• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#76 realgi

realgi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:35 AM

I always find "an american werewolf in london" really spooky.
I first watched it when I was about 5 year old and spent years having nightmares

#77 whiskeysuicide

whiskeysuicide

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:. joe strummer <3 . the clash . the mescarleros . this rockin' world . reggae . elvis . kitty-cats . riots . supernatural . vampires. faeries . aliens . jurassic park . ghosts . graveyards . ramen noodles . my love. yer face . ATHF . DBZ . chalupas . animals . halloween . ookie spookie things . saving the world .

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:25 PM

honestly, i don't know what it was but I had to close my eyes while watching most of The Ring, i didn't sleep properly for a few nights either!

give me the Exorcist any given day, I say!!

oh my. the first part before the movie actually begin
creeps me out, with the video. so scary.
just that sound... ahhh

'Tourist Trap' is a guilty pleasure of mine. Hard to belive that it got a PG rating. My personal scariest film? 'Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer'. It's not scary in a "jump out of your seat" kind of way, but on a deep, psychological level. Extremely well done and feels totally realistic. As for the more fantastic side of horror, I like the original version of 'The Haunting'.

those kind of real movies like that.
they make my stomache turn
feeling how real it is
there is this one, "cannibal holocaust"
it has real footage of people and animals being killed
that hit me hard.
and uh this gg allin music dvd.
haha, i know
i like his music, it's silly
but you see him do his business on stage
and attempt to rape like 5 girls.
it's scary, in a weird sense, i guess.

I remember two totally creepy movies from my childhood, which I'm sure wouldn't be scary now. The problem is though, I can't remember the names, but they're both similar.
The first one's about a boy who draws pictures to escape his abusive father but steps into the pictures. The first times he draws them he forgets things like..draws a boy in a window from the waist up but when he goes inside the house the boy has no legs. And he makes a friend in there who turns out to be dangerous.
The second is about a boy with Leukemia who has no hair. He gets a recipe from a witch but botches it and his hair grows longer and longer. Eventually the boy is kidnapped by a man who uses the hair to make paintbrushes. The brushes make pictures that you can step into and the boy goes into a painting to escape the kidnapper.
Anyone rememeber these movies from about 15 years ago?

ooh the first one sounds scary.
i wish you knew the name.
i'd go find it.

really? i had to list the most well-known ones. However, I'm more than aware that the best horror films haven't been seen by a lot of people, like a late 70s classic called: Phantom - which scared a living day lights off me when I was growing up

and

an Italian horror film director - Dario Argento (very famous in Italy) who made some incredible horror films (and gory too!)

tenebre.. opera.. demons.. demons 2.. and others. he is the man

I say Phantasm. scared the bejeezes out of me when I was younger! I would NEVER go around a corner b/c of that movie!

i've never seen that movie
but my boyfriend bought
"PHANTASM 2 : THE BALL IS BACK"
it sounds stupid...
maybe i should give it a chance

Superior Galactic Grandma, after eatinga block of cheese, smoking three packsof cigarettes, and drinking a quart of milk... disgusting, that's the word ...R.I.P. Adam Sanders & Steve Harmonilove&missyouboth

#78 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:35 PM

I don’t care for gore or special effects, either, unless realistically used specifically in war films. If I'm going to watch a "scary" film, I prefer psychologically-based thrillers/suspense. Here are some of my preferences:

“Platoon," “Rebecca” (1940), “The Crying Game,” “Charade,” “Capital Punishment” (1925), “The Uninvited” (1944), “The Deer Hunter,” “A Place in the Sun,” “The Silence of the Lambs.”

Viv

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 17 August 2006 - 04:37 PM.

#79 A.L.E.X.

A.L.E.X.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Love horror movies and being scared. Want to experience ghost activity but I ain't touching no Ouija board.

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:53 PM

The Exorcist is up there but didn't scare me as much as I thought prolly cause I've heard so much about it before hand. The Shining is definitely scary those twins eek gimme the creeps. The Ring is probably the most recent scariest film so far. I think you guys forgot about Alien there were some scary scenes in that first one and what about The Sixth Sense? That movie was scary the first time and what a twist at the end. I think it blew everyone's mind.
"Live or die...make your choice."

#80 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:06 PM

Hands down, no questions asked, has yet to be topped in my books...The Changling.

I definitely agree with you on this one. The image of the ball bouncing down the stairs has stayed with me for over over 20 years as one of the eeriest things I have ever seen. Then finding out a few years ago that it was based on a true story added that much more to the creepy factor. Brrrr!

I'm glad I ran across this discussion. With Halloween nearing, I've been in the worst mood to watch eerie movies. Y'all have reminded me of some good ones I'd forgotten about.

#81 Fairie

Fairie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:My Paranormal Group,Southern New England Paranormal, My Spiritualist Church, My Daughter, True Friends ( LOVE YA ANGELINAYORKE ) , ( CTGHOSTHUNTER ) , My Portrait tattoo of my daughter Anya.

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

Hands down, no questions asked, has yet to be topped in my books...The Changling.

I definitely agree with you on this one. The image of the ball bouncing down the stairs has stayed with me for over over 20 years as one of the eeriest things I have ever seen. Then finding out a few years ago that it was based on a true story added that much more to the creepy factor. Brrrr!

I'm glad I ran across this discussion. With Halloween nearing, I've been in the worst mood to watch eerie movies. Y'all have reminded me of some good ones I'd forgotten about.

I think the Descent is the scariest movie I have ever seen to date

#82 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:10 PM

The spookiest film to me has to be a tie between the Exorcist I and Halloween I.

I do like the older suspense/thrillers such as The Uninvited (1944), Rebecca (1940) - Masterpiece theatre does a great version of this too, Suspicion (1941), Notorious (1946), Vertigo (1958) and one of my newer favorites is
What Lies Beneath (2000).
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#83 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:51 PM

those kind of real movies like that.
they make my stomache turn
feeling how real it is
there is this one, "cannibal holocaust"
it has real footage of people and animals being killed
that hit me hard.
and uh this gg allin music dvd.
haha, i know
i like his music, it's silly
but you see him do his business on stage
and attempt to rape like 5 girls.
it's scary, in a weird sense, i guess.

Yah know, I'm the kind of guy that will watch some pretty absurd horror movies involving gore for the sake of gore, but cannibal holocaust did nothing for me, although I did buy the collectors edition of the dvd recently, just because I have a feeling its going to be worth some cash in a few years.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#84 Guest_Crone_*

Guest_Crone_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:29 PM

I'm still waiting for a scary movie to come out that beats The Exorcist. I'm real picky when it comes to spooky movies. I don't like the blood/gore/shasher type movies. They don't leave anything to the imagination. I keep looking for that movie that will make me want to hide my eyes. Something that will make my heart beat faster out of fear. Maybe I just don't scare easily, but it seems that somewhere out there is a plain, old-fashion scary movie.

#85 hairpin

hairpin

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:53 AM

It's true that nothing can hold a candle to the classics. But recently I saw a film called Dead Birds and it creeped me out pretty good. I didn't hear about it when it came out in 2004, which is weird because it has Patrick Fugit from "Almost Famous", and I really like him. (also Henry Thomas from ET...still a cutie after all of these years)

Here's a sample of the uber creepiness....

I was going to link the picture directly in the post, but maybe I better give you a warning first...

because it may cause you to spill your coffee!

Scary!
You cannot use the paranormal to prove the paranormal. -Cody Polstonwww.sgha.netSouthwest Ghost Hunters Association - SHIELD Team LeaderThe 10 BIGGEST mistakes made by ghost hunters.

#86 whiskeysuicide

whiskeysuicide

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:. joe strummer <3 . the clash . the mescarleros . this rockin' world . reggae . elvis . kitty-cats . riots . supernatural . vampires. faeries . aliens . jurassic park . ghosts . graveyards . ramen noodles . my love. yer face . ATHF . DBZ . chalupas . animals . halloween . ookie spookie things . saving the world .

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:52 PM

well, i was looking for some japanese horror movies because those seem to always scare the pants off me, and i found one called "suicide club/circle". it's got some cheesy effects but for some reason the whole idea of the movie and plot really makes my stomache turn, i think i might have to watch some disney movies for the next three weeks to calm my nerves. :lol:

Superior Galactic Grandma, after eatinga block of cheese, smoking three packsof cigarettes, and drinking a quart of milk... disgusting, that's the word ...R.I.P. Adam Sanders & Steve Harmonilove&missyouboth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users