• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Japanese_American

Japanese_American

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:44 PM

There is a bridge in Pasadena Ca on Colorado Blvd that's supposedly haunted. According to witnesses, the bridge was named Suicide Bridge because the folks in Pasadena commit suicide. I heard that there are lost ones there looking for something and if you go there at night, you can see or feel their presence.

#2 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:56 PM

Mykiedave and I live in Texas now, but we just recently moved here from California, about 15 minutes outside Pasadena.

"Suicide Bridge" is actually an absolutely gorgeous bridge....Lamposts run its length and it's especially beautiful at night.

While I wouldn't generalize and say "the folks in Pasadena commit suicide", it would seem that there is higher than normal number of suicides from that bridge. Many have attributed it to the amount of college students in the area who are having trouble dealing with the pressure of their studies.

It does have the reputation of being haunted. While I have driven over the bridge many times, I have never visited the area below( the bridge does not run over water..it's actually more of an exit ramp bridge. The bridge itself is over a huge parking area for the business below.)

For those of you who don't know us, Mykiedave is an empath and I am a visualist. Neither of us have picked anything up from the bridge itself. We have never felt that any imprints have been left behind, and I have never seen a spirit in the location.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#3 Japanese_American

Japanese_American

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 06:13 PM

Mykiedave and I live in Texas now, but we just recently moved here from California, about 15 minutes outside Pasadena.

"Suicide Bridge" is actually an absolutely gorgeous bridge....Lamposts run its length and it's especially beautiful at night.

While I wouldn't generalize and say "the folks in Pasadena commit suicide", it would seem that there is higher than normal number of suicides from that bridge. Many have attributed it to the amount of college students in the area who are having trouble dealing with the pressure of their studies.

It does have the reputation of being haunted. While I have driven over the bridge many times, I have never visited the area below( the bridge does not run over water..it's actually more of an exit ramp bridge. The bridge itself is over a huge parking area for the business below.)

For those of you who don't know us, Mykiedave is an empath and I am a visualist. Neither of us have picked anything up from the bridge itself. We have never felt that any imprints have been left behind, and I have never seen a spirit in the location.

Maybe, but I heard there is a ghost tour on the bridge

#4 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:16 PM

Not that I ever heard about, JA - But then again, I sure don't know everything, so I guess there could be some type of tour.

I don't know how they'd do it, though...It's a really, really heavily travelled exit from the highway!
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 Aumakua

Aumakua

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:54 AM

There is a bridge in Pasadena Ca on Colorado Blvd that's supposedly haunted. According to witnesses, the bridge was named Suicide Bridge because the folks in Pasadena commit suicide. I heard that there are lost ones there looking for something and if you go there at night, you can see or feel their presence.

Weird that you post about this. Last week , someone and I went to the base of this bridge. We got an EVP that said something like " Shoot me". At least that's what it sounds like. It could be " Should we" because I had asked the question out loud if anyone wanted to speak. It's kind of peaceful down there, much to my surprise. I thought it would be more creepy.

Anyone else been down there ?

We're planning on going to the Enchanted Forest on the north part of Pasadena next.

#6 Japanese_American

Japanese_American

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:03 AM

Not that I ever heard about, JA - But then again, I sure don't know everything, so I guess there could be some type of tour.

I don't know how they'd do it, though...It's a really, really heavily travelled exit from the highway!

I'll find out from the Coast to Coast website. Oh yeah, Jeff said he's interested in going on to Coast to Coast

#7 Japanese_American

Japanese_American

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:05 AM

Weird that you post about this. Last week , someone and I went to the base of this bridge. We got an EVP that said something like " Shoot me". At least that's what it sounds like. It could be " Should we" because I had asked the question out loud if anyone wanted to speak. It's kind of peaceful down there, much to my surprise. I thought it would be more creepy.

Anyone else been down there ?

We're planning on going to the Enchanted Forest on the north part of Pasadena next.

Ha! :D I went up there one night and it was spooky! I like the Enchanted Forest. But friends called it the Haunted Forest, the one going north on Lake Ave, till it ends

#8 Aumakua

Aumakua

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 02:04 AM

I didn't think the bridge was too spooky. Kind of peaceful actually. Aside from the voice we got on tape and a couple noises, it was kind of uneventful. I think we're going back soon. Now the Forest...that's something different. That's SPOOKY. I've been there in the daytime. It's weird even then.

You've been there ?

#9 Blackfrancis0708

Blackfrancis0708

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 02:19 AM

Does anyone know of other haunted Pasadena locations (or San Gabriel Valley for that matter) that are accessible?

#10 Japanese_American

Japanese_American

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 02:23 AM

Well, there's always the Queen Mary

#11 Japanese_American

Japanese_American

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 02:44 AM

Holly and everyone from the Pasadena/San Gabriel Valley area, there is a ghost tour in Souhern Cal. he guest has been on Coast to Coast a.m. and hopefully Jeff will too. I recommended Jeff to go on the show and here is a guy named Michael J. Kouri and his site about haunted Pasadena and links to his site:

Michael Kouri page, click here.

Also if you're interested in more ghost stories and/or pics, go to:

Coast to Coast AM

#12 Assasin74

Assasin74

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:31 PM

Ok Here is the deal on Colorado St. Bridge (Suicide Bridge). The nickname came from the Depression era, when many (sometimes as many as 1-2 daily) people, mostly men; jumped from the bridge to the Arroyo Seco below (very rocky). The bridge was closed for restoration for MANY MANY years and reopened in 1998/99. The information is available in quite a few books. I spent quite sometime researching the early days of Pasadena and its buildings. There are lots of great books, check them out.

#13 Assasin74

Assasin74

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:35 PM

Colorado Bridge is over water....not a huge body, but it's the Arroyo Seco. There is no Business below. I am wondering if you might be thinking of another bridge.

PASADENA NATIVE

#14 Japanese_American

Japanese_American

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:50 PM

Colorado Bridge is over water....not a huge body, but it's the Arroyo Seco. There is no Business below. I am wondering if you might be thinking of another bridge.

PASADENA NATIVE

I stand corrected, there are no ghosts on suicide bridge. And yes, Suicide bridge is on Colorado Boulevard west of Old Towne Pasadena

#15 Shani

Shani

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:05 PM

PASADENA NATIVE

I stand corrected, there are no ghosts on suicide bridge. And yes, Suicide bridge is on Colorado Boulevard west of Old Towne Pasadena

So, if you weren't thinking of the Suicide Bridge on Colorado, which bridge were you thinking of?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users