bloody mary

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#181 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying not to step on the land mines that others have planted in front of me. No sense saying more, as this will be removed anyway.

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

Interesting old wives tale but that is all it is. I have had other folks tell me about the history of the story but I perfer to believe in something more down to earth like ghosts, witches, or the supernatural in general.

#182 po1

po1

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

well i never heard of chant it 13 times but bloody mary was a queen in the 1500 she kill a lot of people because of religion

#183 Knightranger

Knightranger

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:I like cars, music, martial arts and of course the paranormal.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:05 AM

So this is what started everything for me into the world of the supernatural. Lots of very interesting stories on this thread. I'll tell you mine, its gonna give me goose bumps cause of how crazy it made me feel for a long time. So I was in third grade just started public school (previously in a private school) and as the new kid I took alot of crap. (sounds like the start of a good movie huh, anyway). At lunch I was as usual getting picked on when the 'cool' kids started telling me that I wouldn't do the Bloody Mary thing. I had no idea what the heck they were talking about, but I remember thinking if it gets them off my back I'd do anything. So They told me the challange. Go to the bathroom spin around 13 times and say Bloody Mary as you do it and a ghost will appear. So I remember just feeling like whatever about the situation cause I didnt believe in ghosts, yet. So at like 1130 or 1230 whatever time it was I went into the bathroom and did it. Nothing happened, just like I suspected. So me and my bathroom buddy went back to class and he reported that I had done it with no problems or strange occurences. Of course I didnt stop getting picked on and what happened next did not help. It was lunch time and I got school lunch which included a suncup drink. Basicaly fruitpunch in a plastic cup with foil over it. Well I got to my suncup and opened it, and threw it clean accross the classroom hitting the chalkboard. When I got the lid off I looked down and saw what to this day is fresh in my mind. An image moved into the reflection of the deep red drink, from left to right as to slide into the frame of a picture. Staring back at me was what looked to be two dark empty eye sockets in a charcoaled head with a few whispy pieces of hair coming from the top of it. From that day until I was about 20 or so I wouldn't go in dark areas with mirrors and I had tons of nightmares that were so real that I had to get counceling for them. Good news is one night I was having a bad dream about her and just said "F" it. I stopped running turned and told whatever it was to leave me alone. Since then I only get the feeling every once in a while. So yeah, I believe that whatever is out there may not be a Bloody Mary, but its someting that will mess with you if you let it.
"That was your plan Ray? Get her?" Bill Murry[/size]

#184 Fiona01

Fiona01

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:38 PM

Bloody Mary really scared me as a kid. I tried it once and nothing happened, but now, as an adult, I'd never try it lol. Funny that I would do it as a kid and not even dare try now. My mind really works overtime with stuff like that.
Posted Image

ROBERT DOWNEY JR.

#185 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:16 AM

I don't know what it was in Knightranger's drink but it's all the more reason why I would never do the Bloody Mary thing :D

(but can it just be light reflection combined with the moving liquid?)

Whatever

#186 TheJake199012

TheJake199012

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:21 AM

well i never heard of chant it 13 times but bloody mary was a queen in the 1500 she kill a lot of people because of religion

I think religion plays a role in the supernatural alot. I've been reading online about this demon or something thats located in St. Augustine Florida. The place is so weird they're building a haunted house where this demon is. It's called warehouse 31. www.warehouse31.com. Anyway, there used to be a a church or cult doing their thing at this warehouse and I know that people feel that preacher's spirit now. Anyway, it has to do with demons and religion like you said.

#187 TheJake199012

TheJake199012

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

I think religion plays a role in the supernatural alot. I've been reading online about this demon or something thats located in St. Augustine Florida. The place is so weird they're building a haunted house where this demon is. It's called warehouse 31. www.warehouse31.com. Anyway, there used to be a a church or cult doing their thing at this warehouse and I know that people feel that preacher's spirit now. Anyway, it has to do with demons and religion like you said.

FYI. as I google more a few weeks later than my first post, I'm seeing more and more people talk about this warehouse31 site. They put a link to that church's web site, too, at http://www.warehouse31.com/history.php
:Wall: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

#188 Dani97688

Dani97688

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

The Bloody Mary legend is one of the most fascinating ones out there.  I will even admit that I will NOT do all 13 chants in front of the mirror.   :ghost:  

In our neck of the woods, the name of the psychotic face-scratcher is Mary Worth.  During a slumber party when I was 10 or 11 years old, I first heard about it from another girl.  She said she went through it and got "cat scratches" across her forehead later.  So, ya know, it must be true.   :ghost:

Recently, I researched and featured a unique variation on the Bloody Mary legend on my website.  Here's a link if anyone's interested:

http://deadohio.com/bloodymary.htm

In this case, "Bloody Mary" was an old hag who resorted to witchcraft to attract the attention of a young male sailor that struck her fancy.   *Supposedly,* she kidnapped young girls, killed them, and used prime body parts to construct a life-size doll to lure the sailor.  He accidently drowned, and she went even more crazy after that.  *Supposedly,* she lives under the waters of Lake Erie and will sneak around houses along the lake at night, peering into the windows looking for the next pretty girl to replace the rotting parts of her doll.  

I think the gender themes behind this story alone will keep any women's study class in discussion for at least a week.  Anyway, I thought that this was the most interesting variation on the tale I've come across.  (For horror movie buffs, check out the movie "May," which uses many elements of this tale in its storyline.   Oh, and "Candyman.").

Other than books, here are some links to great websites that expound upon the whole Bloody Mary legend.  Some pretty interesting stuff.  Enjoy!

http://www.snopes.co...osts/bloody.htm

http://www.mythology...bloodymary.html

That's a good movie, "May" and I thought that looked familiar when I watched it lol :Wall: Thanks for the information.

#189 mH1030

mH1030

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

I always heard that someone needed to say "Bloody Mary" 100 times in order for her to appear. The very few times my cousins and I tried it, we messed it up, lol... a couple of times we lost count on how many times we'd said it, and the other couple of times one of us was hiding in the shower behind the curtain to comfort the one who was actually going to do it, and the legend we always heard was that a person had to be alone to do it. My aunt claims she did it when she was younger and did actually get scratched, but I can't say with reasonable certainty that she was being truthful.

I tried the Candyman thing at my grandma's house once, alone in a dark bedroom, but, of course, nothing ever happened.

I've never heard of the Baby Blue thing, that's kind of creepy.

One story I read in an old superstition book as a child was that if a woman went into a dark bathroom and started to comb her hair in front of the mirror, the face of her future husband would appear over her shoulder. I've never tried it.

I can't say for sure I'd ever do any of these things today, and I'm in my twenties!

-G

#190 physical medium Jenn

physical medium Jenn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:ghost hunting , reading (alot) writing , cooking baking , the paranormal , i read tarot and scry with crystals and yes i am a witch :) i love making candles and inscense and i have a love for horror movies i am a physical medium as well

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

you Know i grew up hearing about bloody mary heck everyone in my neighborhood did and i am sure a lot 0f us have braved the dark bathroom with its mirror daring to call on her waiting to see if she would show and when she didn't well we would go back to our tv, music , games , video games , and think nothing more about it until years after the fact you hear it happend to a friend of a friend of a fried .

I love my urban legends this one is the most popular of them and even today it is still being passed on from child to child ! my sister's son ( my nephew) was told about her in school from friends so much so they told him she would come after him so now he is afraid to go into the bathroom at night too frightened to turn the light on.

also now a few of my sister's friends who have kids are being frightened into the fear of the dark it seems now that she is back with a vengence with added parts to her legend i know i will keep reading them :ghost: :) :weeee: :ghost: :ghost: :weeee:
Is It Wrong To Fear The Living More Than The Dead ?I'm a sailor pegAnd I've lost my legClimbing up the top sailsI lost my leg!I'm shipping up to Boston whoaI'm shipping up to Boston whoaI'm shipping up to Boston whoaI'm shipping off...to find my wooden leg ~dropKick Murphys~

#191 tominclay

tominclay

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

I have done this one numerous times hoping to see something and always came up empty handed. I even tried it in an old insane asylum (Byberry) and still nothing. That's not saying I don't believe though. Maybe one of these times it'll work. My favorite "urban legend".

#192 Moody98

Moody98

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Cemeteries, vampires, werewolves, ghosts, cooking, guitar, skateboarding, horseback riding.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:47 PM

I remember one night sitting in my room in front of my turned off television thinking about the bloody mary legend. Without being aware that my reflection was in the television I started to say bloody mary. Not intentionally. I was just saying it as I was thinking about it. I said it once, then twice, and as I was about to say it a third time I caught myself saying it and my door which was locked started to open and I could see a white hand and a white sleave of a woman and then close as I caught myself about to say it a third time. If I had said a third time she would have definitily come in. The lock on my door was still locked and not broken when she left. This proves to me that any reflection will work in any room.

#193 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:44 AM

*Shudders* And my parents wonder why my nightlight stays on.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#194 Inspirosity

Inspirosity

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:32 AM

I remember this from my childhood. It was a dare that came up in one of the sleepovers that I attended. However, reading about a woman who lost her child and going mad with grief and taking her own life is actually quite sad. I found myself feeling bad for her.

Though your account is most unnerving, Moody. I imagine that caused a lot of sleepless nights -shivers-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users