Why can't I view a comment left to me?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ALKins

ALKins

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:30 PM

I have just registered today but obviously have validated it but seems there are a lot I can't view, why is this? This is the main error message I get: > Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:16 PM

This is because you do not have permission to use certain features of the site. You need at least 30 posts and then request for permission with the board administrator, to use various board features. This has been put in place since we had various issues that popped up sometime ago.

This is further explained HERE.

Namaste.
Posted Image

#3 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

Yep, she's THE GHOST....blame it ALL on her!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Scary things....

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:40 AM

Moonie is correct on all except one thing....you do not need to request permission. Once you hit 30 posts your account will automatically upgrade to regular member status. This will give you access to the Private Message system as well as the ability to view profiles.

#4 ALKins

ALKins

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:43 PM

Ah ok, thanks so much to the both of you. Others shouldn't be able to post comments then until they can view it.

#5 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

I don't know if it helps but I know how curiosity gets to me...the comment left to you is by one of our members, welcoming you to GV.

We are a very friendly people here who like to welcome newbies ;)
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#6 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:02 PM

So after I hit 30 posts I have to contact the admin for each forum? Or is there one general one? And how do you contact them when I can't send any emails?
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#7 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:11 PM

So after I hit 30 posts I have to contact the admin for each forum? Or is there one general one? And how do you contact them when I can't send any emails?

You don't need to contact anyone, the upgrade happens automatically on all forums. You also should be aware that certain forums, games, etc. do not count toward post count. We count those forums that directly deal with paranormal discussion since this is a paranormal forum. (Those forums in the Town Square)

Sorry it has to be this way, but it is a method of helping protect our members from those who would otherwise spam the members' PM stsyem. So just keep on posting your discussions on the board in various topics (No spamming though!) and when you hit 30 posts you will be granted full access.
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#8 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:26 PM

Totally understandable. Could maybe let new members know somehow though? Took my a while but finally found most of the answers I was looking for. Some members didn't even know about it.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#9 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:11 PM

Sorry you ran into that difficulty. I thought that the "Welcome to GV" email that went out when you registered explained this? I remember typing something up when the change went into affect for that.

#10 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:18 PM

I never received the welcome email I just checked. I had the validation one and then a couple today for adding some friends.

#11 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:21 PM

Hmmm...that's strange.....I thought there was one that you received after you validated your account. I'll have to look into that. May be another excuse to bug Jeff about an upgrade to the message boards some more!!!!

#12 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:27 PM

Lol :D

#13 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:31 AM

It's possible that your computer security put the email to you into your junk/spam folder. I always check that to make sure I'm not missing emails from places I've recently joined online.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users