Nightmare Encyclopedia review in Rue Morgue

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:03 AM

It's in the new April 2006 issue, should still be on the stands. They were a little rough on the book, but thought you'd want to know about it anyway.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#2 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:42 AM

Thanks for letting us know! Oh well, I guess we can't make everyone happy.
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#3 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:04 AM

I'm gonna have to pick it up.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:45 PM

They panned it pretty hard I see. Don't let 'em get ya' down Jeff. Better luck next time!
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#5 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:26 PM

Isnt it typical how one uhoh can eliminate 99 ataboys .

Fishing wouldnt be called fishing if you caught a fish every time you threw your line in the water , it would be called catching . :angry:

The Force is strong with you Mr.Belanger great things in the future I see for you.

Rockhauler2k1

Edited by Rockhauler2k1, 20 April 2006 - 04:27 PM.

Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:41 AM

hmmmm...one bad review in a barely known publication...not too bad Jeff! The book is selling and the people that have read it love it...well with one exception. Hey, at least that one person still bought the book...lol.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:55 PM

where can u buy them
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#8 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:46 AM

Snakebite,

You can buy my books at bookstore chains like Barnes & Noble and Borders, or online at places like Amazon.com. If you go to the Ghostvillage.com homepage (http://www.ghostvillage.com) you can click on a book cover to go directly to the Amazon page for it.

-Jeff Belanger
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#9 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:00 AM

~My Mom-in-Law was over for the weekend and I showed her Jeff's books, and told her that I'd love to have them for my birthday. Guess what...I think she's going to get me all 3!!!!! I can't wait to read them, and as far as the critic...who cares??!! I only listen to 3 people...me, myself, and I. I think you're doing a wonderful job, Jeff. Does this lone critic have a book out him/her self?? Hmmmm....
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#10 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:02 PM

thanks jeff im going to check them out
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users