#316 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,811 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:08 PM

Every storm that has come into your life has widened your horizon, has made you deep and more powerful. Every storm has destroyed some smallness in you, something in you that has been very small --> Poojyaneeya Sri Sri Ravishankar

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#317 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:49 AM

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

Francis Bacon

#318 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,811 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:00 AM

People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to --> George E. Allen

#319 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,811 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:02 AM

The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible - Arthur.C Clarke

#320 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,811 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:00 AM

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours- it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins. -Bob Moawad

#321 Mark London

Mark London

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:43 AM

All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry.

Edgar Allan Poe

#322 gaia227

gaia227

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:I am an animal lover and proud mama of two beautiful kitties, love and respect the earth and it's inhabitants, I am trying to do my part as far as reducing MY effect on the earth, global warming, animal habitat destruction, etc - don't own a car use mass transit, recycle, donate money and time, learning to become more energy effcient-that kinda thing.<br />I am interesting in social/political issues and tend to be pretty opinionated about it. Mostly my interests with that lie in the plight of third world countries living in the shadow of 1st world industry super-powers....fun, huh?<br />On a lighter note I love to read, love crossword puzzles, a strong cup of Earl Grey tea, a little bit of a history buff, obviously interested in the paranormal, love a good ghost story, music is a big part of my life, love going to the theater, museums, I love old things-anything that has a good history behind it intrigues me, collect old photographs of NYC, use to fancy myself as a writer but starting to rethink that.<br />On an academic level my interests are in Anthropology, Archaeology, animal science/behavior, social/political philosophy-Marxism.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:46 AM

The Greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated -- Ghandi

#323 gaia227

gaia227

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:I am an animal lover and proud mama of two beautiful kitties, love and respect the earth and it's inhabitants, I am trying to do my part as far as reducing MY effect on the earth, global warming, animal habitat destruction, etc - don't own a car use mass transit, recycle, donate money and time, learning to become more energy effcient-that kinda thing.<br />I am interesting in social/political issues and tend to be pretty opinionated about it. Mostly my interests with that lie in the plight of third world countries living in the shadow of 1st world industry super-powers....fun, huh?<br />On a lighter note I love to read, love crossword puzzles, a strong cup of Earl Grey tea, a little bit of a history buff, obviously interested in the paranormal, love a good ghost story, music is a big part of my life, love going to the theater, museums, I love old things-anything that has a good history behind it intrigues me, collect old photographs of NYC, use to fancy myself as a writer but starting to rethink that.<br />On an academic level my interests are in Anthropology, Archaeology, animal science/behavior, social/political philosophy-Marxism.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:08 PM

Some favorites from Mark Twain:

I have never let schooling interfere with my education - Mark Twain

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man. - Twain

Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they can't understand, but the passages that bother me are the ones I do understand - Twain

Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it - Mark Twain from the essay The Lowest Animal

Familiarity breeds contempt - and children - Twain

#324 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,811 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:21 AM

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

- Carl Sagan

#325 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,811 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:41 PM

"Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere."

#326 Mark London

Mark London

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Winston Churchill

#327 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,811 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:09 PM

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Winston Churchill

:wow: Posted Image :)

#328 Mark London

Mark London

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:27 PM

HeHe nice one moonie, I love this artwork :wow:

#329 Mark London

Mark London

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.

Jimi Hendrix

#330 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,811 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:13 AM

To be a man of knowledge one needs to be light and fluid --> Yaqui Mystic

0 user(s) are reading this topic