• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 10:42 AM

Hmmmmm interesting thoughts Ana. And it does make sense. I remember one time we were coming home from the movies and I kept seeing cops for some odd reason and the more I believed in seeing them they came! It's weird that the only thing that a human can't imagine is how someone else looks. But is that blocked out because of how powerful are soul truly is. I can talk to many people on the Internet and when I see them in person they are nothing like I pictured them.

Makes you wonder..

Hunny
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#77 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 23 July 2004 - 11:07 AM

a person who has a diability is God's greatest angels. Most people don't understand that but it is so true.

I somewhat agree with this statement.  The very definition of sin is knowingly doing something that's wrong.  It is sin that separates us from the Divine.  Since people with Down's  Syndrome (or other similar diseases) can't discern right from wrong, they are guaranteed salvation.  My uncle may physically be 50, but he has the mental capacity of a 7 year old - below the age of accountibility.

Another train of thought comes from what the Apostle Paul wrote.  He said that we will never be tempted / tried / tested beyond what we are able to bear.  That could be taken to mean those born with disabilities were stronger spirits in the pre-mortal existence.

Trudy,

I also grew up in a home where money was tight.  I was the fifth child, and as such never got anything fresh from the store.  All my clothes were hand-me-downs from four older brothers.  I got my first stereo when I was 17 or 18.  This, too, was a hand-me-down.

We had so little money that we spent time together doing free things.  My dad made two road trips per summer.  For the first one, he would bring one of his sons for one-on-one time.  My dad would do water samples and make notes about the local ecology (part of his job), then they would play together for a week.  The second road trip was taken as a whole family.  We would mostly camp or visit my grandparents' farm.

I guess what I want to say is that what we lacked in material goods, we made up for in love.  We learned lessons from playing pioneer that my younger brother and sister missed out on (or at least can't remember).

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#78 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 23 July 2004 - 11:37 AM

Thats GREAT Aloha....

I do agree that money cant compare to any of the love that was given to me growing up..I come from a family of six kids and my mom raised us up by herself..And she would always show us a good time without having too spend $...I do that w/my children now..Even though I have more $$ now then I did growing up..I still teach my children about really what spending time together means...Walk in a park..Playing in the rain..Material things come and go..Sure its nice to have them..But they dont give true happiness....

Now here's something I do belive..Everyone is just as important as the next..We are here for a reason...Good or Evil...Have you ever noticed that everything in its makeup is three fold...Everything..So I belive there is a pattern and plan..And we are all here because of it....
"You only get 1 shot!"

#79 deadzone

deadzone

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:I am a Clinical Psychologist, who uses a non-linear approach to helping individuals....Hence, my healthy obsession with the paranormal.....I enjoy debating, research, writing, plays, theater, designing web sites, and graphics, although not well versed in this area, I have fun doing it. I Adore animals and have several, a cat named Cuda, a dog named Skeeter, a horse named Diablo, a betta who fights with himself. I also paint, and blow glass......

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:20 PM

Ana,
Thats exactly what was said at the seminar, except you put it in such a way to explore that possibility....Thanks!!!!
Light:
I agree, and commend your creativity with your children.
the Aloha Spirit:
Your right, I do not think we are given anything we can't handle...
Once again thanks for all the responses to this thread, it has given me food for thought...:)
Posted Image

#80 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:50 AM

Returning to the original topic of this thread ...

Often we identify ourselves by what we do, our knowledge, our self-gratifying pleasures and our possessions. But when we strip all the exterior physical trappings away, we are forced to view ourselves differently.

We are not physical beings that happen to have souls. We are fundamentally souls that have chosen to be in the physical.
What do the members here define "THE SOUL" as?

I define the soul as our true selves.  It is our thoughts, experiences, and beliefs.  It is our personality.

The prophet Amulek wrote:

Ye cannot say, when ye are brought to that awful crisis [death], that I will repent, that I will return to my God.  Nay, ye cannot say this; for that spirit which doth possess your bodies at the time that ye go out of this life, that same spirit will have power to possess your body in that eternal world. (Alma 34:34. Emphasis added)

When we die, we will have the same thoughts, desires, and addictions (ie "the same spirit") as we do in this life.  That is our soul.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#81 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 11:11 AM

I agree that the soul is our personality. It is the devine art of our energy and  the light of day and night. I also think that it's a mixture of some type of ancient glow with a little spice. Our body is the shell that we damage but our soul is the cover that stays.

Hunny
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users