Lansing Michigan - Blood Cemetery in Laingsburg

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 spiritrealm

spiritrealm

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:ghost hunting, paranormal events of all kinds!

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:08 PM

I work with a paranormal group here in Lansing, and currently we are working on some urban legend investigations. One local one is the Blood Cemetery out by Laingsburg (north of Lansing). We are soliciting any stories from people that have heard about this place, or have visited this location and have anything to share. Even if you have been there and saw nothing, we would love to hear from you! I have only found one account online from the same guy, and most of it sounds made up (as most urban legends are), so I would love to get other accounts.

Thanks for any help!!

Kim

#2 Briconklin4673

Briconklin4673

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:50 AM

Hi Kim!
My name is Brianna Conklin and I was raised in Laingsburg. I have heard lots of stories and I have personally been to Blood Cemetery. The story i have heard was there was the Doctor, Doctor Blood that hung himself in the big old tree at the back of the cemetery. And it has been said if you climb that tree he will push you out. Now my friend who is in his early 40's told me a story of his friends and himself going to that cemetery on many occasions. The first time they went there, they decided to break the gravestone (immature as it may be) so they went there and yes they did break many of the stones that you still see now. But one boy took it a step further and they stole one, He remember it being very heavy! He got into the back of a truck and they decided to push it out the moving truck. it broke precisely in three places. They went back again a few months later to do it all again. But this time the same boy that pushed that gravestone was dared to climb that tree the doc hung himself in. Of course he took the challenge and wouldn't you know it, he fell. They rushed him to the hospital and his leg was broken in precisely in three places. Spooky? There is another story he told me, about Another time he went there they were breaking stones again and knocking them over. Well, my friend actually picked one up and he said it was very light. He thought it was strange because he lifted it right up, so he slammed it on the ground to try to break it, and it didn't break and he tried to pick it up again, and he could not pick up that stone. All his friends tried to pick that stone up and it would NOT BUDGE!! So i thought that was pretty creepy. Ok my stories are unfortunately not very eventful. I went there many times with friends on devil's night and Halloween. We've done ( i can't spell it) sayonses (trying to communicate with the dead) the only thing that happened was that we asked for a sign and all the candles went out at once. I was 14 so it scared the crap out of me! Nobody was brave enough to climb the tree, We did hear many strange noises. my friend and I swear we heard whispering in the field behind the cemetery. I know i heard something. But most of the time we would just scare ourselves and only stay for a little while because we would get creeped out. I haven't been there since i was 16, I don't really plan on going back. I'll tell you one thing. When your there at night you do feel something there. Someone watches you when your there and i believe that. But the one rule is NEVER EVER go there alone. Because it's said you go there by yourself, you won't come back.

#3 Paranormal Michigan Books

Paranormal Michigan Books

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:16 AM

I work with a paranormal group here in Lansing, and currently we are working on some urban legend investigations. One local one is the Blood Cemetery out by Laingsburg (north of Lansing). We are soliciting any stories from people that have heard about this place, or have visited this location and have anything to share. Even if you have been there and saw nothing, we would love to hear from you! I have only found one account online from the same guy, and most of it sounds made up (as most urban legends are), so I would love to get other accounts.

Thanks for any help!!

Kim

Kim,
I am the co-author of an upcoming book about haunted locations, local legends, etc. for the Lansing, MI and surrounding areas. I would love to feature your team's research and efforts in the book, if you are interested. I can always use the help with research and exploration as I live in Grand Haven and do not get the chance to go to Lansing often.

I am sure that you have some locations that I haven't heard about yet and I have some locations that I really would like a team to check out for me.

Please email me at nicole@paranormalmichigan.com if you are interested in helping out.

I also have info on the infamous "Dr. Blood" as well. That cemetery is going to be in the upcoming book.

#4 Felicia

Felicia

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:08 PM

hi, my name is felicia, and I've heard of blood cemetary, but i've never been there, and i'd like to go there, i just don't know the exact location. but i know people who have been there and have experienced many weird things.

I'm totally intreged by paranormal stuff, and my friends and i are always going out and checking places out that are believed to be haunted.
I was wondering, have you heard of Seven Gables in Dansville, MI? it's a pretty creepy place and we've had many weird things happen out there. It's definately a place you should check out if you haven't already.

#5 Paranormal Michigan Books

Paranormal Michigan Books

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

hi, my name is felicia, and I've heard of blood cemetary, but i've never been there, and i'd like to go there, i just don't know the exact location. but i know people who have been there and have experienced many weird things.

I'm totally intreged by paranormal stuff, and my friends and i are always going out and checking places out that are believed to be haunted.
I was wondering, have you heard of Seven Gables in Dansville, MI? it's a pretty creepy place and we've had many weird things happen out there. It's definately a place you should check out if you haven't already.

Felicia...send me an email and tell me about your experiences there. I am adding a chapter about this legend and I would love to have more personal experiences to add to it.

My email address is nicole@paranormalmichigan.com

#6 Ed Smith

Ed Smith

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:24 AM

My name is Ed. I've had a few experiences with Blood Cemetery. The first was in broad daylight. Myself and a couple friends decided to go check the place out. It didn't really look like much, just your average old small cemetery. We hadn't seen anything but we did go in and look around a bit. After a little searching we found Dr Blood's headstone. While looking at the headstone I noticed some minor cracks in the stone with a red stain that seemed to be coming from the inside out and kind of ran down the stone a little bit. After hanging out at that stone for about 15 minutes we decided to leave. We had been at the cemetery for about an 1hr by then. The car we were in was a 79' olds cutlass supreme (for those that know about cars). We piled into the car and went to leave but for some odd reason the car wouldnt start. We tried to start it for about 10 minutes off and on until it finally started. From there we drove for about 5 minutes until the car over heated. Bear in mind that cars dont usually overheat that quickly. The car overheated 3 more times after that on our way back to Lansing, each time pulling off the road to let the engine cool down.
The next time I visited was at night. Myself and the same 2 friends from the first trip wanted to check it out at night. We went and immediately went to Blood's grave. Everything seemed normal at first, then I started to get this eery feeling we were being watched. I told my friends about this and so we shifted out attention to the rest of the cemetery. Just as we turned we saw a dark figure move from behind 1 tree to another. We investigated the tree it moved to and found nothing. There were no other bushes or trees to go behind from there so we booked back to the car and tore out of there.
My 3rd and final experience was after I had told some friends of the crazy experience I had had there a few months prior and they all (4 people other than myself) decided they wanted to check this out as well. I was reluctant to go but after constant pressuring they had persuaded me to go back again. We went that night. I didn't really want to go in but they didn't know where to find the grave so on my guard went in and took them to the stone. Everything seemed ok and so they all gathered around and asked me to take a picture of them around the stone. I pulled out the polaroid and snapped the shot. After an uneventful trip we left and went back to my place. When we returned we pulled out the polaroid shot I had taken and we all looked at it in amazement. It seemed that half of the picture was undeveloped and actually looked like it had been burned but there was no damage to the picture itself.
I know these experiences sound crazy but they are true and they are exactly why I will never go back there again. I'm interested in ghosts and the paranormal but those experiences were down right bone chilling for me.

#7 CCV

CCV

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:07 PM

Everyone has been talking about blood cemetery for as long as i can remember. i went there last night and it really wasn't that creepy. it was like any other cemetery, just more broken head stones. On my way out the cemetery i did hear what seemed to be footsteps walking behind me, and my girlfriend did think she saw someone walking near the back fence of the cemetery when we were the last ones out. but we also were really tired and have no solid evidence to back up our experiences. but i do plan on going back there in the future. seven gables is creepier in my opinion.

#8 MarkS223

MarkS223

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:32 PM

Kim, I'm from the Lansing/Charlotte area and was wondering if I could investigate with your group sometime...Mark_Spiker@yahoo.com

Thanks for any help!!

Kim

#9 JALA

JALA

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:38 PM

Hi Kim,
I was recently told about Blood Cemetery by a co-worker. The story I was told is that back in the '50s a local man was accused of murder. The police hunted him down and killed him without a trial and the man was buried in Blood Cemetery. The man's family, believing he was innocent held seances at his grave site.

I was told that Blood Cemetery was an over grown graveyard with an iron fence bearing the name of the place.

My wife and I located and visited this cemetery today and found the gravestones of the Blood family.

Posted Image

It turns out to be just a small country cemetery with a chain link fence, two gates, lots of broken grave markers, and surrounded by houses. No creepy iron gate saying "Blood Cemetery". In fact the creepiest thing about his place is how some IDIOTS can so carelessly desecrate grave stones that are over a century old. This is history being lost, and yes people, history is important. Only by knowing and preserving our history can we avoid repeating the mistakes of the past. Dr. Blood was not some infamous figure, just a man who passed away nearly a century ago. If you go there, PLEASE respect the markers of those who have passed on before us.

Jim, (Shiawassee County)

#10 RenegadeRose

RenegadeRose

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:22 AM

There used to be an old house on the property near Blood Cemetary in Laingsburg...it later burned down. However before it burned down several of my friends visited both the house and the cemetary. I was told that while you were in the house you could sometimes hear a train go by...that used to travel near the property but was no longer running. Also I'm told that in the basement of the house there were tunnels and one of my friends experienced touching something boney in the dark near the end of one...his flashlight had failed. Needless to say he cut out of there quickly. Back in the late 60's I worked in a drugstore...one of the family members...a Mrs. Blood used to come in and fill her prescriptions...we used to joke that she was in for her vampire pills...not kind...but we were teenagers and a bit silly.

#11 Brad07

Brad07

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:18 AM

There used to be an old house on the property near Blood Cemetary in Laingsburg...it later burned down. However before it burned down several of my friends visited both the house and the cemetary. I was told that while you were in the house you could sometimes hear a train go by...that used to travel near the property but was no longer running. Also I'm told that in the basement of the house there were tunnels and one of my friends experienced touching something boney in the dark near the end of one...his flashlight had failed. Needless to say he cut out of there quickly. Back in the late 60's I worked in a drugstore...one of the family members...a Mrs. Blood used to come in and fill her prescriptions...we used to joke that she was in for her vampire pills...not kind...but we were teenagers and a bit silly.

hi i was woundering if you knew the location of the cemetary cuse ive heard alot about it and would realy like to check it out

#12 Brad07

Brad07

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:22 AM

Hi I Was Woundering If Anyone Knows Ware This Cemetarys Location Is Cuse Ive Heard Alot About It Please If You Know Ware It Is Let Me Know Cuse Id Realy Like To Check It Out For Myself You Can Email Me At Brad07_ccc_cute@yahoo.com Thannk You And Have A Great Day

Edited by Vampchick21, 13 May 2010 - 10:39 PM.

#13 JacobConway2000

JacobConway2000

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

I grew up in the blood house, you want stories? you have no clue! stay away those demons will follow you!!! this is not a legend I have been working with my pastor on resolving this rage anger that I have. I was an infant in that house and that son of a BAD_WORD demon has been following my family for year, it's only trough the power of Jesus Christ that I will have victory over it.

Don't look into it unless you want hell

My mom can tell you more stories than your mind can handle

You better be a God loving person if you mess around with demons!!!

No ghost people Jesus was the only Ghost ever in history

these are demons and the same bastards that cause old man blood to murder his wife

Edited by Vampchick21, 13 May 2010 - 10:39 PM.
removed phone number

#14 Frogs

Frogs

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

Thanks for any help!!

Kim

#15 Frogs

Frogs

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:03 PM

Here's my story and memories of the old Blood Cemetery: Any people who live in the area of the cemetery know about it's reputation. It's named for the Blood family, a pioneering family in the area. I went to school with several Blood kids; nice family too. In the 70's there was a metal arched sign over the entrance with the name of the cemetery. That's no longer there. We went there several times as teenagers and it's spooky with unexplained noises and movements. It made all of us very uncomfortable. If you take pictures there they will be full of orbs. In the mid to late 70's there was a terrible accident on the corner of Round Lake Rd. and old 27. A car-full of teenagers ran the stop sign with several being killed, and if I remember correctly, only one survivor. Some were decapitated in the accident. The surviving teen was hysterical as he talked to police stating that they had been at the Blood cemetery just hanging out when something began to chase/attack them. They fled in their car driving as fast as they could but the 'thing' kept chasing them trying to run them off the road, even trying to get in the car. Their flight ended in the crash with several gruesome deaths and a very frightened survivor who pleaded with the police to not let 'it' get him, too. Was quite the talk of the neighborhood for some time. I wouldn't go there to deliberatly seek out spirits unless you know how to protect yourself. Start with carrying a black tourlemine stone . . .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users