Spirit Guides

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mizu~

~Mizu~

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:50 PM

Hello, my name is Mizu and I am new at Ghost Village!
^-^ Well, anyway when I first came here, I read information about Spirit Guides. I have a few questions, as I tried to contact my Spirit Guide(Which I used Meditation, here: http://www.ghostvill...howtopic=13828)
I felt a weird feeling on the left side of my face, going to my right, and I saw bright flashes through my closed eyes. I opened my eyes when it happened, as I got scared. Is that a normal thing that happens? And, I had another question that I could not answer: How do we know who is our Spirit Guide?

#2 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:05 PM

HI Mizu

Welcome to GV

That is normal when you come into contact with spirit (providing you have discounted all of the natural phenomena)

It is difficult to tell if it is your spirit guide unless they physically speak to you. Which for most doesnt help you. Certain signs and feelings however do indicate that it could be your guide, or it could be a past family member watching over you.

Remember to give yourself protection and try a few experiments to ascertain the type of spirit you may have contact with.

As in life you have to be careful as to who to trust in the spirit world.

Try not to be scared and keep focused.

Mark :)

#3 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

Hi Mizu...I'm sorry that I can't help you with your questions, as I'm more of a science geek...I'm not very knowledgable about the spiritual aspects of the paranormal. But I wanted to swing by to say....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 ~Mizu~

~Mizu~

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

HI Mizu

Welcome to GV

That is normal when you come into contact with spirit (providing you have discounted all of the natural phenomena)

It is difficult to tell if it is your spirit guide unless they physically speak to you. Which for most doesnt help you. Certain signs and feelings however do indicate that it could be your guide, or it could be a past family member watching over you.

Remember to give yourself protection and try a few experiments to ascertain the type of spirit you may have contact with.

As in life you have to be careful as to who to trust in the spirit world.

Try not to be scared and keep focused.

Mark :)

Hello! :)
Oh, thank you. This gives me more knowledge of what might be happening, Ill definitely do experiments, than I may have a chance of knowing who it may be. :lol: ^^

#5 ~Mizu~

~Mizu~

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

Hi Mizu...I'm sorry that I can't help you with your questions, as I'm more of a science geek...I'm not very knowledgable about the spiritual aspects of the paranormal. But I wanted to swing by to say....
Posted Image

It is alright. :lol:
I understand. ^^
Haha, thank you. :)

#6 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

^-^ Well, anyway when I first came here, I read information about Spirit Guides. I have a few questions, as I tried to contact my Spirit Guide(Which I used Meditation, here: http://www.ghostvill...howtopic=13828)
I felt a weird feeling on the left side of my face, going to my right, and I saw bright flashes through my closed eyes. I opened my eyes when it happened, as I got scared. Is that a normal thing that happens? And, I had another question that I could not answer: How do we know who is our Spirit Guide?

Hi Mizu and welcome to Ghostvillage!

I have had that exact same experience while meditating. For me that is my angels speaking to me. I get a warm feeling usually in my head, but sometimes my whole body or just certain parts. I have even asked them to hold my hand and immediately felt my hand and arm warm up. I have different angels who present themselves in different colors when my eyes are closed. Usually I see round balls of light, either gold, blue, pink or white, depending on the angle that is coming through. I have one angel who paces from my bathroom in the master bedroom to the doorway of my bedroom. He presents as a dark shadow, but he is an angel.

For me I know they are communicating with me also when I get ringing in my ears. I work with a mentor who told me that is how they "download" the message to you. Then when the ringing stops, I will actually hear them speaking to me. Sometimes I hear one voice or sometimes a couple of them are speaking at the same time, taking turns. I still haven't figured out how to discern my guides from my angels, but know I do have a guide named Roan and at least one of my angels is Michael; yes the archangel. I guess I need lots of protection because he is God's Warrior.

As mentioned above, please be sure to always imagine yourself surrounded by protective white light while meditating or doing any type of communicating with entities. Be sure to ask that only the entities of the highest light and vibration may come to you, all others must leave immediately. I also find that lighting white, unscented candles keeps the room I'm meditating in "clean and clear" of low level entities.

Hope that is helpful, for more questions, please feel free to send me a private message by clicking on my name on the top left and then "send message." I will write back to you here on GV and try to answer any questions you have.

Good luck and just know that it takes lots and lots of practice to communicate with spirit guides and angels.

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#7 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Beyond the paranormal, which is obvious, I like to read (mainly paranormal books, bios, true crime, etc..), make graphics and layouts, playing Texas Hold 'Em ( I racked up some dough New Year's Eve! lol), and I enjoy doing a lot of outdoor type things. I come from a drag racing family, so it's always fun to head to the track to watch my family race.

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:47 PM

For me I know they are communicating with me also when I get ringing in my ears. I work with a mentor who told me that is how they "download" the message to you. Then when the ringing stops, I will actually hear them speaking to me. Sometimes I hear one voice or sometimes a couple of them are speaking at the same time, taking turns. I still haven't figured out how to discern my guides from my angels, but know I do have a guide named Roan and at least one of my angels is Michael; yes the archangel. I guess I need lots of protection because he is God's Warrior.

Kira, this really struck a cord with me. I've had this "ringing" in my ears a few times and it's always accompanied by a bad (anxious) feeling. The first time I actually recall having this happen I said something to my grandmother about it. She kinda looked at me like something was wrong (heck, I thought that maybe I was starting to get an ear infection, lol). She called it a death bell. I thought she was a little off her rocker cause I had never heard of such a thing. Needless to say, the next morning, my great grandfather died. The same thing happened the day before my great grandmother died. The most recent incident was Thursday night. I was a little put off by it because of past experiences, and all I could think was "Oh no, tomorrow is going to be a bad day.". Sure enough, Friday around 11am, my husband called me and told me that he had just heard that our landlord died around 9:30 that morning. Our landlord was friends with my late father-in-law. He was a very sweet man and always made sure that we were happy in our home and made sure that everything was in order with it.

I don't really understand why this ringing in my ears is always associated with a death though. That part puzzles me.
Posted Image

#8 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:11 AM

Cynthia_TN I hope you don't mind that I'm adding my 2 cents here.
For Kira, hope this is o.k. Kira, She knows from her experience what that ringing in her ears means . it always means the same. For me, it's like a very fast morse code (which I can't read by the way) and from my experience means something totally different, but always the same meaning. And for you, from your experience, you know to pay attention that you will get a death notice. That's not a bad thing. It gives you time, to at least pray for the person, if this is in your faith or belief to do so. So, the universe, or your angels, or your guides has set it up this way because they know you'll recognise what it is.
We all have different "ways" of handling our spiritual life.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#9 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:18 AM

Welcome to Ghost Village Mizu! You'll get the hang of it. Most important though, like Mark and Kira have advised, and I want to say also, always start out with prayers of protection around yourself. You don't want to make contact with anything negative.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#10 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:49 AM

Hello and welcome to our Village. Those bright lights you experienced are quite normal for some people. What it sounds like to me is that you were entering a beta state. That is a deep meditative state and nothing to be frightened over. I remember the first time it happened to me, and it was frightening. I spoke with the person who was coaching me at the time and she calmed my fears. In the beta state you are very likely to receive information from beyond or to be able to reach deep within yourself to learn more about yourself - such as past lives. You come out of the meditation feeling more rested and at peace when this happens. Actually, for a lot of people I know, it is the goal of their meditation - to go into beta. As to the 'weird feeling' on the side of your face, it is more than likely that it was your main guide trying to calm your fears. The reason I think this was the case is that you were meditating with the specific intent of meeting your guide. Many times they will stroke your face lightly, and if you were in a beta state you would be accutely aware of this.
Good luck and don't stop meditating - and don't forget to journal your meditation journey! Your journal will be a valuable tool for you in years to come. And thank you for demonstrating just how well the excercise I shared works if you follow the steps!

Edited by Redhead, 03 March 2008 - 08:50 AM.

"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#11 mitchy334

mitchy334

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Spiritual, paranormal, new age, and other related topics.<br />Anything to do with alternative medicine and healing(empathy, therapuetic touch, reiki, etc.).

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:24 AM

Hi all,

I have felt that weird tingling feeling that also moved from left to right on my face and head and I believe that it's energy of the being that it trying to make contact with you. In my case it was a spirit that was speaking to me and also through my daughter. When I told him to leave her alone because she was too young and to talk to me, he really made himself known to me. That was the strongest presence that I have felt yet. Everyone will have different experiences with each being and also each time. I've learned that it can be very different at times, but I always know when there is a spirit when I get the tingling on the back of my neck. I've had that since I was a child. You just have to practice and keep meditating to keep yourself safe and clear.

-Michelle

#12 ~Mizu~

~Mizu~

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

Welcome to Ghost Village Mizu! You'll get the hang of it. Most important though, like Mark and Kira have advised, and I want to say also, always start out with prayers of protection around yourself. You don't want to make contact with anything negative.

Hello! ^-^
Yes, I do prayers too, and I will be sure to remember that! :)

#13 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Beyond the paranormal, which is obvious, I like to read (mainly paranormal books, bios, true crime, etc..), make graphics and layouts, playing Texas Hold 'Em ( I racked up some dough New Year's Eve! lol), and I enjoy doing a lot of outdoor type things. I come from a drag racing family, so it's always fun to head to the track to watch my family race.

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:23 AM

Cynthia_TN I hope you don't mind that I'm adding my 2 cents here.
For Kira, hope this is o.k. Kira, She knows from her experience what that ringing in her ears means . it always means the same. For me, it's like a very fast morse code (which I can't read by the way) and from my experience means something totally different, but always the same meaning. And for you, from your experience, you know to pay attention that you will get a death notice. That's not a bad thing. It gives you time, to at least pray for the person, if this is in your faith or belief to do so. So, the universe, or your angels, or your guides has set it up this way because they know you'll recognise what it is.
We all have different "ways" of handling our spiritual life.

Thanks Puti! I totally agree with you on this. If anyone else would have asked the same question I did, I think that I would have applied that same thought pattern as you. However, when its you (me) asking the question, its a bit harder to apply common sense! lol
Posted Image

#14 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:17 PM

You're very welcome, Cynthia! Before I found GV, I had to figure everything out for myself. When there's nothing to compare it to, it's hard. Also no one to talk to about it that would not roll their eyes! LOL

#15 Time Traveller

Time Traveller

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:24 AM

Hi Mizu (means 'water' in Japanese :D )

I have also sometimes experienced bright flashes when my eyes are closed. The bright flashes might be physical or spiritual. Really hard to say. Do these happen all the time or just at certain times? Try not to be afraid.

The really hard part about spirit communication is separating your own thoughts from the spirit voices. That must be the hardest part. Some mediums actually hear a physical voice, but I think most do not. I hear spirits through what seems like my own thoughts, through impressions, and sometimes (but rarely) through physical voice sound. Over the years, I have learned to tell the difference between my own thoughts and the spirit's voice. But sometimes I still get them mixed up. This was especially hard for me to do in the beginning of practicing mediumship. Try not to feel too frustrated in the beginning. Also please remember that some people are just naturally more sensitive and better at spirit communication than others. But I believe that almost anyone can learn to talk to their spirit guide if they practice. Talking to stranger spirits is another matter. A lot of times I have used my spirit guide as a go between translator when talking to other spirits. Many spirits simply don't know how to communicate with the living. And most living people don't know how to hear spirit voices. Just my opinion, but I believe that spirit guides were specifically trained on the other side to be guides for the living. They had formal education and learned how to communicate with the living and so on.

There are some good books out there that can teach you how to communicate with spirits if you are serious about it. Mediation of course is very important. Living a zen lifestyle is also very effective at helping you become more aware of what is happening around you by living in the moment.

It may take you a long time to start hearing answers from your spirit guide. If it seems like your own imagination and you are making up the answers, that's ok. Just go with it and keep trying. You will eventually learn to tell the difference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)