Soul

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 deadzone

deadzone

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:I am a Clinical Psychologist, who uses a non-linear approach to helping individuals....Hence, my healthy obsession with the paranormal.....I enjoy debating, research, writing, plays, theater, designing web sites, and graphics, although not well versed in this area, I have fun doing it. I Adore animals and have several, a cat named Cuda, a dog named Skeeter, a horse named Diablo, a betta who fights with himself. I also paint, and blow glass......

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:51 PM

Often we identify ourselves by what we do, our knowledge, our self-gratifying pleasures and our possessions. But when we strip all the exterior physical trappings away, we are forced to view ourselves differently.

We are not physical beings that happen to have souls. We are fundamentally souls that have chosen to be in the physical.
What do the members here define "THE SOUL" as?
Posted Image

#2 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:56 AM

The soul to me is the part of myself that makes my body function.  Not so much the heart and lungs, etc...but thinking, feeling, seeing.  I also am a firm believer that the soul sits in the head.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#3 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:07 AM

I think the soul is our being.

It holds all the happiness and sorrow we've been exposed to throughout our lives, and it emits the emotions we choose to share at any given time.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#4 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:10 AM

deadzone,
On your thought of soul...How/why do you belive that the soul chosen to be in a physical body?.....
"You only get 1 shot!"

#5 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:59 AM

This is a tough one. My philosophy classes are screaming at me to respond a certain way, but my heart says something different. lol.

I don't think our possessions, our knowledge and experiences, etc, MAKE UP our soul, but I do think it helps to morph it over time. I don't think you can have one without the other. Or rather, I don't think your soul can evolve without the more mundane experiences of living in a physical body.

Take away the body, and I still think you have memory that exists within the soul. The soul, to me, isn't a tangible thing but, instead, is all that is UNtangible to us.

This really is a difficult question to answer, lol, but it's interesting to try.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#6 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:15 AM

I agree you cannot have one without the other. Your body is a shell and the energy and magnificent feature of a body is held through your soul. Personally your soul is the most powerful thing that GOD created. Your soul is there in the beginning and they’re through eternity. A soul is one thing that every single thing has in common. Rather your evil or heartless you have soul. Rather it's damaged or selfish you have a soul. Your soul can be traded but the cost is terrifying. Be good to it!

Hunny
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#7 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:25 AM

Im taking a stab at this....
Just a question....
If the mind/body has a memory that is like having a soul... then why cant we remember where we all came from?

And if we do have a choice as a soul to enter into physical bodies and/or we can trade it...Then how is this done?

I do have to say...You all have very good points...But as you can see..I always ask questions...Thanks!
"You only get 1 shot!"

#8 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:47 AM

Well to be honest that is a tricky question but a good one at the same time. So let me take a shot at this. Your soul should represent you and if YOU decide to mistreat it or ignore that you have a soul, that's entirely your decision. Comparing a mind with a soul is like comparing a cat with a hamster. Basically what I am saying is that the two are different so why would you compare them.

Hunny

#9 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:50 AM

Good Point Hunny!
"You only get 1 shot!"

#10 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:58 AM

Thanks! ;)

#11 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:54 AM

Hunny, I don't understand.  How is a soul traded and what is the cost?  And you're using the word "rather" and I don't understand its meaning.  Is it supposed to mean "even if"?  I'm just trying to clarify it for myself.
petunia4998

#12 Prometheus

Prometheus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:42 PM

I will use an example to explain my view of
our.If you take an egg and smash it into a bowl,it is still an egg.It is not the shell
that makes it egg.Likewise,our soul is truely who we are,our bodies is just the shell we reside in for the prsent.The soul
itself has no life,it does not die and we
come into physical form in order to learn lessons that help the soul grow,mature.We may take physical form many times to learn these lessons.If we fail to learn the lessons,then we must return until we do.This is particularly true in suicides where the lessons are cut short.So,in essence the soul is who we are and not the
body we inhabit.

#13 deadzone

deadzone

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:I am a Clinical Psychologist, who uses a non-linear approach to helping individuals....Hence, my healthy obsession with the paranormal.....I enjoy debating, research, writing, plays, theater, designing web sites, and graphics, although not well versed in this area, I have fun doing it. I Adore animals and have several, a cat named Cuda, a dog named Skeeter, a horse named Diablo, a betta who fights with himself. I also paint, and blow glass......

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:42 PM

The center of our being, our soul, is like everything; it has to grow, develop and mature. Sometimes it is important to let our intellect take a vacation and allow the soul to stretch its wings. The more the soul feels empowered, the more peaceful it becomes. The saying, "think with your heart and not with your head", means that we are permitting the soul, in its attachment to Creation, to commune and to touch and teach the rest of our being.
When we remove all of our third dimensional realities, our individual souls are equal to each other on all levels and are not confined by the physical margins of our existence. Through the soul we can explore and envision and imagine our worlds in any form we desire. If the soul's consciousness of itself is in harmony, the world would be a more peaceful place because that will become our reality.
I have always believed we existed before our bodies became a part of us, we have always been, and always will be. We are thought, we become what we want to be, with this we are then all part of the creator, the universal thought.....;)
Thanks for all the responses.....:)
Posted Image

#14 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:54 PM

First of all I never said I knew how a soul could be traded. I am not the person to ask for that information. I have heard of selling your soul as term referred to the devil. But I am not going to get into that. If you want more information on that search it on the Internet. As far as the word rather it means "Instead Of"

Hunny

#15 deadzone

deadzone

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:10 PM

While writing the above post, my neighbor was reading this thread over my shoulder, she surprised me with this question:
Ok, what if a soul decides to leave the body before its time and another soul walks into it?

I ask her if she was referring to the "walk in".....
She answered, yes.  I am not familiar with that concept as such, nor have I done much research on it, can anybody shed some light on what exactly a "walk in" is?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users