Can Rituals Add Power ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

I do not practice any religion but have a variety of spiritual beliefs I pull from. I do not pray or preform any rituals in my daily life but have wondered if they could concentrate powers or strengthen abilities. I some times do a form of self hypnosis to help my concentration and perhaps that is a form of ritual to some people but it seems to me a ritual goes beyond ones self. My sister who is a strict Baptist is very clear that the power of prayer and communion are neccesary for her spiritual well being. For Wiccans or Druids do feel they must preform rituals for success or is the thought or intent enough? Why does burning incense or candles of a specific colours increase the strength of the intent more then just personal will?

I don't intend to argue anyones point. I really am interested. Also in paranormal investagation do you use ritual? Please share.

Sharon

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

Ritual in and of itself I believe adds nothing. Saying certain defined prayers, burning incense, sprinkling salt, holy water, all these are meaningless by themselves.

What does work in all cases is the faith the participant has in the power behind the ritual. This can definitely affect the outcome. If going through a ritual enhances one's belief, that is if it has meaning to them then in that regard it does work. It is not the saying of a certain defined prayer that causes results; it is your belief that the prayer will be answered.

And to answer the second part, no I use no ritual or specific prayers just for an investigation. I rely on my faith in general to protect me whether investigating or simply driving across town.

#3 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:55 AM

:lol: :ghost: I agree, The power or desire comes from the using the ritual. If that is the way you use to focas your power I see no problem with doing it that way but it is not needed for most psychics. Do Wiccans summon spirits with a ritual or are able to free style it. If someone thinks you ger a better outcome with a ritual please say so. I would like to learn what and how to use a ritual. DO you think these rituals make you stronger or does it incrwase everyone's power better? I am looking to learn. If you use rituals what ones have been successful for yor you,

: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

Edited by Cautious-Psychic13, 24 October 2008 - 02:59 AM.

#4 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:27 PM

CaveRat explained it as well as I ever could.

Rituals can only add power if you believe they can. Without faith, you could recite what (to me) is the most powerful incantation and have zero results. It is your faith / belief / strength of will you use to battle entities from the unseen world.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

More than having belief, the INTENTION is what gives power to rituals and words :)
Posted Image

#6 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

I am an Elder in my Christian sect. I believe that my faith and priesthood combine with ordinances to strengthen my connection with the Divine. When I bless or cleanse, I invoke my faith and priesthood. If I lacked faith, this would be in vain. If someone without the priesthood were to say the same words, it wouldn't be as powerful.

Since joining Ghost Village so many years ago, I've had to mesh my beliefs that the priesthood is necessary to drive away evil spirits with stories of people of other faiths - or even Atheists - have successfully driven away an unwanted spirit. I've come to the conclusion that being focused, believing in oneself, and will power can amplify the ability to have spirits / ghosts obey. Rituals put you in the right mind set and fortify your resolve.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#7 Stormeye

Stormeye

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Just a word of caution . . . while faith/intent certainly is a powerful force in ritual, it is not necessarily the case that a ritual will not work without it. Certain rituals seem to have a power of their own, perhaps molded into them as a result of much use. For example, there is a story in esoteric circles of a group of academics who got together and put on a full on invocation to Mars, as described in a certain grimoire. These men had no belief in what they were doing; the whole exercise was simply a matter of curiosity to them (sort of an anthropological study, if you will). Long story short, they nearly burned down the building in which they were working - at a peak point in the ritual, the fireplace nearby went out of control (Mars is a very "fiery" energy).

Call me paranoid, but I am not in favor of "free style" calling of spirits. In my mind, it is like walking out into the street and inviting a random group of people into your home. You might be lucky and end up with a good group of nice folks . . . or you might not. This is why ceremonialist work from a protected space and know exactly what it is they are trying to summon. Old occult adage: never summon what you can not put back.

Stormeye
http://monstersandmagic.wordpress.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users