• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 wallyworld

wallyworld

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 02:27 PM

Ok, for those of you wanting to know about this place. Here is my story. Back in 1983 our Friday nights were , get beer and go someplace to drink. The place of the night was Maltby. We had heard all the stories and I have had my share of ( sightings ) . If you are open to the other side, you are more prone to be effected by it. I didnt feel good about going to this place, gut feeling. And Im not one to get scared, Im the one jumping into anything to check it out. But not this time. As the guys drank there beer and my girlfriend and I stayed in the van, it was apparent they ment to freak us out. They dared us to cross the metal pillars. Anyone that has been there knows what Im talking about. On that note, we agreed. My girlfriend and I held hands, said a prayer and took three steps in past ( the gates to hell ) which was as simple as walking past the two pillars. How hard could that be ? Wrong. the air turned very misty, all sound was gone. We didnt hear a thing. At the same time without saying a word we turned to see the guys, they were yelling we could tell but we couldnt hear a word they were saying, we than heard noises from the grave sites to our left, at that point we both took off to run out, and like the movies, our feet wiped out and we hit the mud and beings as scared as we were and so close to the pillars we didnt even bother trying to stand we crawled back past the pillars. The moment we passed back, there was sound to the air and we heard the guys. We got up and ran to the van and insisted leaving ASAP.We couldnt at the time tell them what we felt, but it was clear they didnt have anything to do with it. I have never felt such evil before not do I ever want to. I grew up with ghosts in out home but not like that. There have been many people that traveled to that place, it was the ( High=School ) thing to do. Some people felt what we did, some just had a good time and didnt see or feel anything. But the fact is, its a very evil place. From the minute you leave the main road to go up the gravel, its not a good place. I never went back, but heard they have cleaned it up alot, repaired it, ( its not the same ) there were stories they had many spirit guides try to put the souls to rest. There were cars that were said to have been chased out of there by devil worshipers and crashed on the hillside out, the cars were there. The story is you could still hear them screaming if you listened. That I didnt sit around to hear. But they were said to have taken the cars out years ago. ?? Not going back to find out!

#2 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 07:10 PM

Hi wallyworld, welcome to gv. I looked around a bit for info about this place and this is what I found. That is a very interesting piece of info you supplied. I hope you will post often, and dont be a stranger.

http://www.geocities...ecauseitisgood/

http://axgxhxoxsxt.t...itions/id2.html

http://www.allwhowan...by_cemetery.htm

http://www.rootsweb....om/oldmaltb.htm
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#3 wallyworld

wallyworld

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 08:58 AM

thanks, I like hearing what everyone has to say. I have had a ( open mind ) to what I call,"the other side " since I was very young. Kinda nice to tell stories about them without people thinking your nuts! LOL

#4 Jhangles

Jhangles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 09:45 AM

In this pic
http://www.allwhowan...maltbycem02.jpg

From this site that was posted:
http://www.allwhowan...by_cemetery.htm

On the head stone it reads "Order of Pendo"

Does anyone know what that was?  I've done a little research, but haven't found anything very recent for it.  It's seems like it was or is a fraternal organisation much like freemasonry...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
-Jhangles
Killing never solves anything~ But it keeps people out of your hair while you think about what to do...

#5 wallyworld

wallyworld

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 03:51 PM

If I recall from searching around, I believe someone said it was a sort of sign dealing with witchcraft, blackmagic. I will try to find where I saw that.  ???

#6 wallyworld

wallyworld

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:33 PM

Ok, still not the full answer, but a start. A weird one the more I find. But ( The Order of Pendo )is part of the, Secret,Fraternal,and other Societies. I have read a few stories involving this and nothing is saying exactly what it is. But seems to have started in San Diego mid 1800's. I have more digging to do.

#7 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 12:38 PM

Wow. that story was scary!! I cant beleive you experienced something like that!! and your girlfriend is she ok now?? Does she have nightmares because I am a girl and I would of ran so fast You all would of thought I was spider man! lol
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#8 literarybear

literarybear

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 04:37 PM

Growing up in Carnation, WA, I heard a lot about Maltby Cemetary.  Any reasons why it may be inhabited by malevolent spirits?

#9 wallyworld

wallyworld

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:09 PM

there are alot of stories on that one, the one I heard the most was it used to be an Indian grave site at first. Would be kinda cool to get the real scoop. Have to do alot of digging on that one. :-/

#10 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:40 AM

I've grown up in Monroe, about 10 miles from Maltby, I'm still here and I've never heard stories about an indian burial site being there. Most of the tribes that inhabited this area in the 1800's, were generally based near rivers and bays. If they were near lakes, those lakes were closer to the lower levels of the land. Like the Snoqualamie tribe along the Sammamish and Snoqualimie water ways, Snohomish tribes were up and down the Skykomish and Snohomish river, as well as up and down my area of Woods Creek, they were later gathered in the later 1800's into one tribe named the Tulalip, on the bay in Marysville.
I think for the most part, kids would go up there and party, I did once, was too drunk to know anything creepy that went on. But I think for the most part, the urban legends were created by those who listened to the spirits of Jack Daniels. Hence loosing your rational thinking from alcohol and drugs. How many people do you validate they're experiences if they're all f**ked up? If anyone remembers being young, and full of emotions, having a bit of drink, smoke, and little square patches might induce alot of the legend behind Maltby. I'm sensitive to spirits and ghosts, and I hiked up there a couple years ago and took a bunch of photos. I felt nothing malevolent there except the residual energy of those of the living.
I'm not saying theres not your typical ghosts that roam Maltby cemetery, but to the extreme of the legends, I doubt it.

#11 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 01:07 PM

Not nuts just a real person who see's the world in the real way. People fail to realize that this world has tales, stories, ghosts, all of that. I love learning about our history because its nice to know that there is life after death..
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#12 jenn

jenn

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:28 PM

Wally I was a few years behind you in HS and THE place to go to hang out was the Maltby Cemetery. I graduated in 1993 and let me tell you when I was in Junior High we went out there and I had some freaky shtuff happen to myself and my 3 friends...I have never been back, I still have nightmares about the feelings, it was evil, I get goosbumps just thinking about it now. I wonder how it is after all these years. I have heard a little history behind it but i cant remember it exacitaly, I belive it was originally owned by a man who wanted to "worship his own way" but again its been years....I have thought about going back to see what i can "dig" up(not in the literal sence mind you :)) but I am waaaayy to scared to go by myself.

#13 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 07:55 AM

Maltby cemetery was first owned by the Doolittle family, then deeded to the community. Later since the ride up to it was rough, and the community moved down into the Maltby area, Bear Creek cemetery was developed.

#14 DeusExVeritas

DeusExVeritas

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 12:29 AM

Tyler's Cemetery story part 1 - January 13, 2006. (roughly 3:00 AM)
I live in Kenmore Washington (25 minutes away) and have only had a handful of occasions when I had to be in Maltby (mostly for soccer games) but after hearing about the cemetery so much recently I decided I must check it out. Before I set out on my journey I had a little chat with my Mom, a very understanding person. I asked her about the cemetery (which she had visited with her boyfriend during the 70's) but unfortunately she didnt have much to say. She warned me against getting arrested and told me it was pretty creepy when she went, but she doesn't recall whether or not she actually went down the 13 steps (supposedly still intact when she went) When we were done with our chat I gathered my closest friends and we headed out to the Cemetery. (8 of us in all). We arrived at the dirt road and began driving down it (very painful for me since I drive a 67 Chevy Nova without power brakes or steering) We arrived in a muddy lot with a tire and a wall of dirt (likely pushed back by a bulldozer during renovations in the past years) We noted the many 'No tresspassing' , 'Absolutely no parking anytime' and 'tresspassers will be prosecuted' signs and nervousness set in. We parked in the muddy lot and walked down the trail (2-4 minute walk) and reached a fork in the road. Both paths looked very scary (I think I sh*t out my heart) and we noticed an address sign pointing in either direction and one underneath that had been made out of tagboard or something. My friend's cousin said something silly like 'I feel really bad vibes coming from the path on the right' which is ironic since it was the path on the left that lead to the cemetery... Anyway, the group decided (6/8 majority) that both paths simply lead to houses and we should turn back and go home. Myself and a giant cambodian crazy-man named Rikki (who had a Katana at the time) were the only ones who wanted to go down the paths. Needless to say, we called it quits, but now as I am writing this, my friends and I are planning our next excursion to the graveyard... tonight at 11:30! (1/14/06) Find out the results next time on... Tyler's Cemetery story...

#15 velmajade

velmajade

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:anything connected to japan, listening to my amazing emo and indie and alternative music, going to concerts, playing video games (especially rpgs), spending time with my friends, reading fantasy novels, writing poetry, short stories, and anything else that comes to mind, dancing, clubbing, city nights, california, vampires, going out to bubble tea, coffee, jamba juice, and chai, swimming, playing settlers of catan and lunch money and carcassonne, going on random adventures with my friends to find locations such as bruce lee's grave, kurt cobain's house, maltby cemetery (its haunted!), and andrew's rainbow house (just about the craziest thing you'll ever see), turning the pineapple upside-down cake mix boxes upside down in the grocery stores (aka the reign of terror), watching funny, interesting, scary, or strange movies, and going to my favorite pub, the irish emigrant.

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:29 PM

The GPS coordinates for the actual cemetery are 47 46′ 39.65″N, 122 04′ 33.70″W. To get there, get onto I-405 and take onramp onto US-2/WA-522 E (exit 23) to Woodinville/Wenatchee.

Stay on that highway, and after about 6 miles, turn right on Paradise Lake Rd, which will be the first traffic light you come to. Then follow Paradise Lake Rd for about 2.5 miles.

On the right hand side, across from a small housing development, there will be a dirt pullout. Park there and go up the path that heads parallel to the road up the hill...if you're facing away from the road, it's on the left hand side. Follow that path until you come to a clearing with a big house in it...the cemetery is on the left side of the yard, interspersed with trees and shrubs.

I had fun going there, there is a pentagram on one of the headstones, though we didn't find any 13 Steps to Hell or anything like that. On the downhill side of the path to the cemetery, there is a car with a tree growing through it! That has to be the creepiest thing I saw there...I have no idea how the car got there, but it's held up by only the tree. Another creepy thing that happened was that while we were there, fog started rolling in so that by the time we were leaving, it was really misty. My roommate and I had been taking photos of the graves, and we started taking photos of one another and of the area around us, and she took a photo in which there is a giant, creepy face in the fog.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)