• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 angelinthedark19

angelinthedark19

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:30 AM

I have been thinking about adoption for my son, but i'm not really sure if i want to go through with it...The birthfather is still around..but he is leaving for the airforce in april...thats when my  baby is due, and we are very very poor, we live with his mother as of now, but I'm going back up to ny to live with my mother after he leaves, and when he returns a few months later we are going to be moving around alot, i want to do the right thing, but i'm not really sure what that is as of now, i love my son very much, but like i said i want to think of him over what i want, i am working with an adoption agent but i'm a strong wiccan, and would like to place him with a wiccan family, Its seems though that there arn't alot of wiccan familys looking at adoption...i'm not sure what to do...any advice would be great...
---Andora    :-/

#2 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 01:42 PM

Angel, are you getting any professional counseling from anyone, I mean the emotional kind.  I strongly encourage you to ask your adoption agent to provide you with some professional emotional couseling.  You need some one on one with a professional with whom you can explain all the details to and who can give you well rounded feedback. I'm afraid that for the seriousness of your situation this site can't provide what you need.  You are dealing with a decision that's going to affect you for the rest of your life and you need to best assistance you can get.  You need to talk to someone who can help you arrive at some answers.  You'll get opinions here, some good, some bad but we would be giving you basically uneducated opinions.  I will be rooting for you and do let us know how it all works out for you.  Courage to you on and lots of love!

Hawkers
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#3 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 01:45 PM

This is too serious a topic to give an opinion to! I wish you all the best as well Angel.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#4 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:38 PM

Moving to the religion board for a better response.

#5 NASCARGURL1

NASCARGURL1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Location:x1|TORONTO|Canada|canada|379|399|ON,Ontariox1|TORONTO|Canada|canada|379|399|ON,Ontariox1|TORONTO|Canada|canada|379|399|ON,Ontari

Posted 28 January 2004 - 04:08 PM

The birthfather is still around..but he is leaving for the airforce in april...thats when my  baby is due,

Does this mean that hes not going to be supporting you or the baby when he gets his salary from the air force?

Please give this alot of thought. There are alot of people out there that wholeheartedly want to give a child a good home thru adoption (my husband and I being two of them)but I know a few people who have given up children and a few people who have been adopted. Some of their stories are wonderful and some of them arent. So please be absolutely sure of this decision.

Please dont get counselling from the people at the adoption agencies as they only have their paying clients wishes at heart and their wishes are that you give up your baby.

Have you spoken to the father of this baby about adoption? If so what are his wishes? If you give the child up they will need his permission to do so.

Good luck Angel in this situation and I hope you and your baby are blessed. Take care of yourself ...all my best!  :'(

#6 AcidicTears

AcidicTears

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 05:01 PM

I wish I could help!

#7 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 05:57 PM

but there is always help.  Prayer is not confined to any one religion or foundation of ones beliefs.  Prayer is power.  Prayer is faith put to use. Give her a prayer in selfless love that her answers may be shown to her.  I know I will tonight.  They may not be the answer she hopes for, but they hopefully are the answer that is the sensible choice.    
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#8 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 06:17 PM

My prayers are with you Angel on any decision you come to, my only advice to you is that you think it through, every possiblity and maybe, like Hawk suggested seek professional counseling and definately talk it over with the father, theres no right or wrong answers, whatever choice you come to is purely out of love for your son and I wish you lots of love and blessings

~Becca~
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#9 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 06:26 PM

Angel, it is good that you have family to help you in these trying times.  I am not going to pretend to understand the fear and confusion you are facing right now. However, I would ask you to please take your time and don't make any rash decisions, for sometimes, we don't get to undo choices.  
    If the father is joining the airforce, that will increase your income and provide you some stability.  As for moving a lot, there are many children born into military families and moving around.  The nice thing is that the community that you move to will understand what you are dealing with and be able to offer you support.  You will find that not only do you have your "normal" family, but you will become part of a military family also.
   I wish you the best
Posted Image

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,351 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 28 January 2004 - 07:24 PM

GOD BLESS Prayers with you to help you make the right decision!
Posted Image

#11 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 08:20 AM

prayers and signs will show you the correct path.  the answer will come to you.  sometimes the correct answer is not the one we want or expect - i pray for your peace and the peace and guidance of your son - may you both walk in light, together or apart, and i KNOW that you will come to the right answer.  
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#12 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 10:10 PM

Do you belong to any kind of Wiccan social/spiritual network? You could even mine the Web for some groups that could give you the support you need and might even be able to network (no pun intended) to other families who  may be looking, but not advertising so much.

Just a thought. The very best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users