Dreams that mean death

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:55 AM

My dad once told me that if you dream that you are stabbed in the stomach that it means your going to die soon. And Ive also been told that if you dream your falling but actually land at the bottom before waking up that also means your going to die.

I was just wondering if anyone else has any of these like superstitions concerning dreams.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Mustang

Mustang

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:25 PM

No I am not usually a superstitious person. Some things maybe but not really the dreams and dying. I once dreamt that I was shot in the head. I didn't feel the pain of the shot but the pressure of it and I felt myself dying or so I thought. This dream was probably two or more years ago and I haven't been shot yet.

One time when my dad was a teenager, he dreamt that he was shot and supposedly woke up with a pool of blood on his chest but no hole. Now, this is very strange to me, but I wasn't there so I'm hoping he wouldn't just make up a story about something like that. Who knows.

#3 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:34 PM

I really think its an old wives tale Leo ! :P

#4 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

My grandmother had a specific dream of seeing HER grandmother in a particular chair( which is still a family heirloom and sits in my house, BTW) exactly two weeks before, and only before, the death of any family member. I find that if I dream about getting a letter from someone, it will, on the contrary, be an unusually long time before I hear from them. I don't think there there is a particular dream that means the dreamer is going to die because these types of premonition are quite specific to the individual and have to be learned through experience. Since you only die once, you wouldn't have a chance to find out that the dream meant that for you.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#5 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:29 AM

I really think its an old wives tale Leo ! :)

LOL I know that they are old wives tales, just find it interesting. Specters of death "woooo (ghost noise)"

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:03 AM

Actually, from an interpretive angle, to dream of death typically means you will hear of a birth. Falling in a dream is symbolic of the dreamer's basic fears - failure at the beginning of something new for example. A gun in a dream is an omen of some sort of injustice. How to interpret all these symbols depends on the specifics of the dreams. I have heard the one about if you hit the ground after falling, you are dead - just a wive's tail. Actually, I have read that that strange sensation of falling, then jerking awake is fairly common and is believed to be connected somehow to you entering a deep sleep stage when your body suddenly awakens.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#7 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:12 AM

Dreaming we are falling/ waking up with feeling like we are falling (ever got that strange feeling?) Is because we have evolved from apes living in trees, who had to balance on branches at bed time :)

#8 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

I don't know...I've dreamt of being stabbed before but I'm still around. Maybe those people who die in their sleep dream they're falling and actually hit the bottom that's why they never wake up. Too bad we'll never know.

#9 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:35 PM

Feeling like you are falling and jerking awake is the start and end of a spontaneous or failed OBE (Out of Body Experience).

It is the sensation of leaving the body (you can either float upwards, sink down or even roll out to leave the body) and going back quickly is why you are "jerked" awake by going back in to your body.

I feel that falling is one of the sensations that you feel/see when you can't control your Astral Projection. Remember in "The Matrix" when Keano Reeves had to learn to believe and trust in himself before he could jump or fly.

Seer
I am more than my physical body.

#10 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:58 AM

I was always told that the falling sensation was going into a deep sleep. I also don't believe if you hit bottom you will die. I've had dreams where I was falling, but I always landed in a swimming pool. I've never hit the ground. Only water. At least I don't remember hitting the ground.
My dreams are mostly nightmares. I couldn't tell you the last time I had just a regular dream.

Blessings,
Angie
Posted Image

#11 Whitebuffalo

Whitebuffalo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:29 AM

I am very new here, so please forgive me if I am out of line.
I do not think that dreams of death really have anything to do with the act itself. In my belief, dreams are oft times mirror images of what it is trying to convey. Well, that is if it is a Vision type dream. So, just as Redhead stated, a death could mean a birth. It also could be interpreted as simply the end of something.
The dreams with the sensation of falling, not just the sight of falling, I believe to be just as Seer stated. Sometimes our bodies just seem to wake up a bit earlier than what it is supposed to when we are Astrally or Ethereally traveling and we feel the actions. Just as when we take off and fly in a dream, I feel that to mean that we are beginning our travels.

#12 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:33 AM

My dad once told me that if you dream that you are stabbed in the stomach that it means your going to die soon. And Ive also been told that if you dream your falling but actually land at the bottom before waking up that also means your going to die.

I was just wondering if anyone else has any of these like superstitions concerning dreams.

The dream about falling. This is what I was told on several ocations. "if you don't wake up before you hit the bottom you will die in your sleep" .
Id like to know how anyone would ever be able to prove that.

I've had the falling dreams though I do always seem to waken before hitting the bottom, or it just turns into a flying dream. I've never have had a dream that I was stabbed.
I've been shot twice in my dreams, both times killed.
The first I woke as soon as I was shot, and was unable to move for what seemed several minutes.
The second I was dead in the dream, and extremely ticked off that I no longer had my body to take vengeance on the person who had just killed me.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#13 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:05 AM

I am very new here, so please forgive me if I am out of line.
I do not think that dreams of death really have anything to do with the act itself. In my belief, dreams are oft times mirror images of what it is trying to convey. Well, that is if it is a Vision type dream. So, just as Redhead stated, a death could mean a birth. It also could be interpreted as simply the end of something.
The dreams with the sensation of falling, not just the sight of falling, I believe to be just as Seer stated. Sometimes our bodies just seem to wake up a bit earlier than what it is supposed to when we are Astrally or Ethereally traveling and we feel the actions. Just as when we take off and fly in a dream, I feel that to mean that we are beginning our travels.

Some dreams that mean death dont have to be of death, for example, In Harry Potte you see a black dog and it means youll soon die, not you see death you see a dog :clap:

The dream about falling. This is what I was told on several ocations. "if you don't wake up before you hit the bottom you will die in your sleep" .
Id like to know how anyone would ever be able to prove that.

You cant prove it but i think its because no one ever actually hits the bottom.

#14 deye

deye

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:all things supernatural, supernatural the tv-show, shooting, music (mullet rock), sports &amp; reading.

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:54 PM

I was told that the falling sensation could actually be heart missing a beat, and 'if you don't wake up before you hit the ground' would mean, that if the heart for some reason wouldn't start beating again (=if you hit the ground), you'd die. I, however, don't believe that I'd die if I hit the ground. The whole falling and then jerking awake is pretty common, as it's been said above.

Anyway. I've died in my dreams many times and yet I'm breathing. I believe that when I die in my dream, I have something big to face in my life.
Posted ImageAll things bright and beautiful...avatar by toodelicious at livejournal, thank you.

#15 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:23 PM

Yeh but i dont mean like dreaming of death means your going to die.

I meant dreams that may signify death.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users