• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:13 PM

I've gone through this a lot lately, where I find that I'm not sure WHY I believe what I believe anymore. Maybe even not so much why, but what good it does me. And it's increasingly difficult to pull myself out of this darkness when it happens.

So what does everyone here do when they feel their faith slipping away from them?

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#2 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:36 PM

For me, I try to return to the basics.  I set aside extra time to pour over the Scriptures and see if they make sense any more.  I also return my mind to times when my faith was unshakable - see what I was doing differently.

Whenever I feel my faith slip, a friend who I baptized sends a copy of the written testimony I left him.  It was in very basic Portuguese (I had only been in Brazil a little over a year when I wrote it), but it brings back what I felt when I was preaching the good news.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,823 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:09 PM

Go back to the basics! Once we know the WHY - then everything seems easy and clear. But once in a while, when we come far with lot of things in life, the basic need, the basic essence seems distorted. Stop the things you have been doing and do the soul searching - where it all started! :)

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#4 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 03:22 AM

Ana,

I've been going and forth with this for about 2 years now.  Not sure exactly what helps but maybe sit down and think about EXACTLY what you believe and how that has changed.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users