Stories about haunted roads

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cheshirekat

cheshirekat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, Hiking, Backpacking, reading, writing, and the paranormal.

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:38 AM

Hey all, I posted this on another thread but I wanted to see if anyone one else out there has a good haunted road story. If they are out there, lets hear them... :Spaz:

I was driving north on 62 from Palm Springs towards Joshua Tree at night. It is a two lane highway and I was driving in the left hand lane. There are Tamarisk trees along the road and about two clumps of trees before the Mission Creek bridge, I saw a middle aged man in a baseball cap walk out in front of my car. He wasnt looking at me, and I was right on him and hit my brakes thinking that I would hit him, but then he was gone. This small stretch of road always makes me uneasy but I am sure I finally saw what it was that makes me uneasy. Funny thing is I only feel uneasy in the left hand lane and only at night. I need to rifle through some old papers and see if I can find out who he was, why he walked out in front of a car, and if indeed he did die there.

It gives me the creeps just remembering that flash.

Kat

#2 cheshirekat

cheshirekat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:20 AM

Ahh, come on now, someone has got to have something???!

#3 cyriades

cyriades

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:21 AM

Ahh, come on now, someone has got to have something???!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey there Cheshire! Happy to be the first to reply.
I've heard tales of odd....apparitions appearing at bridges and bumping into one's car, late at night. Particularly the bridges on what people call "Five Bridges Road" in Lake City, South Carolina. This is a dirt road located on the far end of Beulah Road, near the Nan Ya Plastics plant. Careful going though, since I hear that a lot of the area / roads back there is owned by just a few people. (Seriously backwoods.)

You have a creepy story though...I know I'd be creeped out and insomniac for a week after something like that

#4 cheshirekat

cheshirekat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 02:46 AM

Thanks for the reply Cyriades. I am really into backroads so I may just head down that way when I am back on the East Coast. (Thinking...) Then again maybe not, as one of these experiences just about scared me out of skin enough for quite a while. Thanks for the report though, I always appreciate it when someone answers, helps me feel not so crazy. :hug:

#5 SchattenJager

SchattenJager

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Ghost hunting (see above listed web site)

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:55 PM

Hiway 365 South, from Little Rock Arkansas to Pine Bluff arkansas has always had a reputation for the weird and the bizarre going back decades! Its very rurul, with trees lining both sides of the road and marshy swampy ground. Houses are few and far between. Its sparesly traveled now but before the interstate it was the only way to get to Little Rock from Pine Bluff.
There are tailes of red, globe like lights. Hitch hikers who vanish from the car. Bodies that run out in the road and you hot with an audible bump, only when yoy stop you car no body is found. Locals call it spook road or the empty quarter.

Thanks for the reply Cyriades. I am really into backroads so I may just head down that way when I am back on the East Coast. (Thinking...) Then again maybe not, as one of these experiences just about scared me out of skin enough for quite a while. Thanks for the report though, I always appreciate it when someone answers, helps me feel not so crazy.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#6 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:52 PM

Hiway 365 South, from Little Rock Arkansas to Pine Bluff arkansas has always had a reputation for the weird and the bizarre going back decades! Its very rurul, with trees lining both sides of the road and marshy swampy ground. Houses are few and far between. Its sparesly traveled now but before the interstate it was the only way to get to Little Rock from Pine Bluff.
There are tailes of red, globe like lights. Hitch hikers who vanish from the car. Bodies that run out in the road and you hot with an audible bump, only when yoy stop you car no body is found. Locals call it spook road or the empty quarter.

Thanks for the reply Cyriades. I am really into backroads so I may just head down that way when I am back on the East Coast. (Thinking...) Then again maybe not, as one of these experiences just about scared me out of skin enough for quite a while. Thanks for the report though, I always appreciate it when someone answers, helps me feel not so crazy.  :hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds like Prettyman RD off of 291 just inside the city limits of Harrisonville,MO. a few folk have seen Union Soldiers marching south towards town.The weird thing is once they reach a certain house they disappear.At the same house a blood stain appears on the back porch.

#7 cyriades

cyriades

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:12 AM

oooo wheeee oooooo *is creeped out*

Hey cheshire, no problem. It's always good to not feel alone about such things. To fellow posters, those are definitely some creepy experiences. I have seen some odd lights in this one graveyard before, named Truluck Graveyard just outside of Lake City, South Carolina.

#8 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:56 PM

I have/had an old thread here called "Darkness something or other" Look it up under my handle. These were personal experiences
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#9 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:17 PM

I just checked, the topic was called, "The Cover of Darkness". It appears as if the topic has been dropped. There were two haunted locations upon our local rural road. It's tedious to write the same thing twice, but the basic info is that there is/was an area along this road where joggers were followed by a phantom jogger. Joggers were followed and were subjected to thrown objects and breathing down their necks.

A location closer to our house had an area accustomed to large green fire balls. While walking with my son at night during a full moon, a darkness came over us, that cut the light level by about 60%. No clouds, etc.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#10 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 02:16 PM

The topic, called "Cover Of Dark" is located in Personal Encounters.

Here is a link for those who wish to read it. It's well worth the read.

Click Here
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users