. That there kinda shoots this pic down. Was he with that group? Or did you capture a spirit wandering through the Den? We'll never know. Thanks for responding back to us on this photo of yours. I know Julie really wanted to hear from you. Thanks! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#39 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:49 PM

Hi Laura. Welcome aboard. I appreciate you coming on and explaining that photo. Even though I was one of the critics I think it's great that you joined. Knowing the extra info really helps.

Please feel free to share anything else from Gettysburg, or anywhere else you've investigated, wether it be a photo or an experience.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#40 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:04 AM

But if it was known for a fact that there are ghosts out there among us, this would no longer be a field of study.

Actually, there would be a lot left to study. We know animals exist and we haven't stopped studying them.

As for skepticism, I think it does ghost research more good than harm. Due to it, we re-evalute our findings, and it also keeps ghost research from boiling down to, "Ooohhh! That's a ghost for sure! Um..why...well, it just is."

This happens often with ghost research and it doesn't help it's credibility. :ghost:

#41 Laura N

Laura N

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:45 AM

thank for everyone welcoming me aboard. I do enjoy the knowledge that all of you have to share. I do also appreciate the criticism it really does help keep me on my toes. As for my picture, I do know no one was there, I actually remember taking that picture because right after I had taken it someone from the group had come up to me and asked me a question. but for this message board, I like it here, so if you all don't mind, I might stay a while : ) I would like being able to compare not with you all once in a while.

laura

#42 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:55 AM

Stay as long as you like. Welcome to Ghostvillage! ;) :wow:

#43 Laura N

Laura N

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:16 PM

thank for everyone welcoming me aboard. I do enjoy the knowledge that all of you have to share. I do also appreciate the criticism it really does help keep me on my toes. As for my picture, I do know no one was there, I actually remember taking that picture because right after I had taken it someone from the group had come up to me and asked me a question. but for this message board, I like it here, so if you all don't mind, I might stay a while : ) I would like being able to compare not with you all once in a while.

laura

sorry...I meant notes....that last sentence really didn't make sense did it???

#44 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:11 AM

laura

Laura, Do you have any more photos to share here on GV? We would really like to see some more of your work. That would be cool. Welcome aboard and have fun! P.S. I really think that was a interesting photo that you took of the possable soldier spirit. Those kind of pics keep our minds very busy and wondering. Trust me, I know. Dave
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#45 Magrathea82

Magrathea82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, ghost hunting

Posted 11 June 2006 - 04:03 PM

You know, with the opital illusion thing; I live behind some apartments and one night I looked into one of the windows and I SWORE I saw someone choking another person in the bed. I was startled, but I looked closer and realized it was actually the branches from the tree in front of the window. I was ready to call the cops on account of tree branches! Anyway, with re-enactors, would this mean one must exercise caution whilst photographing at the Renaissance Festival, with all the actors and actresses there? The person looks real, no doubt about that and I was unable to see how the branch made up part of his face. It appeared to me that it was behind him, not in front. Nice photo!
When life throws you a fast one, either duck or catch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users