Haunting Melody

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 shadowdancer

shadowdancer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:I have always been fascinated by what most people can not believe or imagine.Ever since i was 5,I have seen and known that there are things that can't be scientifically explained or understood.Theres power in words,and theres a life essence to everything.<br />In my life first is God.And its because of my belief in the powers of God that i also believe there are other forces and powers among us.<br />Walk in the light and in prayer.<br />Shadowdancer

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:05 AM

Hi,
I live in Cameron,Nc.My husband and three children moved here a little over 3 three years ago from Massachusetts.
Anyway, there are nights that theres this music that i can't discribe other then to say that its old and its almost like something you may hear on a long ago love story on a black and white movie.The thing is that its in the dead of night that it starts and when i have asked my husband if hes heard it he says no.I have gone outside and its comming from the woods,but theres no other houses that its comming from, and the direction its comming from is where a swamp is.It's very creepy out there at night it just feels so oppressive and sad.The music is sometimes it more up beat but it always keep me awake when it starts,and goes on for hours.The dogs have even howled sometimes through the sound of it.
I was just wondering if anyone out there had experienced this or something like it and may know what,or why this is.Any thoughts would be wonderful.Thanks...
Shadowdancer

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:33 AM

Hi Shadow Dancer & welcome! This sounds very eery...is there any way you can try to record this? A camcorder would be great...so you could maybe show your husband (we'd like to see it too!!). There are many, many folks here that can help you with this. Do you by any chance know any history of the area? You could either ask around, go to the local library or museum. I can't wait to hear if you've found anything out on this place...very creepy! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. :Spaz:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 shadowdancer

shadowdancer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:I have always been fascinated by what most people can not believe or imagine.Ever since i was 5,I have seen and known that there are things that can't be scientifically explained or understood.Theres power in words,and theres a life essence to everything.<br />In my life first is God.And its because of my belief in the powers of God that i also believe there are other forces and powers among us.<br />Walk in the light and in prayer.<br />Shadowdancer

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:48 AM

Hi,
I live in Cameron,Nc.My husband and three children moved here a little over 3 three years ago from Massachusetts.
Anyway, there are nights that theres this music that i can't discribe other then to say that its old and its almost like something you may hear on a long ago love story on a black and white movie.The thing is that its in the dead of night that it starts and when i have asked my husband if hes heard it he says no.I have gone outside and its comming from the woods,but theres no other houses that its comming from, and the direction its comming from is where a swamp is.It's very creepy out there at night it just feels so oppressive and sad.The music is sometimes it more up beat but it always keep me awake when it starts,and goes on for hours.The dogs have even howled sometimes through the sound of it.
I was just wondering if anyone out there had experienced this or something like it and may know what,or why this is.Any thoughts would be wonderful.Thanks...
Shadowdancer

I havent yet found out much about the place.I have had experiences with supernatural encounters before.But this is unique in regards to the music.
I have talked to a few locals and they don't believe they have heard of anything odd in this area.
I do have pics i took outside and you can see Orbs.Also some taken inside at Christmas time there are certain pics in my kitchen and livingroom that has more then one orb.They are white and if you'd like i can show them to you.
My husband wanted to burn a cd of photos,so he asked me to name the pictures,it was just this morning i realized that certain pictures have the orbs while others don't.Thats what propmted me to join and post.
I know what i am hearing is real,and would love to try to record it with maybe evp,but i don't know much about that really.
Thank for welcoming me...and i hope i have alot i can share.
Shadowdancer....

#4 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:53 AM

We'd love to see the pictures!!!! If you're not familiar with posting pics, let me/us know & we'll walk you through it. Can't wait to hear and see more! You're absolutley gonna love it here- you've just become a part of a big family! :Spaz:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#5 shadowdancer

shadowdancer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:06 AM

I can create a photobucket and then just add the pics that maybe easier and post the link or if theres a better way i am open to suggestions about the pics.

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:04 PM

Check your IM inbox. Thank you.
Posted Image

#7 shadowdancer

shadowdancer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:18 PM

Im box check,reply sent....Thanks Moonie...
Shadowdancer :weeee:

#8 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:20 PM

Welcome to GV, shadowdancer! ;)

This is very intriguing, indeed. I, personally, have not had this happen, but I wonder if this is paranormal if it is a residual haunting? Another related issue that it might be is akin to the ďsmell of perfume/cigar smoke/etc.Ē that some people experience with the paranormal. In your case, though, instead of being a smell it is a sound.

A few quick questions:

- Does it occur at a specific time of night Ė meaning, the exact same time every time you hear it?
- Is it always the same part of the song or the song in itís entirety?

Just a few mundane possibilities running through my head: I wonder about the swamp. I know of swamp gases producing lights that are often referred to as paranormal, but arenít (canít remember the exact term Ė will-oí-the-wisps?). I have never heard of it producing sounds, much less a specific melody, though. But, perhaps, someone else would know more about that possibility if there is one. Also, I know how well sounds can travel through the right environment. Sounds travel very well over water (swamps included). I have been in the woods, etc. and heard voices as though they were right next to me, but come to find out the voices traveled from a house far away. Itís really amazing the way sound can travel in the right environment. This is why I asked if there was a specific time this occurs and if it is always the same part of the song. If yes on both counts, there, I would say it is most likely not from a human source traveling a long distance.

Too, it is interesting your husband doesnít hear this which is another factor leading me to believe this may very well be paranormal. If you and your husband are standing side-by-side when you hear this music and only you hear it, I would consider that pretty much discrediting any environmental cause, considering hubby has good hearing. :hug:

Dogs have good ears and are very sensitive to the paranormal Ė as are most animals. Itís good to know that at least your fur babies hear it, too, whether it is or is not paranormal. :)

If this song could be identified, you might just have the key to finding out whatís going on. So, if you can somehow get it recorded and post it, here, I would think someone would be able to identify that for you. Any pictures you have, too, will help.

Iím leaning towards paranormal with this one. The only thing sticking in my head as being a non-paranormal cause would be the sound traveling over land/water.

;)

Viv

#9 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:42 PM

Fascinating experience! I look forward to hearing more. :whoohoo:
Posted Image

#10 shadowdancer

shadowdancer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:56 AM

(A few quick questions:

- Does it occur at a specific time of night – meaning, the exact same time every time you hear it?
- Is it always the same part of the song or the song in it’s entirety?)

It always occurs after 11:00 pm and its either the entire song or sometimes starts in the middle and goes through...
When its started halfway through it usually plays all night long.The thing that seems to vary is how far away it sounds.
I have laid awake many nights trying to come up with the name of the song but it really escapes me,and as far as when the occassion of the music is more upbeat.That has happened about three to four times in these three years.So i don't know what is different about those nights.The songs are always the same two though.
The time intervale between when i hear the music and the next time i'll hear it is unknown at this point.Sometimes i'll hear it night after night,other times its every few weeks.The last time i heard it was Oct
14th.

#11 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:41 AM

Hi shadowdancer,

Thank you for answering my questions. :( Youíve certainly kept tabs on this which is very helpful in trying to discern its nature.

Itís the same song, itís either just played at a ďnormalĒ beat or, sometimes, at a faster beat, correct? This certainly sounds strange and the more you tell about its nature the more it doesnít sound mundane. I suppose, it could be someone playing that song, but itís really strange that it:

- would be more upbeat at some times than others.
- would begin in the middle of the song rather than the beginning.
- would play through the night on some specific occasions, unless itís on repeat for some reason. But, then I wonder why itís not set on repeat most nights, not just occasionally.
- seems to only be heard by you and your pets.
- is an older melody in itself. Now, more modern music, I would consider more likely to be of a mundane cause, but there arenít too many people around who regularly listen to the older melodies - and, one specific melody at that.
- Etc. Etc.

Although, any of these could certainly be caused by mundane circumstances, all of them added together with all the other strange factors donít add up in my mind given what I know so far.

Paranormally speaking, this could be a spirit trying to contact you or anyone around who is particularly sensitive to the paranormal. It might be a residual haunting, of sorts (the same episode being replayed over and over). There are a lot of possibilities, there.

There are a few people on this website (myself included) who love older music and movies. If you are ever able to get the music on tape or video...one of us might just be able to recognize this song for you. You seem to recognize this melody, but canít remember the title. I have that happen, myself, frequently. There were many popular songs of that time that were redone again and again by different bands (sometimes, the same bands would do varying recordings of the same song, as well). This might be adding to the confusion. Or, you may have heard it once and itís still haunting your memory. Still, perhaps, you've never heard this song before, but you are receiving a transference, of sorts, of emotions through the song from whatever paranormal rhelm this may be coming from. If this is paranormal and we can trace the song and perhaps even the date of the recording, you might be able to find some answers/meaning that way. That might help you if you did some research into this through older newspapers, etc.

This is certainly very strange and very intriguing.

Keep us posted on this. Any information you can get will be helpful to figuring this out. In the meantime, hopefully others will chime in with their ideas.

:D

Viv

#12 shadowdancer

shadowdancer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:38 PM

Thank Viv,Laurie Ann,and Leslie for all your ideas and thoughts...
Heres the pic you thought i should share,Viv.And to be honest with you,until you pointed out the small blue Orb near the Date stamp,i never saw that one.Only the one straight ahead....lol

http://i122.photobuc...dancer/Orb7.jpg

*so now to check others more closely.lol*

Heres the pic you thought i should share,Viv.And to be honest with you,until you pointed out the small blue Orb near the Date stamp,i never saw that one.Only the one straight ahead....lol

:blush: ......That was "Thank you", ladies.... :hug:

#13 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:29 PM

what a lovely photograph! it looks very peacful there. i can see other orbs which would probably be dust or pollen ect. But the little blue orb down next to the number 12 is really strange, it reminds me of the little coloured balls of light i used to see in my room when i was little.
it sounds very creepy about the music though! im interested in what else will occur here! keep us informed. oh! and welcome to ghost village! :weeee:

oops! i dont know how i managed to do a double post thingy! :ghost:
Posted Image

#14 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:41 PM

Hi shadowdancer. Have you tried keeping a journal on when you hear the music (to steal an idea from Laurie Ann to another on the forum). Include things like the date and time you hear th music, weather conditions, how you are feeling that day, any significant items in the news, etc. Who knows what the music might be connected to. You may not be able to see a pattern now, but by journalind these experiences, a pattern might become more recognizable. Maybe you have a band of Ghost Gypsies out in the swamp?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 shadowdancer

shadowdancer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:15 AM

Yesterday morning i had a rather disturbing experience.I had written to a wonderful,knowledgeable lady i met here about the experience and she suggested i should add it to my post.To get ideas or advice.
So, heres what happened.I had been on my computer working on some research for my home school lessons with my children,when my back door opened by its-self at 9:07 am.My dog who is housed in the back yard and in a pen,was barking and three of my cats sat in front of the door and stared at the door.
I closed the door looking out and seeing nothing.The feeling i got was a heavy feeling in my chest and
i panicked.I just had to get away from the door.
I had to get myself pulled together because i knew my children would be comming home from a night at their grandmothers soon.
I felt the presents in the house at the time i wrote the email and for quite some time afterwards.
Theres times when i have felt presents here that were sad or some even peaceful.This was neither.This really panicked me.

Until the beginnning of this week i had only kept a mental log of events like the music and its times and tempo.But now that i have noticed the pictures and recorded in a diary trying to peice things together, it seems i have caused a disturbance of sorts.
My spirit has become restless to solve this and know what is happening.
If any one has suggestions please,i'm all ears.
Thank,
Shadowdancer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users