© Fisana

Haunted Kansas

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:57 PM

I have read book after book after book and have YET to find a suitable haunted location in Kansas. The closest place is Sauer Castle in KCMO. Ft. Scott is at least a four hour drive southbound, Ft. Hayes is WAY too far west and Greely County which has White Woman Creek is practically Colorado. Stull is impassable, and I do mean impassable not impossible, and the buildings on the college campuses are more or less private property. I know we're the plains states, but good god! The Wornell (sp?) house is about half an hour to an hour from my house to KCMO, one of the many pony express stations is on State Line and that's open seasonally. Kansas is SOOO boring.
argh. I'm a ghost hunter living in a ghost challenged state.

#2 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:33 PM

There's the Eldridge Hotel in Lawrence.
http://www.legendsof...ntedHotels.html

The Savoy Grill -
http://www.unews.com...el-539765.shtml

What about Atchison Kansas?
http://www.legendsof...edAtchison.html

At KU there is the famous Virginia, the ghost of Sigma Nu.
http://www.ljworld.c...03/story/150185

Leavenworth, Kansas
http://www.hauntedho...es/ks/house.htm
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#3 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:10 PM

I looked through the list and out of all five, only a few are suitable:
Eldridge Hotel-Lawrence, KS- Not a bad idea
Hotel Savoy- This is near Union Station and I believe it was converted into apartments, though I'm not sure
Atchison- It would be easier to do the trolley tour and that's only in October.
KU- These are dorms and I don't think they'd appreciate strangers just walking in off the street.
Ft. Leavenworth-The haunted buildings are used as housing for personnel. I did go there about a year ago and knowing it's active makes one feel squeamish.

Thank you, though.

#4 BirdsMom

BirdsMom

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:42 AM

Well hey where are you at? Sounds like we need to get together and I will make sure we take you with us to one of our ongoing investigations at the Sallie house in Atchison. YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED. What kind of equipment do you have? Eldridge is haunted but I think it is still being remodled. They are very suportive of investigators and maybe when they are working on the place might be a really good idea any way. The big ball room downstairs is where we got our EVP. Don't waste any time on Stull, I have NEVER found anything there. NOTHING!!!!!

#5 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:35 PM

what about dodge city or meade
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#6 deathgoddess1981

deathgoddess1981

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:49 PM

ello... i also live in kansas and have recently been trying to find out about more places in ks that are haunted... i have been told stories by friends but never how to get to any of the places......

#7 kansashotelghost

kansashotelghost

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:40 PM

ello... i also live in kansas and have recently been trying to find out about more places in ks that are haunted... i have been told stories by friends but never how to get to any of the places......

deathgoddess1981,
I just returned from Olathe and found your post during a search. An interesting thing happened to me there that is still in my mind and I guess I need to tell someone about it. I live in Seattle and just returned today from a business trip where I stayed at a hotel in Olathe, Kansas. I've been going to Olathe on business and staying at the same hotel once a week for the past month with each visit lasting 2-3 days. It's the Hampton Inn at 120815 Strang Line Rd. The first few times I stayed there I noticed that they were in the middle of adding on a new wing to the hotel, and so I stayed in the existing portion.

During this trip (3/28) I stayed one night and they gave me a room (338) in the new wing. They had just opened it to new guests since my last trip and I was having a restless night of sleep especially adjusting to the time difference between the West coast time but I finally fell asleep. At 1:48am the TV turned on by itself at a high volume.

I woke up immediately and turned the TV back off. When I returned to bed I started thinking how this could happen and assumed it had a wake up alarm feature. I couldn't get back to sleep and decided to find the remote which was on a table away from the bed and look for the alarm feature on the TV. There was no such alarm feature, so I turned off the TV and went back to bed. In about 30 secs a series of quick light knocks on the wall directly behind me began then stopped and started again then stopped. I felt a tingle down my neck to my toes. I started thinking of asking for a room in the existing portion of the hotel and finally convinced myself that there was a logical explanation.

The next morning while checking out, I asked the young girl at the front desk who works with Elton and Therrin(?) whether the TVs have wake up alarms and she said they didn't. I then reported the knocking on the wall and she mentioned that I was the only guest staying in the section of the new wing. I reported to her about the TV turning on by itself and she wrote down my report. Needless to say the next night at a different hotel, I unplugged the TV in the room and am still a little freaked out by this occurrence.

#8 Ecco

Ecco

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

Hey folks, I'm a kansas person--I live just off KSU campus, so if anyone needs a campus tour guide or more local info, just drop me a line!

#9 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:45 AM

Hi kansashotelghost,

I was really interested in your post. Mostly because the hotel you stayed in is right in my neighborhood! I may have to go check in to Room 338 to see what happens.

I have been thinking about what used to be in this area before all of the stores and restaurants were built. As I recall there was a truck stop and a drive-in but little else from the 60's through the early 90's. May have to invesitigate a little to see what was here prior to that.

Thanks for the interesting post.
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#10 Morgan110463

Morgan110463

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:50 AM

There's the Eldridge Hotel in Lawrence.
http://www.legendsof...ntedHotels.html

The Savoy Grill -
http://www.unews.com...el-539765.shtml

What about Atchison Kansas?
http://www.legendsof...edAtchison.html

At KU there is the famous Virginia, the ghost of Sigma Nu.
http://www.ljworld.c...03/story/150185

Leavenworth, Kansas
http://www.hauntedho...es/ks/house.htm

Yes, The Savoy Grill Is Still One Of The Finest Restaurants In Our Lovely City,(4 Stars)**** I Don't Care If My Dead Grandmother Were To Take My Order @ The Savoy--- I'll Never Stay Away From The Absolute BEST CAESAR SALAD (Prepared Tableside) In Kansas City!!!!" WILD (DEAD) HORSES COULDN'T DRAG ME AWAY"......

#11 Morgan110463

Morgan110463

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:07 AM

deathgoddess1981,
I just returned from Olathe and found your post during a search. An interesting thing happened to me there that is still in my mind and I guess I need to tell someone about it. I live in Seattle and just returned today from a business trip where I stayed at a hotel in Olathe, Kansas. I've been going to Olathe on business and staying at the same hotel once a week for the past month with each visit lasting 2-3 days. It's the Hampton Inn at 120815 Strang Line Rd. The first few times I stayed there I noticed that they were in the middle of adding on a new wing to the hotel, and so I stayed in the existing portion.

During this trip (3/28) I stayed one night and they gave me a room (338) in the new wing. They had just opened it to new guests since my last trip and I was having a restless night of sleep especially adjusting to the time difference between the West coast time but I finally fell asleep. At 1:48am the TV turned on by itself at a high volume.

I woke up immediately and turned the TV back off. When I returned to bed I started thinking how this could happen and assumed it had a wake up alarm feature. I couldn't get back to sleep and decided to find the remote which was on a table away from the bed and look for the alarm feature on the TV. There was no such alarm feature, so I turned off the TV and went back to bed. In about 30 secs a series of quick light knocks on the wall directly behind me began then stopped and started again then stopped. I felt a tingle down my neck to my toes. I started thinking of asking for a room in the existing portion of the hotel and finally convinced myself that there was a logical explanation.

The next morning while checking out, I asked the young girl at the front desk who works with Elton and Therrin(?) whether the TVs have wake up alarms and she said they didn't. I then reported the knocking on the wall and she mentioned that I was the only guest staying in the section of the new wing. I reported to her about the TV turning on by itself and she wrote down my report. Needless to say the next night at a different hotel, I unplugged the TV in the room and am still a little freaked out by this occurrence.

Wow, I Grew Up In Olathe, Kansas ----- and yes, The TWIN Drive-In Stood There For Years With a Christmas Tree Grower To The Right Of The Old Entrance To The South Twin Drive-In. I know of The Apartments That NOW SIT DIRECTLY ON THIS SPOT, (Built in The Mid 80's) There Was A Murder In The Apartments Approximately 2-3 Years After The Completion of This Complex. I am Not Sure Which Hotel You Are Speaking Of, But I Am Thinking You Must Have Been Slightly To The Left Of This Land and Referring To All The NEW MAJOR DEVELOPMENT THAT Was Started Later-- (The Late Nineties) Several Hotels Now Line This Area Along With Theme Restaurants and A VERY Shopping District Stretching to 119th Street. (Where The Old Truck Stop Sat) The Road Running Along The Old Twin Drive-In Was Called FRONTAGE ROAD-- But Was Renamed STRANG-LINE ROAD back during the Redevelopment of this Land in the late 90's.------ What Is The Name Of This 'HAUNTED" Hotel????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users