Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Is it Global warming or just Earth Life cycles?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Katelush

Katelush

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

Hello everyone. As we keep on hearing about Earths Global warming or now Climate change due to our increasing output of Carbon Dioxide, but the truth is can Humans really make that much damage to a planet that has lived for billions of years so quickly. It seems Earth goes through its cycles of being hot. Remember when the dinosaurs were here, the planet was much hotter than it is now. I think we all know Humans played no part in that. Now don't get me wrong as I know we play a part in heating up the planet because of the Carbon Dioxide but on what kind of scale? Now it just seems to me that we as Humans know very little about the history of the planet we're living on because we're so young compared to the planet, and it just seems that our planet goes through cycles of hot and cold and theres nothing us Humans can do about it on such a large scale.

What are your thoughts.

#2 ohreally?

ohreally?

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hello everyone. As we keep on hearing about Earths Global warming or now Climate change due to our increasing output of Carbon Dioxide, but the truth is can Humans really make that much damage to a planet that has lived for billions of years so quickly. It seems Earth goes through its cycles of being hot. Remember when the dinosaurs were here, the planet was much hotter than it is now. I think we all know Humans played no part in that. Now don't get me wrong as I know we play a part in heating up the planet because of the Carbon Dioxide but on what kind of scale? Now it just seems to me that we as Humans know very little about the history of the planet we're living on because we're so young compared to the planet, and it just seems that our planet goes through cycles of hot and cold and theres nothing us Humans can do about it on such a large scale.

What are your thoughts.

Thoughts are ok to a point, but facts are what matter.

We know a lot about the history of our planet. There's more than enough information out there to read indicating human activity is a major influence affecting the climate. Below is just a very small sample.
http://www.realclimate.org/
http://phys.org/news...o2-climate.html
http://climate.nasa.gov/

Edited by ohreally?, 11 September 2012 - 09:38 AM.

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

It's kind of odd don't you think that some scientists are saying that ALL the planets are heating up from the inside. including the sun. We sure get around, don't we? :)
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#4 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

I think you're on to something Kate.... it's called common sense. :)
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users