31 replies to this topic

#1 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:51 PM

Dave and I were talking last night about residual hauntings and while a intelligent haunting can interract with the living, we were wondering what are your thoughts on what would cause the effect of a residual haunting to occur? Is it another plane/ dimension? Do you think it could be a time warp of sorts? What would break the effects of the time loop? and what are some in your area that you have heard of? Thanks, Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#2 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:32 PM

This is the area of the paranormal that has me confussed on and I will admit it! Why and how does this happend? This type of haunting does not make sense to me one bit. Julie and myself butted heads for a good hour last night on this subject. I won! He he!! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#3 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

You won??? ROTFLMAO!!! Debates not over yet, honey bunches!! Love ya, Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#4 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:39 PM

I think residual hauntings are caused by extreme emotion. The energy kind of sticks until it wears off or someone cleans it up. Kind of like when you fry something in the kitchen... you get grease all over the place and have to clean it up or the kitchen smells like whatever you fried forever.

#5 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

Basically, there are certain types of elements (like limestone and a few others, as well as some things are made with limestone and such in them) act like a recorder. They will play things over and over. And if some traumatic emotional event occurs (like a murder, extreme emotional trauma by a living person, etc) occurs the element can hold on to it and replay it over and over, henceforth a residual haunting. They are not actual ghosts, but just like watching a movie over and over. I have a friend in DAllas whom used to live in another area where limestone is rather heavy. Her and her husband had a huge, very traumatic fight one day. She went into the kitchen, put her head into her hands and said "I can't do this anymore, I just cant" well a few weeks later she saw what she thought was a ghost who was doing the same exact thing, but she had forgotten that she had done that. She called to her husband to come see and he reminded her that she does that same thing when they argue. they have both seen this many times.
Posted Image

#6 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

That's one of the points I was making to Dave, referring to the emotional state. But why does this happen? I kind of get what you mean when you talk about the "limestone theory." We've had similar haunting events occur while conducting many investigations into Morely Music Hall, it's made from Bedford Limestone, but with the evidence that we collected it was more of a intelligent haunting than residual and we had even taken EMF readings inside near the base of the building and outside beside the limestone completely around...we have yet to pick up any energy spikes from the limestone. I agree that we have picked up many EVP mentioning "old fashioned" names...such as Johna and William, ect., but that's as close as a residual haunting that has ever occured on any investigation that we have conducted. But what gets me is why would anyone want to come back a relive such a tragic event over and over again....not unless they don't know they're dead? and how would one intervene when it's not in anyway close to having an intelligent haunting effect? If the deceased cannot interact or have any means of a communication method then how can we as the living contact them or help? Just some more food for thought...Julie

#7 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

As far as a residual haunting goes, it's not the actual ghost/spirit that has come back to "re-live" that traumatic event" but rather the energy that was exerted while it happened got "embedded" into the limestone, etc. and it's the element that is re-playing it There is no actual spirit/ghost. And, nope,you won't pick up on any abnormal emf's or temps on the limestone, it's just a rock. But this rock acts like a video player that is broke, or like a broken record, it "replays" the same event over and over with voices and all. But no, no actual ghost/spirit is involved.
Posted Image

#8 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:15 PM

Ive had this discussion myself. My question is not so much the hows, its the whys. A friend lives in a large house built by slaves in central Alabama. (Yes there is limestone there) Up until a few years ago she would occasionally see the image of her great great grandfather in law. He would be crossing a room or climbing the steps. There was no great emotion involved. He would simply be passing through, a tape playing over and over.
Why was that moment in time recorded to be played over and over?

Edited by Amylew, 30 January 2008 - 09:15 PM.

There is nothing left to say.Me

#9 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:46 PM

I think it's just the residual energy playing itself over and over. So if a person walked a certain path in his home several times a day or lived in a house for several years, the energy is imprinted in the room. It's the same way that some rooms or objects just feel a certain way. It's the energy within them. It's not a ghost, it's just the memory of the energy that person or people who occupied an area held.

Energy also gets attached to objects by the meaning they have for the owners. For example, I had a picture in my dining room that served as a reminder of my two great uncles who drowned together at ages 14 and 15. Although the painting was not of them, for our family it was representative of them. I was told to take the picture down by my mentor Julie, within hours the negative feeling in the room was gone.

Now here's what I wonder, if I sell that painting to a person who is sensitive will he/she feel the same sense of sadness it evoked for our family? Julie felt it immediately because she is an empath and psychic, my daughter never liked it, my mom never liked it and happily gave it to me, I never liked it but felt a responsibility to my grandmother (it was her brothers who died) to hang it. I'm glad it's gone.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#10 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:47 PM

Kira, I really think that it depend on how sensitive the "sensitive" is. there are several levels of sensitivity. And even with a strong sensitive, it may not bother them given they may be able to ignor it.
Posted Image

#11 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

Kira, I really think that it depend on how sensitive the "sensitive" is. there are several levels of sensitivity. And even with a strong sensitive, it may not bother them given they may be able to ignor it.

I'm inclined to agree---and it may even be that energy that feels "negative" to some may in some cases be pleasant to others. I know that plenty of people get creeped out by the energy they feel in antique stores and cemeteries, whereas I go to those places specifically to feel good feelings. After all, remembrance of the dead isn't really a bad thing, though it sometimes may be painful.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#12 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:35 PM

All very interesting thoughts and opinions!! :hug: Thanks for the replys!! I still have to ponder this area of this type paranormal activity for a spell. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#13 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:07 AM

LOL, Dave, that's what discussion is for. I'm with the majority here, although I don't think that emotion has to always have something to do with it the same way I don't think all hauntings are 'evil' or 'demons'. I have always thought that it's simply left over energy. For example, I do embroidery. Say I do my stitching everyday at 2:00 in the afternoon. I do this every single day from when I moved here to when I die, say forty years or so. The next occupant lives here for a couple of years, but doesn't believe in anything spiritual or supernatural, so never notices a thing. The next family here might have someone who is more open to things, sensitive, or whatever you want to call it. That person notices movement in the area that I used to sit and stitch one afternoon. So said person starts to actively look for something to happen - and notices every afternoon around 2:00 there is a figure of a woman bent over an embroidery stand. What they decide this is will depend on their upbringing, outside influences such as movies, friend's opinions, and it will also depend on their imagination. Say I have been dead for five years when this person sees my image sewing. I would be wearing jeans and a tee shirt most likely - as I do now. But this person's ideas and imagination tell her she is seeing a woman in a nineteenth century outfit because this person's ideas of ghosts are that they are from long ago, and not recent, creating a whole new story that will be about a woman from the 1800s who embroiders while she waits for her lover to return from a conflict of some sorts. I included that thought because I have noticed that the vast majority of annectodes about hauntings seem to be similar - people seem to report that the person was dressed either in nineteenth century garb, or older, or the report that it was dressed in clothing from the '20s/30s. You don't often hear about someone seeing an apparition dressed like they were in the '1980s for example. But that is another discussion, not for this one.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#14 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:18 AM

Ah, could it be because the 80's were a bad fashion faux, just kidding! I'm sure there is a residual haunting out there from the 80's...possibly a suicide or murder, Julie

#15 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:52 PM

I'm inclined to agree---and it may even be that energy that feels "negative" to some may in some cases be pleasant to others. I know that plenty of people get creeped out by the energy they feel in antique stores and cemeteries, whereas I go to those places specifically to feel good feelings. After all, remembrance of the dead isn't really a bad thing, though it sometimes may be painful.

lol, I love the calmness of cemetarys and antique stores. i have all my life. I used to get excited as a kid to go to these kinds of places. (and still do).
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users