Another Ghost Hunters Spin-Off

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:20 AM

Just read an article which states that Steve Gonsalves and David Tango are going to be the leaders of a new spin-off of Ghost Hunters called Ghost Hunters: Next Generation. Apparently it's going to be focused on college aged young adults and will be meant to butt heads with Paranormal State. While Steve gets on my last nerve, I do like Tango, so I may watch it. Unless it conflicts with my pre-established viewing schedule. :)

Edited by Silvertongue, 08 September 2009 - 11:21 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

just what we need another ghost hunter show.... :yawn:
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#3 biada

biada

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:22 PM

I like paranormal state better. At least they provide closure and try to get the sprints to move on. GhostHunters just say, yep, we saw something. And they leave.

#4 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

I like paranormal state better. At least they provide closure and try to get the sprints to move on. GhostHunters just say, yep, we saw something. And they leave.

When are they supposed to come back... I haven't seen anything about a new season...
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#5 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:58 AM

just what we need another ghost hunter show.... :blush:

Probably because they realise none of them are qualified to do anything for the individuals, unlike a bunch of college kids who think they know it all. The majority of the places visited by Ghost Hunters are public places and the owners simply want confirmation of what they already suspect. Wherever Paranormal State investigates, they conveniently find people frantic about having something otherworldly in their home.

Edited by Silvertongue, 09 September 2009 - 07:59 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:50 PM

I get a bit tired of Paranormal State because it seems like everything they find is a demonic entity.

Edited by Axman, 09 September 2009 - 05:50 PM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#7 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

I agree, Axman---Paranormal State is a little too into finding malevolent/demonic forces in everything to take them seriously, and it's a little too religious for my tastes.

I'm pretty much over Ghost Hunters, but I like Steve and Tango more than Jason and Grant, so I'll give the new show a shot, at least.

#8 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:12 AM

I get a bit tired of Paranormal State because it seems like everything they find is a demonic entity.

I agree 100% Axman. :lol: I do not deny that there are evil ghosts/spirits in this world, but the "text book" definition of evil, it's simply someone (or something) which causes or threatens distress or harm. If someone was evil in life - i.e. they caused harm to others - then it stands to reason they'd be evil as a ghost. But that doesn't make them demonic. Mean or evil ghosts does not automatically mean demon.
Posted Image

#9 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:30 PM

I agree 100% Axman. :whoohoo: I do not deny that there are evil ghosts/spirits in this world, but the "text book" definition of evil, it's simply someone (or something) which causes or threatens distress or harm. If someone was evil in life - i.e. they caused harm to others - then it stands to reason they'd be evil as a ghost. But that doesn't make them demonic. Mean or evil ghosts does not automatically mean demon.

I prefer the term "malevolent spirit" as that applies to troublesome ghosts better. I am not sure that demons would spend so much time trying to get in their 15 minutes of fame on a paranormal show.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#10 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:25 AM

But don't we all want our fifteen minutes of fame...? :P
Posted Image

#11 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:10 PM

just what we need another ghost hunter show.... :P

I'll end up watching it anyway because it's entertaining and addictive :D

Edited by axlfoley, 11 September 2009 - 01:11 PM.

Whatever

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users