• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 07:00 AM

You might see his career floating around somwhere in the spirit world...it's been dead a looong time!

this made me laugh so hard that i cried!  i think that jacko could use a little help from edgar cayce and a trip to the astral plane (see silly piece of attached digital art at bottom - hee hee, this is a LONG TIME inside joke with some friends from grade school that dates back to when the "thriller" michael jackson was on top of the charts...)
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#17 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 07:07 AM

no, seriously folks... i'm a confirmed agnostic with mixed christian / pagan / native american religious upbringing.  i'm a person with a great interest in myth and the lore of other religions worldwide...

i personally feel that my agnosticism does not get in the way of my belief in the spiritual world or afterlife -- on the contrary.  simply put, by not ascribing to or adhering to any particular doctrine, set of rites, dogma, or ritual, i free myself to accept or reject all possibilities on the basis of their truth.

i also believe that most religions, sects, doctrines, mythologies, and denominations have at least a grain of truth to them.  however, since no one alive on this earth among us can tell us from first hand personal experience the true nature and makeup of spiritual beings, places, or the mechanics of such, we have to use our hearts and our extra senses as guidance.  there are so many wonderful examples of people here at GV that have "touched," "seen,"  or "felt" the presence or company of spiritual beings that i believe the existence of them to be completely undeniable - but i will continue through my life with a sense of reverence and wonder about what the spiritual beings actually are and will wait for any concrete evidence of a source or a direction at the time of my own passing.  it is a choice that i have made, and i am not uncomfortable with living the life of a questioning and highly skeptical believer in something.

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#18 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,823 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 January 2004 - 06:02 AM

everyone have their own set of beliefs. but if we look back we can see thta there was "something" or "somewhere" it all started. so doesnt it mean that all the religions and beliefs have a common base?

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#19 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,823 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:26 AM

hhmmmmmm just like humans here hae sects and religions, do you think the other side too have their "religion"?

#20 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:46 PM

hhmmmmmm just like humans here hae sects and religions, do you think the other side too have their "religion"?

I would imagine that those who passed on will keep their same beliefs and personality.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#21 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,823 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 11:57 PM

well, I don't think so Aloha.

1 user(s) are reading this topic