new am i just crazy dark

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 No_one23

No_one23

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:43 PM

Hi, I'm new. I've never been clear on if there's some truth to this stuff and I don't know if I'm nuts. For years, as long as I can remember, I've felt like there was something in the dark. I know, everyone does. But, well...

I was staying over at my friend's house the night before I went to an event with her and we were carpooling since it was a 6 hour drive. As we were coming back, I don't remember what prompted it, but I said I wanted to make sure I had everything in the guest room before I went to bed because, when I'd gone to go get my pillow, I had this feeling of being watched. She asked if it was in the living room where I left my bag and I said yeah, and she looked at me kinda funny. I was driving, so I didn't have the chance to figure out what the look was, but I told her it wasn't a bad feeling it was more of a, "Dude, it's past midnight, stop ogling me," type of thing and she asked where he was and how I knew it was male. Meanwhile, I am confused as all get-out. I didn't know it was a guy, I didn't see anything, and it was right next to the front door, in the corner. And I try to laugh it off. She said she didn't want to tell me since not everyone can sense them and she didn't want to weird me out, but he'd been there for ages. He doesn't say anything, he just stands there and stares, and she has never been able to see him. Her father can see spirits, but she just hears them sometimes and can tell when they're there. They come to her dad since he can help, but they mostly just screw with her because they know she's there, but she says that, most of the time, if you just say you know they're there and you'd prefer they stop screwing with you, most will leave you alone.

I write horror stories. Not well, not often, but I do. So I added her as a character, and that was that. Last night I had a dream. I won't go into the details since my head takes a really roundabout way to make a point, but after having puzzled it out, I think it was that something smacked me upside the inside of my head and called me an idiot for not seeing it sooner. As I said, I have always felt like there was something in the dark. Not every night, not everywhere, but occasionally, maybe every couple of nights as a kid to two or three times every couple of months as an adult I have felt like there is something in the dark. It doesn't matter if someone is in the room with me, it (she?) is there. Always to my right. If I move so my right side is blocked by a wall it feels like she's standing right behind me and if both sides are blocked, she's glaring at me from the foot of my bed. She's not nice. I can't sleep when she's there because she scares me. I don't really scare easily, though. I get creeped out when I sense something, and there's a different kind of fear when someone is going to attack me physically, but this is a dull terror, if that makes sense. How can I tell if she's real? I had always written her off as a figment of my imagination or something in the back of my head triggered by abuse (verbal and emotional from a woman, which is why it was so easy for me to write her off as it). She is bitter and angry, and I feel that if I let my guard down while she's there she will hurt me, but if I keep staring at her all night after two nights or so she knows I sense her and am on my guard and she goes away. I never danced on graves, I never did anything wrong. Why me? I was 3 or 4 when she first appeared, and that was before the abuse.

TL;DR: Something angry in the dark. Am I crazy or is she real?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, am i just crazy, dark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users