Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Franklin Castle

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think it is right to start a club in a Haunted Location or should the spirits be left to their privacy?

Do you think it is right to start a club in a Haunted Location or should the spirits be left to their privacy?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DarkMasterChaos

DarkMasterChaos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:My interst is all things supernatural, all that people may or may not beleive and sometimes hide their beleifs in fear.

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:43 AM

If you are from Ohio, and especially if you are from Cleveland, you have probally heard of Franklin Castle, if you have you should knoww that something is happening there, someone decided to start a club/restraunt in it, what do you think of that?
I am divided into the Light and the Abyss.Today I travel the Light.Tomorrow the Abyss.But always I travel.I am divided into the Light and the Abyss.I am the Light.I am the Abyss.

#2 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:59 PM

If you are from Ohio, and especially if you are from Cleveland, you have probally heard of Franklin Castle, if you have you should knoww that something is happening there, someone decided to start a club/restraunt in it, what do you think of that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Iam from Painesville, Ohio. My girlriend and myself visted Franklins Castle last year and actually got to meet the new owner Charles Mislap. It was under consruction at the time that we desided to pop in. He was holding a open house so people can see what has been done to the castle. We did talk to him briefly and asked him if he believed in the paranormal to be lirkeing in the castle. He kinda laugh at us and he told us that he does not believe in ghosts. Well when we left I turned to Julie and told her that he is in for a rude awakening. He will soon find out about his new house guests. Time will tell. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#3 DarkMasterChaos

DarkMasterChaos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:My interst is all things supernatural, all that people may or may not beleive and sometimes hide their beleifs in fear.

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:25 AM

Indeed, he will learn, the spirits shall see to it.
I am divided into the Light and the Abyss.Today I travel the Light.Tomorrow the Abyss.But always I travel.I am divided into the Light and the Abyss.I am the Light.I am the Abyss.

#4 Andi

Andi

Had to restrain self from licking the back of a semi

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a single mom here in NE Ohio who seems to have some special abilities when it comes to communicating with spirit. I love what I do but sometimes it's hard to explain to people why I can do this and why I would want to. That's why GV is such a cool place!<br /><br />I have 3 little kids, I'm a Reiki practitioner and I am a full time graphic designer. My current home is over 130 years old and has it's share of spirits, who have no intention of leaving.<br /><br />Nice to be here!<br />~ Andi

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:46 AM

I too, have been to the castle... although not inside yet. :clap:

I was just there last week. I think it's very interesting that when you visit the franklin castle club website, they make it look and sound like this fabulous place... but in all actuality it's nothing more after all this time of "renovation" than an overgrown eyesore. Of course I can see through the overgrown brush and weeds, boarded up windows and general look of abandonment... but to anybody else that does not know the history of this place, they'd think it was a dump. I have an "IN" with someone at the Cleveland Historical Society and the word is that after the first "open house" of sorts, the new owner never returned. I find that very interesting indeed!

Should this incredibly historic, incredibly haunted place be made into a club? I don't see why someone shouldn't "try"... it's gonna be more fun watching the spirits stifle the progress. I think we're already seeing that happen. ;)

~ Andi
Who took some awsome camera pix of the castle but cannot get them out of her camera. :(
Reiki Master * Spirit Communication ReadingsI have CDO. ~ The police never think it's as funny as you do.

#5 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:47 PM

Andi, What do you mean he never returned? Charles never came back to his club? From what he said, it is suppose to open sometime in the fall. And it will be designed for a dinner type club and a bed and breakfest. He is still thinking about having a few rooms available for poor people like me! LOL! He's not too sure on that one. I would love to stay there just one night. That castle has so much history behind it and so much to still discover. :) Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#6 Andi

Andi

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a single mom here in NE Ohio who seems to have some special abilities when it comes to communicating with spirit. I love what I do but sometimes it's hard to explain to people why I can do this and why I would want to. That's why GV is such a cool place!<br /><br />I have 3 little kids, I'm a Reiki practitioner and I am a full time graphic designer. My current home is over 130 years old and has it's share of spirits, who have no intention of leaving.<br /><br />Nice to be here!<br />~ Andi

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:55 PM

OMG no... it's nowhere ready to be open for ANYTHING other than a haunted house attraction at Halloween. It's THAT bad.

The windows still have black boards covering them. The brush and "lawn" are so overgrown they resemble the Munster's house from the tv show. I was told that after the initial "meet & greet" that was held after he bought the place, that he never returned.

That's coming from the person that works for the Cleveland Historical Society. Trust me... anybody with any sense could drive by that place and tell that nobody has been anywhere near it in a very long time.... unless you count the spirits that you can FEEL watching you from the castle. Very eerie... and I don't get creeped out easily.

~ Andi
Reiki Master * Spirit Communication ReadingsI have CDO. ~ The police never think it's as funny as you do.

#7 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:44 PM

Andi, So now Iam wondering why he booged from the place that he bought. That does not make any sense to me at all. When we were in there they had alot of the rooms under consrtuction. He said that he wanted to start from the top first and then work his way down to the main floor. They were working on the ballroom when we were there. We were taking video and pics and he came up to us and told us to stop. And I looked at him and said who in the hell are you? And his reply was "I am the new owner of Franklins Castle." Boy, did I apoligized pretty quickly. I just wonder if something happend to him while he was in there. I"ll bet money on that one. Dave

#8 Andi

Andi

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:46 PM

I have no idea what happened to him..... but I do know for sure that there has been no dsign of life there for a VERY long time and if you call with interest in becoming a member of the "Club", you'll never get a return phone call.

Makes you wonder...

Andi

#9 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 29 September 2005 - 05:28 AM

I think it's a darn shame that a peice of Cleveland's history is aloud to sit there empty like that. The rumour about the "club" has been going round for a couple of years now. The B&B idea won't work because, the Castle is in an awful nieghborhood. Who would pay to sleep there (except us ghost hunters)?

In my opinion it should be purchased by the historical society, and opened to the public as a museum, and they could also hold ghost tours at night.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#10 Andi

Andi

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:02 PM

I agree that it should be opened for tours... it's one of the most prominant pieces of architecture in Cleveland. Many people do not know that there are tunnels leading from the underground of this house to places all over Cleveland, including under Lake Erie itself and even into the bowels of Cleveland Metro General Hospital. Many of the tunnels I'm sure have collapsed, or are unsafe to say the least, but to know that they exist is way cool.

Who knows... maybe the Historical Society will purchase it one day. From what I know of Historical Societies in general though, they don't operate on much more than a shoestring budget. The City of Cleveland would have to be approached to buy it with a business plan to back it up to offset the huge cost. I should do a tax search to see if this property is behind on it's taxes. From the looks of it, there's a very good chance.
~ Andi

#11 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:18 PM

I should buy the castle and make it my own little playground!! Oh Charles got into something that he could'nt finish! What a shame! That is truely amazing building! Dave

#12 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 03 October 2005 - 05:45 PM

Oh Dear, your own little playground??? Honey, you wake up and take pictures for no reason at 2 and 3 a.m.....not unless you take me dancing in the ball room...lol! What a shame though! Dave and I had an absolutely wonderful time visiting the castle. I can only image how beautiful it would have been in it full glory days. Yeah, I would love to own something like that to, not for my own playground, as my sweet, darling Dave puts it, but to restore to it's natural beauty and investigate it and open it for a paranormal society of sorts. I really wonder what happened to Milsap...was it money? or was it the ghosts? Charles did mention an incident to us about a hankerchief that he did think might be paranormal, but he then he said he didn't believe in ghosts...so he was kinda of a hypocrite....kinda like finishing his work on the castle....said he was going to do it...never did! I just hope the next owner follows through, I would hate to see the building in ruins and have to be demolished because it's beyond repair! Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#13 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:57 PM

I swear, if I ever come into a few million bucks, I'm buying the Castle, and you're all invited over for a ghost hunt. But in that neighborhood, it's not the ghosts you have to worry about.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#14 The Tiedemann House

The Tiedemann House

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:30 AM

I think it's a darn shame that a peice of Cleveland's history is aloud to sit there empty like that. The rumour about the "club" has been going round for a couple of years now. The B&B idea won't work because, the Castle is in an awful nieghborhood. Who would pay to sleep there (except us ghost hunters)?

In my opinion it should be purchased by the historical society, and opened to the public as a museum, and they could also hold ghost tours at night.

You are completely right and Charlie is a very close friend of mine. I do not agree with his "CLUB" ideas and I could tell you A LOT of stories about his plans that are not going anywhere. Email me. :headbang:

You would be surprised to know the truth...

#15 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:39 AM

:headbang: :Spaz: :hug: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: http://franklincastleclub.com/ Just some info for everyone....http://www.prairieghosts.com/oh-frank.html some more.... http://www.ghosts.org/franklin.html

I am SOOO jealous! I would love to see this place in person....I don't blame all of you for wanting to spend time there, it is a gorgeous place! Good luck with winning that few million Duke! If you buy it I will definitely have to come to the party!!!

Edited by beccaluvsghostsntexas, 24 August 2006 - 09:40 AM.

It's just Becca Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)