• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Scott1956

Scott1956

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, Music, The Outdoors, Quality TV, The Beatles, Stephen King, Writing, Star Trek, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts and UFO's), Celebrity Grave Hunting, Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature and Photography.

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:39 AM

I was just browsing some of the posts in alt.folklore.ghost-stories when I came upon a person who wanted to summon a ghost.
After strongly advising him against it, he politely thanked me for my concern but then stated that he still didn't have his answer.
With tongue firmly in cheek and calling upon my own bitter experience from 20 years ago, I posted to him the following:

"Okay bro, you want to summon a ghost? Fine.
(Doing my best Jack Nicholson) You want answers?
Okay. Let's get to it.

The first thing you need is Knowledge.
The second thing you need is Protection.

When you decide to summon a ghost or spirit, you must not only have an open mind and an open heart,
you must also ask yourself if the person you wish to contact wants to be summoned. Perhaps they don't.
If that's the case, you might wind up facing a very angry spirit or ghost.
Take for instance, Saul who sought out the Witch of Endor to summon the spirit of Samuel. She succeeded!
Samuel was not pleased however, and asked, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?"
Saul explained his dilema, but Samuel wouldn't have it. Not only that, he told Saul that Israel would be
given over into the hands of their enemies and then said that Saul and his sons would all join him the next day.
He wasn't talking about a tailgate party, either!

However, there are many books and scrolls on how to summon spirits.
One of many can be found below:
http://www.konstanti...com/sumspir.htm

I also heartily recommend that you read the following article:

http://www.disinfo.c...rticle2218.html

Remember, as far as I know or you know, you have no way of knowing who or what will answer your summons.
You will need to protect yourself and you will need to know how to control what has been summoned.
If you aren't careful, you could find yourself falling victim to psychic attack or even Possession.
The final result depends on many determining factors.

If anything bad happens to you as a result of your summoning, we would all like to read about it,
but don't come whinin' to me. You've been warned. I hope that this constitutes as an answer.
Good luck. You'll need it."

:(
Peace,Posted Image

#2 pharmacy chick

pharmacy chick

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, play games, watch TV. Go out and socialize with friends. I love the outdoors.<br />I've always been interested in the supernatural and love to learn new things about it everyday.

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:17 AM

I was just browsing some of the posts in alt.folklore.ghost-stories when I came upon a person who wanted to summon a ghost.
After strongly advising him against it, he politely thanked me for my concern but then stated that he still didn't have his answer.
With tongue firmly in cheek and calling upon my own bitter experience from 20 years ago, I posted to him the following:

Okay. Let's get to it.

When you decide to summon a ghost or spirit, you must not only have an open mind and an open heart,
you must also ask yourself if the person you wish to contact wants to be summoned. Perhaps they don't.
Take for instance, Saul who sought out the Witch of Endor to summon the spirit of Samuel. She succeeded!
Samuel was not pleased however, and asked, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?"
Saul explained his dilema, but Samuel wouldn't have it. Not only that, he told Saul that Israel would be
given over into the hands of their enemies and then said that Saul and his sons would all join him the next day.

Remember, as far as I know or you know, you have no way of knowing who or what will answer your summons.
You will need to protect yourself and you will need to know how to control what has been summoned.
If you aren't careful, you could find yourself falling victim to psychic attack or even Possession.

If anything bad happens to you as a result of your summoning, we would all like to read about it,
but don't come whinin' to me. You've been warned. I hope that this constitutes as an answer.

:Hockey:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very well put Spencer! :)
"Can you see the face behind the mirror?"

#3 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:19 AM

I don't quite understand, is there a particular spirit he wants to summon? The whole thing is kind of ridiculous because spirits are always around us at all times.

Spirits are not here to harm us but they can play jokes. I don't think it's a big thing; all you have to do is ask them.
petunia4998

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:39 AM

I don't quite understand, is there a particular spirit he wants to summon?  The whole thing is kind of ridiculous because spirits are always around us at all times. 

Spirits are not here to harm us but they can play jokes.  I don't think it's a big thing; all you have to do is ask them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...... and be careful Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:08 PM

Good advice, Moonchild. I have summoned my ancestors for protection, called the corners, invited God/Goddess to witness and bless my circle, etc. Circle-casting keeps the bad entities OUT, and I always make sure to say something to the effect of "any and all negative energies are not welcome here". It's sad that some people are so desperate for these kinds of experiences that they welcome anything and everything. There are spells in Wicca, though, such as 'conjuring the phantasm", whick DOES call on negative energies. But inside the circle you are safe.
Posted Image

#6 Nahela

Nahela

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Music, history, art, movies, mythology and folklore..

Posted 14 October 2005 - 04:33 PM

Gha... Dont even want to think about summoning a spirit, or the goddess, I read somewhere that if you asked something of the god/goddess the goddes would ask of you...
Although I did try and summon my grandmother one hallowen for many years ago, but forever grateful that I did not put my whole heart into it!

#7 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:59 PM

Summoning a spirit can be risky. There ARE dangerous spirits out there. When you open a door, sometimes you can't control what comes in.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#8 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:03 AM

I am going to have to side with Petunia on the “Spirits are all around us... all you have to do is ask them” remark (don't faint Petunia :P ). But I will have to add that the best protection of all is knowledge when dealing with any spirit, ghost, or anything you may want to communicate with. Its not only a matter of how to do it, when to do it, and where to do it. Any one can get on the Internet and find all sorts of information. But a person should really ask themselves why they want to do it? Understanding your motives and the hidden reasons for wanting to summon or communicate with spirits and ghost will either turn you away or draw you towards the knowledge it takes to truly embarked on such a journey. A person should try to answer all their questions on their own, those dealing with spirits, ghosts, or themselves before any action is taken. With a mind set in understanding and clear intent it is not that hard to communicate with them. But if you don't take the time to listen, or you do not understand how, then it cannot be accomplished. It isn't a game and there are some consequences when you try to bend someone or something to your will. No one likes to be bullied after all. And there could be some serious psychological problems that can cause a great amount of harm, so its best that a person be prepared.

#9 catloverspizza

catloverspizza

Loves cats a little too much....

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:paranormal investigating, being a good dad, being single, radio, sabres hockey, writing, photography, audio production, editing and voiceovers.

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:46 PM

Do you consider asking spirits if they would like to communicate with you (and be recorded, of course!) to be the same as "summoning"?

My very long and complicated conservative Christian background has always made me wary of any type of communication with spirits, including trying to capture EVP. It took a lot for me to actually begin speaking to them in order to initiate a recording.

#10 sharimoore

sharimoore

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Registered Nurse, Wiccan,

Posted 23 October 2005 - 11:11 PM

I just finished reading Jeff's book "Communicating with the Dead" and found some helpful info in it. I decided to try automatic writing to try to contact my mother who passed away in 1994. I had specific ideas of what I wanted to ask about things going on in my life right now, hoping for some answers. I have not had any success with other purposeful methods of contacting/seeing/hearing spirits in the past though I have had some haunting experiences.
I used my computer for the automatic writing since I type alot and felt comfortable using the computer. I focused on who and what I wanted, invited my mother and father to guide my hands, specified that only positive energy was invited and all negative spirits were not welcome. It took me quite a while to relax and unfocus. I got some really good images (typing with my eyes closed) and finally got a flow of words that I felt were not coming from myself as much as spirits or perhaps a higher power or deeper knowledge whether my own or outside of myself. I suddenly smelled oil paint, which immediately made me think of my mother who was an artist and painted night and day. Once I identified it, it disappeared. I was very pleased with my experience and plan to do some more, especially around this time of year.

Brie

[quote name='Sammy_Da_Cat' date='Oct 18 2005, 12:03 AM']
I am going to have to side with Petunia on the “Spirits are all around us... all you have to do is ask them” remark (don't faint Petunia :) ). But I will have to add that the best protection of all is knowledge when dealing with any spirit, ghost, or anything you may want to communicate with.

#11 shelli282

shelli282

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:11 PM

Okay. Let's get to it.

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very well put Spencer! :clap:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been told that my mother has something she needs to tell me and I have asked her what it is and I keep having these weird dreams and seeing things also my emotions have been on edge. Any Suggestions?

#12 alphazero

alphazero

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:15 PM

I do this without any protection. Why?
I want to be that ghost.
I want to learn to control Death.
I can see ghosts already, so why not talk to them?
Like i care they ruin my body.
I want them to see the world again from human eyes.

EDIT: I WANT THEM TO SEE WHAT HUMAN RUINED OUR WORLD!

IF YOU BELIEVE IN GHOST BELIEVE IN A NEW GOD WHO WILL RECREATE THE WORLD!!!

Edited by alphazero, 16 January 2007 - 05:17 PM.

#13 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:35 AM

When we have an interest in a subject (in this case...Mediumship which is the communication with the so-called dead) we learn all we can at the same time as we hone our own particular talents. A brain surgeon has education before he uses the knife (or at least, I wouldn't want one without education to open my brain). So why don't more people understand that there are some very important guidelines to mediumship before dabbling?

God bless, J

#14 Drain

Drain

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:39 AM

I recently summoned a ghost and didnt use any complicated ritual or anything. I just made a board and an object with which the ghost could comunicate with me and just called for him. the words were: " We summon from the spirit world [spirits name]." He did come and was friendly. I think, if u summon a spirit, make sure you choose an intelligent person. Its very important to choose the right person. I did it with my friend and it was very simple. Ofcouse first we asked if he was ok with us having summoned him and if he wouldnt mind us summoning him again sometime. Well i had a positive experience. He even played some jokes with us and revieled that there were 7 more ghosts in the room at the time. One of them played with the candle flame all the time. We asked if he could do something nice with the flame and it grew about 5 times and started acting weirdly :Spaz:
Well it ended well and he answered almost every question asked and went away :clap:

#15 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:09 AM

And having spirits 'play' while you were communicating is considered a good start to communication? (sarcasm) I have some real concerns that you were even reaching the spirit you intended, which is a real concern when we 'call them up' as you suggest.

God bless, J

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users