• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gladys

Gladys

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 08:18 AM

When someone dies in a traumatized way..say for instance a soldier on a battlefield and is still fighting the war over and over..wouldn't their former loved ones that have crossed over come to them and have them go to the light? I beleive in life after death and so I beleive that the soldiers beloved family would come to them and bring them home..so will they always be in the war...will they ever realize that their dead?

Karen

#2 wnterstar

wnterstar

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 08:45 AM

It may be a case of them not realizing they are dead.  Some spirits refuse to believe they are no longer among the living; like a traumatized person who can't remember an accident, or an attack.

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 08:57 AM

[move]Welcome to GV Gladys[/move]

Excellent question and I can offer you a firm, definite 'it depends' as an answer. In this field, as fascinating as it is, there are very few empirical answers, there are many variables and many exceptions.

Lets use the analogy of death in battle, large scale death, high emotions<determination, terror, adrenaline>its almost a textbook notion for a residual haunting*a true ghost event*if you have a viable source of natural energy or a natural/manmade element in the immediate environment.

As I was saying, it depends on a number of possible factors,
many of which we have no way of knowing since we cannot guess what was in the person's mind at the time.

Not realizing he/she died, in short they think they had only a close call rather than actually dying.

Will...especially in battle, either the determination to hold an area or the will to take it no matter what.

Bond to a living loved one.

Negative emotions, rage, denial

There are exceptions, to this and I suspect the person's personal spirituality has a great deal to do with it. As an example, a close friend of mine died in a car crash early this year, Billie had 2 kids under 11, one of whom was in the car with her but survived, but Billie crossed over a few hours after her body expired

Hope that helps a bit,
Whispers of fire

Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#4 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 10:00 AM

I agree with whispers_of_fire, very good explaination.

#5 Gladys

Gladys

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 10:29 AM

Ah! Very well put indeed!!!
Thanks!

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:48 PM

*Blushes*Thank you...but it is only an interpretation
since there are no clear cut, definitive answers, at least on this side of the Veil ;D ;)
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#7 Gladys

Gladys

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:56 PM

So True...so true...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users