Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Paranormal State

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:08 PM

~I just watched this show and all I could do was shake my head in disbelief. I'm not going on what Hollywood perceives as an excorcism or what I've ever believed what one really should be like. But this show had this excorcism was complete bull. This gal was supposed to be haunted by the devil himself. To me, the girl looked as though she was more hungry for the attention. Anyhoo....when they did the excorcism, the "devil" didn't do crap and was rather polite to the priest. If this gal was truly under the influence of Satan himself, I'm pretty sure it would've been much more nastier both verbally and physically.
Has anyone watched this show before and what were your views on it?
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#2 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:21 PM

I've made my feelings about this show very clear in the past. While I am sure the kids in it are perfectly nice people, the show itself is complete crap with no basis in fact.

Edited by Seeker, 02 November 2008 - 01:22 PM.

There is nothing left to say.Me

#3 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:57 PM

I actually like the show because I like anything creepy anyway (mind you, I haven't seen a lot of episodes). I haven't seen this episode, what is it called? I'll check it out.

Whatever

#4 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:02 PM

I admit, I was disappointed in this episode. I usually enjoy watching it, but this was not one of their best.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#5 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:48 PM

I actually like the show because I like anything creepy anyway (mind you, I haven't seen a lot of episodes). I haven't seen this episode, what is it called? I'll check it out.

~I'm not sure of the exact title, but it had to do with an excorcism of Laura...maybe that's the title??? I'm not sure, but maybe that's the title.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#6 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

~This was maybe the 2nd or 3rd time I've ever watched the show but after today, I've had my fill.

#7 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

Okay, I'll check the episode out. Thanks!

Whatever

#8 Free Bird

Free Bird

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

They do tend to get into the evil possession bit too often. Those episodes must do better in the ratings for some reason. Me, I would rather see a less dramatic investigation with friendly spirits.

#9 HRPRG_Belinda

HRPRG_Belinda

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:18 AM

The title is "I am six" and I agree that the girl was starved for attention and although I have never personally witnessed one the exorcism seemed way too nice to me.

#10 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:13 AM

I Am Six...thanks Belinda. Now that I have a specific title name I can check it out before I say anything else.

Whatever

#11 rachel43

rachel43

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, microbiology, and a myriad of other interests that I could add on here. I am a truthseeker, and am not afraid of the paranormal.

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

I was cut up to see how upset the poor girl was to be told that she was possessed. She is about the age of my daughter, and it really upset me to see her hurt like that. I couldn't watch the exorcism.

I have seen other exorcisms on YOUTUBE, but this one tore me to pieces. She was so upset at being told that she was the one that was haunted and not the house.

Also, other people have received marks on their bodies from negative energies, and nobody accuses them of being possessed.

I truly felt for Laura. Yes, there was a spirit on the property, but I didn't feel she was possessed by it. Why didn't they cleanse the house, too?

They should have at least hid her identity. If her self-esteem was already low; having the rest of the world think you were possessed would not do much for her self-esteem. What kind of after care did they provide for her?

It is one thing to go into somebody's home and tell them that they have a negative energy attached to them. However, these are real people with real problems. Her psychologist said that she was sane, but there must be something else that may have been upsetting her. Did she have a split from a husband, boyfriend, etc? Was she concerned that at 26, she was still living at home with her parents? I can believe the spirit was drawn to her, but I don't think it was a demonic. I think her vulnerability made her suseptiable (unsure of spelling) to whatever spirit was on the property. It didn't mean the spirit was demonic.

The negative energy was just drawn to her and using her, but I would not call what she had a true possession. She is a sensitive person emotionally. It could even be that she is psychic and was a beacon to the spirit that attached itself, while she was a low point in her life.

I really pray that Laura is happy now and more self-assured, although I would guess is a bit of a latent medium.

#12 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:46 PM

Shortly after this episode my daughter and I watched "The Exorcism or Emily Rose" on cable and I couldn't help but notice the similarities. I'm not saying Laura was faking anything, but her "possession" was almost exactly like that of the movie, which was based on a true story.

I just think in Laura's case there was a lot more going on that the show never got to reveal, or even that the family did not reveal. Something was strange to me. For example, why was she even still living at home in the first place at age 26? Is she an only child? It just seemed that she was overly dependent on her parents and extremely child-like for an adult.

At the end of the episode they showed that things were quiet for a couple of weeks but the activity had picked up again. I believe there is much more going on and that this young woman is more mentally ill than her shrink either knows or let on. It was strange to me, very strange.

I know this is already an old post, but I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts, or not.

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#13 brettlee

brettlee

• I am a Spammer...I LOVE SPAM!
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:30 AM

My favorites are Dudleytown and what we used to call the Civil War jail house in the woods located on the Burlinton/Bristol line. Is that Stonington? Anyway...
We just visited that place last week and hit Green Lady Cemetery as well. Kids loved it and I hoped to keep the old magic alive in their imaginations.

Edited by aloha_spirit, 26 May 2010 - 07:32 PM.

#14 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:48 AM

:) :ghost: If this was the show I saw where she was the "perfect possession because she became willing to be possessed" rather then fight it off anymore I am sure I saw it. These group of people have become overwhelmed by their own beliefs. Their seeing demonic possession in everything is scary. I think they are honest in their beliefs but are seeing demons way to often in everything.

The show I did see a few weeks ago that really bothered me was the 3 guys who were like the 3 stooges chasing spooks. They were EXTREME ghost hunters. They went to a prison in New Mexico and tried to resurrect the spirit of the man who had been set on fire. They felt they were successful when they saw smoke down the hall. They then went to a lake that had submerged a city underneath and floated candles on it to call forth the entity of a gunfighter who had killed a number of citizens underneath the water. These guys were geeks copying ancient and unnecessary rituals to entice spirits to come to their ritual circles.

I admit that I like these "ghost shows". They have some very good ideas and are fun to watch but to take them too seriously or as the last say in "ghost hunters" is dangerous the same as believing each show is the beginning and only way to "hunt ghosts".

Sharon

#15 Ryuu

Ryuu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Video games and anime not as heavily as I used to be though just watch anime and play video games once in a while. And the paranormal of course.

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

I don't like Paranormal State because they posted a paragraph on a website of some sort talking crap about TAPS (Ghost Hunters) because they were using a religous approach to an investigation which they don't normally do

And a friend of mine named Jody investigated with them once and told me it was fake to a point. And knowing its fake to a point makes it real hard to watch.
"A winner is a loser who will get up and try again." - Dennis DeYoung

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users