We're back home again.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:comparative religions, paganism, the occult, the paranormal, my cats and dogs.

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:15 PM

We Went up to Klein Kariba for a few days...and had a fabulous time. Bit too much sun though.

These are a couple of shots of the animal buddies we made while away this last week.

Our mountain house was completely surrounded by bush and natural wildlife.

Often, they'd come up to the windows of the house and give the kids a treat. The windows in the lounge is where you will see the kids standing most of the time.

There were our monkeys....which raided our house and stole our bananas and they had a penchant for coconut cookies and my muelsi.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My blue eyed stallion that fought with everything and anything he saw. The horses were enclosed though, to protect them from the other animals. He's got marks all over him from being kicked by the other stallions. This one has the devil in him! I have video of him coming up to me to be rubbed though! At least he liked me!

Posted Image

Stripes...our zebras....please note...Laikin called them ALL Stripes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some buck....which were all called Bambi.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It was cool.

Hope you guys are all well!
Posted ImageIn Shadows and StormsShadowStorm

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:18 PM

Shadow Storm...those have to be some of the best pictures I've seen in a very long time!!! I'm a big fan of National Geographic! Thank you for sharing your awesome photo's and welcome back home!!! :hug:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:27 PM

Shadow - you are sued for posting the best of the pictures!

Thanks for sharing buddy! :hug:
Posted Image

#4 ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:comparative religions, paganism, the occult, the paranormal, my cats and dogs.

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:16 PM

National geographic??

Lordy....these are just a couple of home snaps!!!

*grins*

Glad you enjoyed them though.

I certainly had fun taking the snaps while watching the kids' faces.

I wish my putfile was working so that I could show you guys the animal videos.

Some of them are amazing.

#5 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:37 PM

All's we got here is beavers and racoons! :)

#6 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:02 PM

...I also forgot to add that the horse is absolutely gorgeous!!!! And those eye's!!! Yeah, you're pictures reminded me of National Geographic...dang awesome! Thank you again! The looks on your kid's faces are priceless also! :)
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#7 ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:39 PM

Posted Image

There's another pick of 'my' horse.

I wish he was mine!

Those eyes!

Beavers and racoons.....I like beavers and racoons!

#8 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 21 October 2006 - 04:50 PM

Amazing photos! :) :)
Posted Image

#9 ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:29 PM

Amazing photos! :clap: :headbang:

Glad you liked them!!!!

They're not really considered cool here in SA. Everyone's like...."Oh we've got better photo's than that...we went to.....the other day and got wonderful pictures of.....yada yada yada."

So I'm glad someone apreciates them!

:clap:

#10 Ambra

Ambra

Should not travel without a map

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, of course, reading, arts and crafts, particularly cross-stitch, movies.

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:59 AM

Amazing photos! :clap: :headbang:

Glad you liked them!!!!

They're not really considered cool here in SA. Everyone's like...."Oh we've got better photo's than that...we went to.....the other day and got wonderful pictures of.....yada yada yada."

:clap:

Lol--that reminds me of when my parents went to Mexico for a vacation. They were so excited because the iguanas would come up on their deck and sun themselves but the locals just shrugged it off like it was no big deal!

Great photos! It had to be exciting for your kids to have all that wildlife coming right up to them.
I got smacked by aloha spirit!Posted Image

#11 ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:40 AM

Amazing photos! :whee: :clap:

Glad you liked them!!!!

:whee:

Lol--that reminds me of when my parents went to Mexico for a vacation. They were so excited because the iguanas would come up on their deck and sun themselves but the locals just shrugged it off like it was no big deal!

Great photos! It had to be exciting for your kids to have all that wildlife coming right up to them.

Iguanas.....I love them....now THAT would be exciting for me!!!!

The kids enjoyed it, yes. They just want to go back!!!

Unfortunately....going back requies time....and money!!!

Maybe next year!

#12 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:04 AM

~That reminds me of when my son & I lived in Kissimmee, Florida. The tourists would get such a kick out of seeing these little lizards run around all over the place. And I would chuckle because my son used to grab the lizards and let them hang from his ear-lobes (they'd grab his earlobes with their mouth, but they were too small to actually bite or to hurt...cute little boogers actually). And on my way to work, I'd always pass this fire station that was next to a pond. Every now & then driving by, I'd see tourists along side the road taking pictures because one of the gators decided to come out and sun-bathe in the drive-way. Again, I'd have to chuckle because I'm used toseeing gators in Florida...except it's quite dangerous around mating season.

#13 ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:21 AM

I've never seen a gator.

We have crocodiles here in SA.

Funny how they're similar, yet not the same.

#14 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:34 AM

I've never seen a gator.

We have crocodiles here in SA.

Funny how they're similar, yet not the same.

...oh I know!!! To me, it's so hard to tell them apart when all the see of me is butt & elbows!!! I just can't find the time to get that close to them to tell them apart!!! Sharp teeth...long tail...green scaley skin...yep, I'm outta there!!!

#15 erna_butter

erna_butter

weird ancient from the medieval times

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Art (any kind), computers, paranormal, forensics, psychology, and of course fantasy books, and history.

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:36 AM

what beautiful photos..and your kids are equally as beautiful as well....

I am glad you all had fun..it gives the kids something to talk about when they get older too.

I used to want to go to disney land, now I want to go where you were lol

welcome back home.
Posted Image I A.M CANADIAN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users