• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 12:40 PM

From what I understand, the general consensus among the Jesuits is this:  Lucifer was God's right hand man.  The most perfect angel.  God had entrusted him with an immense amount of power.  As time goes on ole' Lucifer starts to think he is equal to God and begins to rebell and tries to organized a few of the other archangels to help him overthrow God.  Guess what happens.  Lucifer isn't bigger than God and gets caught and as punishment is banished to hell, which at the time was an empty hell.  Which of course leaves him to be the Head Honcho there. Still being ego driven and needing to be adored by mere mortals the best revenge against God is to sway the souls away from God because of God's great love of his human creation.  God and Satan are not in a chess game with human souls as the chess pieces, it's Satan that is continuing to exact his revenge against God as well as attain the recognition he still craves and jealousy of human's faithful praise to God.  Hell is empty no more.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#17 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 12:43 PM

Mykie, we were posting at the same time!  I've heard that version as well, and I think it too is part of picture that I left out of what the Jesuits thought.  I going on memory :-/

#18 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 01:10 PM

Kinda of reminds me of the movie, The Prophecy.  I kinda like the idea behind those movies.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#19 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 01:30 PM

It has been a long time since my Comparative Religion Class so I might be a bit hazey as well.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#20 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 27 January 2004 - 01:49 PM

Lucifer's name is derived from the word for light, so I am sure he had an important role before the rebellion.  OTOH, I've always heard Jesus refered to as the First Born.  As such, his was the royal birth-right.  From my understanding, Lucifer got jealous because God chose Jesus

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#21 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 04:12 PM

Naw, all this happened long before God sent his heavenly son live among us heathens.  This comes from the roots of Judaism.  Casting Morning Star out of heaven happened long, long time ago.  (It's Morning Star isn't it Whispers?)
But if you combine MykieDave's post and mine you come up with the story of events that took place.  I find it funny (odd) that I came up with half the story and had the feeling I left something out, posted mine and Mykie was posting at the same time with the part I left out!  Coolll!

#22 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 05:11 PM

Aloha,

The term First Born for Jesus meant he had all the rights of inheritance for Joseph...at the time only the first born son could inherit and though everyone in town knew that child came a bit soon after the wedding he was still given the rights that Joseph could have given to another son he may have latter had. So it doesn't refer to Lucifer or any theoretical other children just rights under the law at the time
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#23 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:01 PM

I'd always seen or understood that the Morningstar's revolt against his Maker was over man, but more specifically the fact that man had been blessed with free will and he, one of the most powerful of the Seraphim, was still basically a slave.

On a more philosophical note, Lucifer was charged with testing man's worth, their loyalty to god...maybe it was just an inevitabile resentment, or that he would want them to fail a test or two to validate his own beliefs
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#24 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 05:06 PM

Hey Hawker... Great minds ,eh?
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#25 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,823 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:56 AM

but couldn't the story of Lucifer too a bit kinda symbolic! I mean to sya, the more material minded the man becomes, it takes himself away from the Divine, and over the millions of years of belief, Satan could be actually been materialized from the HUMAN emotions and belief's!

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#26 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:04 AM

gak! symbolism! it haunts me! but this thread got me thinking....i've learned more about christianity from GV than i have in over twelve years of sunday school. huh, odd.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#27 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,823 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:39 AM

gak! symbolism! it haunts me! but this thread got me thinking....i've learned more about christianity from GV than i have in over twelve years of sunday school. huh, odd.

Posted Image

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#28 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:30 AM

Wasn't there also the whole thing about the Angels of God laying down with the Daughters of Man?

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#29 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:44 AM

What is confusing about Lucifer being the Morning Star is that, IIRC, there is a passage where *Jesus* calls himself the Morning Star.  Mind you, I have always believed that God and Satan are, if not total inventions of humanity, in league with one another.  This is why the result of obviously demonic actions is usually a conversion to Christianity.  Therefore I tend to mistrust the pair of them and follow another path altogether...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#30 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:21 AM

The story that I was brought up on is that Satan was the most beautiful Angel in heaven. He eventually wanted to be more powerful then GOD. I do think that story is true because in the real world of today people who work in certain places or own certain houses want more then their own boss or neighbor.

An act of how the world really is or an act of how the world was NOT to be. I remember seeing this one picture of a beautiful Angel and in the bottom of that picture it said Lucifer. I quickly clicked off the picture because I felt the presence of evil. But how can evil look so good.

Disguise or Reality, I am not sure

Hunny
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users