71 replies to this topic

#1 abi

abi

Formerly known as ajoauk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Dancing, the paranormal and being scared

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:54 AM

hi all. I wasn't sure weather to put this here or in the fun n games...but i went with here.
Life has some unanswerable questions...like "what came first the chicken or the egg?"
what are the ones you know or can you think of expnaations for them?
here are a few of the questions i know

Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations when smoking is prohibited there?

If 7-11 is open 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?

If you're in a vehicle going the speed of light, what happens when you turn on the headlights?

You know how most packages say "Open here". What is the protocol if the package says, "Open somewhere else"?

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?

Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called a cargo?

Just a few i know..anyone know the answers or can anyone think of anymore?

Abi
Philosophers have only interpreted the the world as they see it- but the point is to change it. Karl MarxSceptics and belieers always disagree, Always try and change what the other believesYou have your views and I have mineThere's nothing we can do it's a fact of lifeIt's what makes the world go round,But it stops proof from being found - Abi

#2 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:07 PM

Why isn't Phonetics spelled like it sounds phonetically? Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the exact same thing?

#3 abi

abi

Formerly known as ajoauk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:38 PM

what's the sound of one hand clapping?

If a tree falls and no one is around to hear it, does it make a noise?
(a couple more)
Philosophers have only interpreted the the world as they see it- but the point is to change it. Karl MarxSceptics and belieers always disagree, Always try and change what the other believesYou have your views and I have mineThere's nothing we can do it's a fact of lifeIt's what makes the world go round,But it stops proof from being found - Abi

#4 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:02 PM

If a palne crashes in a cemetery, where do they bury the survivors?

(I couldn't resist it!)
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#5 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:03 PM

Oh, when you think of it, those survivors are going to die later in life. So, logically they'd be buried in a cemetery!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#6 ginger_sweazy82

ginger_sweazy82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:I like to help people cope with their loss of a loved one, If I can help feel free to im or pm me if u want. I do free physic medium readings . thanks help comes in diff ways, a friend to talk to, a friend to know where u are coming from or even a friend thats there for you. ARE you a friend?

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:26 AM

ok i got a few

Why do they call them Apartments if there so close ?

Why do we park on a drive way and drive on a park way?

In high school why did we have to take english WE speake fine ?

Why cant convicted falens vote? there people too.

and most of all

see who gets this

Brothers and sisters I have none.
But this mans father is my fathers son
WHO IS HE ??????

#7 abi

abi

Formerly known as ajoauk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:37 AM

the man is you and i agree with you on the english...we have enough exams no need for an english one!!!

Why do we say an alarm clock is "going off" when it's actually turning on?

Why is the slowest time of day on the road called "rush hour?"

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?

#8 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:06 AM

If a palne crashes in a cemetery, where do they bury the survivors?

(I couldn't resist it!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course you wouldnt bury the survivors lol :)

How about this one...why is it that hot dogs are sold in packs of 8 and the buns come in packs of 10?
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#9 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:21 AM

Why are hamburger called that when they are made of beed 99% of the time?
Posted Image

#10 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:26 PM

Why is Carson Daly successful?
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#11 becksrn

becksrn

From the boonies....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,596 posts
  • Interests:DURAN DURAN--ooh Nick Rhodes, Winter Sports, THE STEELERS, Lots of snow, horror flicks, basketball games, LUV LUV LUV Joaquin Phoenix, my PowerBook, System of a Down, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Foo Fighters, the 80's, historical disasters, Stewie Griffin, Trailer Fabulous, LOST, I'm a total sucker for old re-runs of Ab Fab, and CSI: Las Vegas.

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:02 PM

Why have I not won the lottery yet? Huh? Really, just tell me!!
Posted Image

#12 ginger_sweazy82

ginger_sweazy82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:I like to help people cope with their loss of a loved one, If I can help feel free to im or pm me if u want. I do free physic medium readings . thanks help comes in diff ways, a friend to talk to, a friend to know where u are coming from or even a friend thats there for you. ARE you a friend?

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:36 PM

your right the answer was HIMSELF

cause they only ones that do win (( the lottery )) are the ones that have never plain on where the money would go. Or how it needed to get spent

how far can u go into the wood?

How far can u go up?

how is it people who talk about how hard u should have to work to make money yet they only worked 6 years their whole life.

#13 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:29 AM

Why are hamburger called that when they are made of beef 99% of the time?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are named for a city in Germany and not the meat! :)

#14 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:58 AM

Who indeed put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop Shoo Bop??????
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#15 abi

abi

Formerly known as ajoauk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:40 AM

why can't they make the whole plane (atleast the part where the passengers are) out of the same stuff that the indestrucable black box is made of that they keep on planes?

Abi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users