#1 madhatter

madhatter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting and soccer.

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:58 AM

This hospital is one creepy place!!

I had a good friend that had gone there for a summer camp one year and even he doesn't want to talk about the place.

Awesome photos have been taken, people have been injured and the manifestation of a smell like that of decomposing flesh has been smelt by people.

The story is that a matron was raped and murdered in the building and is the base of the haunting.

It is that well known that TV crews have experienced happenings there. There is just so much stuff happening there it is nearly umbelievable! It is rated as one of the most haunted sites in Australia.

I've been there twice nut have never been able to get in. The first time the doors were boarded up( abit like a horror movie!) and me and my wife investigated the place. The place was truely creepy even at 2 in the afternoon, my wife the skeptic, refused to walk up to the door feeling a horrible feeling every time she went close to the steps!

The 2nd I wasn't able to get close to the place due to being bought and put in private residence, ( it did take about 4 years to sell at a very cheap price!).

If you want to hear of a "good un" as they say! Type in to google search "Old York Hospital." It will tell of some more ghost stories and photos. :)

Posted Image

THE TED!!!

#2 saba1

saba1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:36 AM

There has been so much said about this magnificent building and I find it hard to believe that there would be any evil presence in this hospital which is now a lovely home. I live in the old care takers place and have done so for the past two years. The matrons quarters is also rented out and the old laundry has been turned into a granny flat and is also tennanted. The new owners of the hospital have done a magnificent job of turning the old place into a home and I was fortunate enough to be shown through.

I have stayed upstairs where all the stories of hauntings took place and I cant say I felt anything sinister and again I was fortunate to stay in a beautiful building and pretended it was mine for just one night lol :clap: I have no doubt that people will feel things about this place because of all the stories that have been told but none of the 6 residents of the hospital and surrounding buildings would agree that this property is haunted iam not a sceptic but I see what the new owners go through with people wanting "tours" of the "haunted" place and it must be quite annoying to them.

So Iam sorry to hear that people are freaked out by this building to me it should be admired not feared it is an amazing place :-)

Robbie

I had a good friend that had gone there for a summer camp one year and even he doesn't want to talk about the place.

Awesome photos have been taken, people have been injured and the manifestation of a smell like that of decomposing flesh has been smelt by people.

The story is that a matron was raped and murdered in the building and is the base of the haunting.

It is that well known that TV crews have experienced happenings there. There is just so much stuff happening there it is nearly umbelievable! It is rated as one of the most haunted sites in Australia.

I've been there twice nut have never been able to get in. The first time the doors were boarded up( abit like a horror movie!) and me and my wife investigated the place. The place was truely creepy even at 2 in the afternoon, my wife the skeptic, refused to walk up to the door feeling a horrible feeling every time she went close to the steps!

The 2nd I wasn't able to get close to the place due to being bought and put in private residence, ( it did take about 4 years to sell at a very cheap price!).

If you want to hear of a "good un" as they say! Type in to google search "Old York Hospital." It will tell of some more ghost stories and photos. :wow:

#3 hinny45

hinny45

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:22 PM

If you want to hear of a "good un" as they say! Type in to google search "Old York Hospital." It will tell of some more ghost stories and photos. :)

Hello I was reading about your reply to The Old York Hospital which is situated outside of Perth in the town of York, back in the early 90's the family and myself stayed there as it was a YHA youth hostel and we stayed for christmas eve my husband and I my very young son, brother and his wife and kids as well as my mum, we had a great time we admit there was a strange smell , there was strange happenings but we were unharmed and we had a lovely night there and heard from the manager Walter at the time that it was spooked by an old Matron who was raped and threw herself off the balcony...

Back in the early 90's there was a tv special on about Australian Hauntings and Old York Hospital was on it I wonder if any one remembers please? as I would love to see it again, York Hospital was a lovely place!! I would love to be able to revisit it again ....knowing the fact someone has renovated it back to its glory days and may the Matron rest in peace...... :P

#4 agaue

agaue

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:36 PM

I don't know if any of you have been there recently, I haven't but i do know that there is a group called the "Ghostbusters" (yes I know they are real, google them) and they went throught the place quite a few years ago to cleanse the place and I had gone back just after and I didn't know this had happened at the time but I could not feel anything from the place anymore, noone got hurt I could walk through the back and it wasn't even boarded up. I had been going there intermittently for 6 months with a group of friends with similar interests, one was hit over the back of the head with something and the other guy had marks on his arm like someone had a fistful of needles and had punched him with it. We weren't alone. But this last time I went back I felt nothing.

#5 hinny44

hinny44

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:22 AM

I don't know if any of you have been there recently, I haven't but i do know that there is a group called the "Ghostbusters" (yes I know they are real, google them) and they went throught the place quite a few years ago to cleanse the place and I had gone back just after and I didn't know this had happened at the time but I could not feel anything from the place anymore, noone got hurt I could walk through the back and it wasn't even boarded up. I had been going there intermittently for 6 months with a group of friends with similar interests, one was hit over the back of the head with something and the other guy had marks on his arm like someone had a fistful of needles and had punched him with it. We weren't alone. But this last time I went back I felt nothing.

Hello thanks for that no!!! I have not been back but as far a sI know now, the house is owned by private residents eek!! I thought lol...

#6 tobilions

tobilions

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:34 AM

If you want to hear of a "good un" as they say! Type in to google search "Old York Hospital." It will tell of some more ghost stories and photos. :wow:

Hello I was reading about your reply to The Old York Hospital which is situated outside of Perth in the town of York, back in the early 90's the family and myself stayed there as it was a YHA youth hostel and we stayed for christmas eve my husband and I my very young son, brother and his wife and kids as well as my mum, we had a great time we admit there was a strange smell , there was strange happenings but we were unharmed and we had a lovely night there and heard from the manager Walter at the time that it was spooked by an old Matron who was raped and threw herself off the balcony...

Back in the early 90's there was a tv special on about Australian Hauntings and Old York Hospital was on it I wonder if any one remembers please? as I would love to see it again, York Hospital was a lovely place!! I would love to be able to revisit it again ....knowing the fact someone has renovated it back to its glory days and may the Matron rest in peace...... :)

I clearly remember the documentry you are talking about. It is called "Haunted". I first saw it in 87 on one of melboune's T.V. stations then again in 1990 as you have. It is a Australian documentary on Aussie Haunted buildings and sites including The York Hospital, the Clarkfield Hotel where a previous owner was pushed down the stairs and broke his ankle, The ship wreck "Alcamos" ( not sure of the exact spelling ) off the south W.A. coast, the ghost lady of an Adelaide suburban house, the footage of poltergeist activity in Melbourne from the 1960s plus others. I have been searching for a copy of this exellent home grown Doco for years. If you know where i can get a copy of it i would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by tobilions, 07 July 2009 - 07:36 AM.

#7 4wdtoppa

4wdtoppa

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:51 AM

Ha! I have a little story for you! many years after seeing that TV show Haunted or the Extraordinary or something? We went on a 4WD trip along the power line track that ended near YORK. As it happens I was talking about the OLD YORK HOSPITAL to the group and a fellow driver said he grew up in York. He had many stories about the place and one personal experience.

SO! anyway we all decided to ''CHECK IT OUT'' I was surprised that it wasnt in the center of town? As we all drove up to the place we noticed the big Raywhite 4 sale sign out the front and it looked as if it was there for some time? We parked out the front (7 4wd's 14 people) walked around the back and had a good look through the windows. We then went up the stairs and looked around. NOW, Befor I go on. We had this BIG bloke with us, 120kg's tats goaty etc. Generally abig mean looking BAD_WORD. Very tough too as I had done door work with him for years, and know he can look after himself in a scruff!

Anyway! I was about 10 feet away from him and he was looking through the back upstairs window. Cupping both hands around his face to get a good look in. Then we all heard a loud "SLAP" he jumped back white as a ghost (pun) looked at me in a ..Bewilderd look screamed like a 6year old school girl and ran down the stairs and out the front! We all stood there looking like WTF? We chased after him and when we got out the front some old bloke came over and told us all to piss off or he'll call the cops!

We left and went to the town park to find out what happend. He said he got slapped across the face while looking in the window! And he had a huge red welt to proove it too????
We have never been back!

Explain that BAD_WORD!!! :P

Edited by Vampchick21, 12 October 2009 - 09:11 AM.

#8 hinny46

hinny46

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

Back in the early 90's there was a tv special on about Australian Hauntings and Old York Hospital was on it I wonder if any one remembers please? as I would love to see it again, York Hospital was a lovely place!! I would love to be able to revisit it again ....knowing the fact someone has renovated it back to its glory days and may the Matron rest in peace...... :clap:

I clearly remember the documentry you are talking about. It is called "Haunted". I first saw it in 87 on one of melboune's T.V. stations then again in 1990 as you have. It is a Australian documentary on Aussie Haunted buildings and sites including The York Hospital, the Clarkfield Hotel where a previous owner was pushed down the stairs and broke his ankle, The ship wreck "Alcamos" ( not sure of the exact spelling ) off the south W.A. coast, the ghost lady of an Adelaide suburban house, the footage of poltergeist activity in Melbourne from the 1960s plus others. I have been searching for a copy of this exellent home grown Doco for years. If you know where i can get a copy of it i would greatly appreciate it.

Hi there I too have been searching and hunting for this documentery, I do rememeber it as it had the Old York hospital in it as well as other stories too so if any one has it or heard of it please!! let me know it would be most appreciated you can find me on Face book under Australian ghosts on my group page thanks ....

#9 hinny46

hinny46

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:18 PM

Ha! I have a little story for you! many years after seeing that TV show Haunted or the Extraordinary or something? We went on a 4WD trip along the power line track that ended near YORK. As it happens I was talking about the OLD YORK HOSPITAL to the group and a fellow driver said he grew up in York. He had many stories about the place and one personal experience.

SO! anyway we all decided to ''CHECK IT OUT'' I was surprised that it wasnt in the center of town? As we all drove up to the place we noticed the big Raywhite 4 sale sign out the front and it looked as if it was there for some time? We parked out the front (7 4wd's 14 people) walked around the back and had a good look through the windows. We then went up the stairs and looked around. NOW, Befor I go on. We had this BIG bloke with us, 120kg's tats goaty etc. Generally abig mean looking BAD_WORD. Very tough too as I had done door work with him for years, and know he can look after himself in a scruff!

Anyway! I was about 10 feet away from him and he was looking through the back upstairs window. Cupping both hands around his face to get a good look in. Then we all heard a loud "SLAP" he jumped back white as a ghost (pun) looked at me in a ..Bewilderd look screamed like a 6year old school girl and ran down the stairs and out the front! We all stood there looking like WTF? We chased after him and when we got out the front some old bloke came over and told us all to piss off or he'll call the cops!

We left and went to the town park to find out what happend. He said he got slapped across the face while looking in the window! And he had a huge red welt to proove it too????
We have never been back!

Explain that BAD_WORD!!! :clap:

Hey I believe you because the story to that place is that a matron was attacked by some man many years ago and maybe just maybe she slapped your friend across the face!! but that is a very unbelievable story that , we stayed in there for christmas eve 1994 and a couple of strange things happened there too but we were not harmed ...

#10 hinny46

hinny46

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:30 PM

There has been so much said about this magnificent building and I find it hard to believe that there would be any evil presence in this hospital which is now a lovely home. I live in the old care takers place and have done so for the past two years. The matrons quarters is also rented out and the old laundry has been turned into a granny flat and is also tennanted. The new owners of the hospital have done a magnificent job of turning the old place into a home and I was fortunate enough to be shown through.

I have stayed upstairs where all the stories of hauntings took place and I cant say I felt anything sinister and again I was fortunate to stay in a beautiful building and pretended it was mine for just one night lol :D I have no doubt that people will feel things about this place because of all the stories that have been told but none of the 6 residents of the hospital and surrounding buildings would agree that this property is haunted iam not a sceptic but I see what the new owners go through with people wanting "tours" of the "haunted" place and it must be quite annoying to them.

So Iam sorry to hear that people are freaked out by this building to me it should be admired not feared it is an amazing place :-)

Robbie

If you want to hear of a "good un" as they say! Type in to google search "Old York Hospital." It will tell of some more ghost stories and photos. :D

In response to Robbie,

that is great !! that your living in the caretakers cottage.Back in 1994 we stayed in the whole hospital as it was a YHA hostel back then , and this guy called'Walter stayed where you live.I have a book here at home and there was stories that the place was haunted. But if you think the place is not haunted now well good on you.I would love to revisit the old place and if I had the money I too would of purchased it ..You can email me direct if you want at roses42geordie@yahoo.com.au so we can chat more about the place thanks

Pauline

#11 Tutthync73

Tutthync73

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, racquet sports

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:56 PM

Interesting photos of old New York. Its cool to see old New York and a good reprieve from seeing too many modern New York photos. The Singer Building is now gone and is replaced with One Liberty Plaza.

#12 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:22 PM

It's not old New York. New York is in the United States of America. The haunted location discussed in this thread, titled "OLD YORK HOSPITAL, WEST AUSTRALIA" is to be found in a country called AUSTRALIA.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#13 opulent7

opulent7

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

Back in the early 90's there was a tv special on about Australian Hauntings and Old York Hospital was on it I wonder if any one remembers please? as I would love to see it again, York Hospital was a lovely place!! I would love to be able to revisit it again ....knowing the fact someone has renovated it back to its glory days and may the Matron rest in peace...... :lol:

I have uploaded this documentary on YouTube. It is called "Haunted" and the two segments that deal with the old York Hospital are:

Enjoy!

#14 hinny46

hinny46

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

Back in the early 90's there was a tv special on about Australian Hauntings and Old York Hospital was on it I wonder if any one remembers please? as I would love to see it again, York Hospital was a lovely place!! I would love to be able to revisit it again ....knowing the fact someone has renovated it back to its glory days and may the Matron rest in peace...... :)

I have uploaded this documentary on YouTube. It is called "Haunted" and the two segments that deal with the old York Hospital are:

Enjoy!

To the lovely person whom uploaded these short segments of The old York Hospital thanks a bunch!!! I am watching them now your a ledgend!!!!!!!!! DO YOU HAVE THE WHOLE DOCUMENTERY PLEASE? IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW ON FACEBOOK I AM PAULINE..... LOOK ME UP UNDER IF IT'S AUSTRALIAN PARANORMAL WHO KNOW'S!!!! AND AGAIN THANKS A LOT MOST APPRECIATED !!!

#15 AceCream

AceCream

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:01 AM

Can you post some pictures here taken in that old hospital? I am just thinking if that hospital have remaining medical devices used in previous when they get started to launched this hospital. The average death in that hospital is very high.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users