25 replies to this topic

#1 Moon Kiss

Moon Kiss

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Skype, Music, ect.

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

Hey, this is Destiny from Jollyblue's account. I finally decided to make my own lol.

So, recently I have been thinking alot about spirit guides and the like. I began to think about how we also can have spirit animals. If that is possible, then wouldn't it be possible for us to have stones that made specifically for us just as it is for us to have our own personal spirit guides? What do you think about this?

Surely, I am not the first to have thought of this. Every stone has its own specific meaning, so maybe, if we have a stone that was specifically chosen for us, it was chosen because of a specific life style we had talked over with our spirit guides before we were born. It could be because of another reason, but that is all I can think of as of this time.

ALL comments and opinions are welcomed!

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. ~Plato

Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you. ~Marsha Norman

#2 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

Just as we have different Guides that come when we are in different situations, then we also have different crystals and stones that are needed.

As far as one, i don't know. I have a friend that can tell you that.
I am more than my physical body.

#3 Moon Kiss

Moon Kiss

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:21 PM

Just as we have different Guides that come when we are in different situations, then we also have different crystals and stones that are needed.

As far as one, i don't know. I have a friend that can tell you that.

Thanks, Seer :] I'll ask your friend about it.

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. ~Plato

Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you. ~Marsha Norman

#4 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:08 PM

I think that your stone is whatever one feels really comfortable in your hand. I have one that I have been carting around since I was eight. I found it on the shores of Lake Ontario.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#5 Moon Kiss

Moon Kiss

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:25 PM

I think that your stone is whatever one feels really comfortable in your hand. I have one that I have been carting around since I was eight. I found it on the shores of Lake Ontario.

What type of stone is it if you don't mind my asking?

#6 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

Its on the small side and kinda egg shaped and smoothed out by the action of the lake wave pounding it against the other rocks on this "beach." It's color is flecked with dark red, white and a couple of other colors. I have no clue what kind of stone it is, I just know that it feels good in my hand.

#7 Moon Kiss

Moon Kiss

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

Its on the small side and kinda egg shaped and smoothed out by the action of the lake wave pounding it against the other rocks on this "beach." It's color is flecked with dark red, white and a couple of other colors. I have no clue what kind of stone it is, I just know that it feels good in my hand.

Sounds pretty (:

#8 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:05 AM

Cryscat, that sounds a lot like rose quartz to me.

Pipestone is a very sacred stone to Naive Peoples. I have earrings, a fetish of my totem, and an ornamental pipe made from this stone.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#9 Jollyblue

Jollyblue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmGBmpxwA7s

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

So do stones have energies that can make you feel at ease? Or give you certain feelings?

Like if your sad is there a certain stone you can keep around that would make you happy?
If your scared is there a stone that will ease your fears? etc.
Posted Image

#10 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

Its not a rose quartz, and I am not sure what it is. It's very hard to describe as it has red, white, black inclusions. It may have some quartz in it, but I doubt it. I have a rose quartz, a clear quartz and a quartz sandwich of sorts with white and grey in the middle.

No idea what my fav stone is.

#11 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

So do stones have energies that can make you feel at ease? Or give you certain feelings?

Like if your sad is there a certain stone you can keep around that would make you happy?
If your scared is there a stone that will ease your fears? etc.

Other than the jewelry I mentioned, I keep a couple of stones in my medcine bag and I also have a few nice crystals on display with my pendulum collection in a china cabinet. I don't know if they give me certain feelings or emotions or make me feel protected. I just like having them, especially the pipestone. Native Peoples do believe that certain items are part of your magic, but that magic has absolutely nothing to do with Anglo/European culture's idea of magic.

Crys, it's probably just an amalgam - different minerals fused together over the eons into one stone. A conglomeration as it were.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#12 WynterSong

WynterSong

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

I absolutely have a stone that has been drawn to me and gives me great comfort. This stone is amethyst. When I was about 7, I visited a cave and they had a store that sold rocks from the cave. I was instantly drawn to a large geode of amethyst, and always kept in on my shelf because I admired it beauty and felt like it protected my room ( I moved several times and always displayed it in each of my houses). Next, I was going through all my jewelry and found am amethyst pendant which I barely remembering purchasing.. One again, it was from when I was little and barely knew anything about the spirituality of stone, but I was quite the stone collector. This amethyst pendant helps me to this day, and it just somehow mysteriously found its way to me. Lastly, I went to a jewelers on a special day where they gave away free gems. You had to each into this huge box and select one (they were small gems individually placed in small plastic bags)..And lo and behold, the gem I drew was amethyst, which was one among many many possibilites. I find the color purple so inviting and creative..soothing.. And when I look into an amethyst I get lost in creativity and possibilites.

So, amethyst has played a very comforting role in my life, and it seemed to have seeked me out from a young age. :)

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. Anton Chekhov Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

"Crys, it's probably just an amalgam - different minerals fused together over the eons into one stone. A conglomeration as it were. "

I think you're right. An amalgam makes sense.

WynterSong

amethyst is a beautiful stone!

#14 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

amethyst speaks to me as well...
This just appeared out of nowhere (I bead and no it is not a bead)... At a time that I really needed loving and support and was very lost.
Posted Image

ETA: If you go to fire mountain gems I know they have a thing about each gemstone... Russian amazonite also really speaks to me...

Edited by stellakitty, 09 December 2010 - 01:42 PM.

Love life.

#15 BLACK SHUCK

BLACK SHUCK

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Anything related to the paranormal,secret societies,fast cars, busty women, human behavior, reading, painting, art, magic/magick(high or low),withchcraft/wicca,candles and hot tubs. Just ask, if you are curious and want the truth, not what you want to hear.

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:46 PM

Belief systems are interesting. I believe in many things not visiblle to most other people, angels, demons, ghosts, various spirits, etc, oh my I forgot devils aand demons. I don't have to always see them to know they are around or to even accept the fact they interact with mortals, for various reasons, not always, immediately or delayed, beneficial to mortals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users