• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hoppip

hoppip

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 04:29 AM

I visited a cemetary in Delaware once while doing research for my family geneology.  My sister went on one side and I went on the other.  In the middle there was a willow tree and an old boarded up church.  

I noticed a man in the middle of the cemetary leaning on the willow tree waving at me.  I waved back he stayed there the whole time.  I thought he was a caretaker.  When I was finished on the side of the cemetary the I was researching I walked over to where my sister was.  She was right in the corner of the cemetary next to the oldest graves in the cemetary.  A powerful wind picked up and it started to rain (but only in the spot that we were in :o)  The man was still there under the tree.  I said to my sister are you ready to leave and she said yes.  As we walked by that tree I nudged her and aked "Do you know that man"  she looked over and said "What man?"  Well, my sister said she never wants to go back to that cemetary again.  I really dont blame her.  It was spooky with the unexplained wind and rain just in the spot over where it was the oldest and the man that only I could see.  I know he saw me because he waved at me.  Wouldnt it be nice if these souls could just walk up and talk to us like ordinary people. ;D    

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 12 June 2003 - 07:22 AM

That is a very cool account!  I have never seen weather do something like that...even in a cemetery!  It is very strange indeed.  It would sure be nice if a spirit could just sit down with us and explain it all but I think the chances of that are fairly slim! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 MTV

MTV

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 10:04 AM

I think they probaly try.But it would be nice,if you could sit and have a long chat,but as every body know's, you will have a chance to talk. ;)

#4 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 09:07 PM

That is strange indeed. Makes you wonder sometimes. If only you had any idea of what you were seeing would you have had the courage to speak to him. I doubt I would have but I would like to think that I could have.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#5 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 09:26 PM

That's a really awesome story melody! I also wonder if ghosts are just as afraid of us, as we are of them. I wonder if that could be a reason we can't really talk to them as easily as we'd like!
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#6 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 04:06 AM

Great story melody! I know i've had several encounters in a cemetery, think the dead try and reach out and alot of people just get too busy to notice or don't have an open mind, as for the weather, everytime my grandmother is around, the wind will blow, very odd but always reassures me shes there ;)
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users